• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Against my better judgement, I'm going to the 1500 next weekend. I have a feeling I'm going to regret it given the media frenzy and the apparent lack of knowledge of the buyers based on my previous trips but I'm only looking for parts this time and maybe a diamond in the rough .22 that I can sell to doddg.

I'll be there when it opens on Sunday so I'm hoping to meet some of the INGO elite in person.

slamminsam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    anderson
    i bet the 1500 will be very crowded this time just because of all the attention that the assault ban is bringing to the AR15 they are flying off the self every gun shop ive been in the last few days at least one person was buying an AR

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I plan on going but I don't think it will be too crazy. I am sure there will be some dealers with $800 entry level ARs but otherwise I expect crowded but normal.

Of course if another yahoo shoots up someplace or a bill makes progress, all bets are off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    By entry level I mean the very base mainstream. Think Ruger 556 or S&W Sport II. So $500-$550 being priced at $800 or so.

There were 2 vendors at the last show very close to the Ingo booth doing just this. SW sporter for $850. I stopped and spent a minute negotiating and he was firm. I laughed and said these are $500 rifles man. Seriously and walked away.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Should I expect decent prices on "average" LPKs or just buy online?

I am not a ninja or a millionaire, nor do I plan on being air-dropped into Iran, so something akin to a Midway Stoner or PSA kit are what I'm talking about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Should I expect decent prices on "average" LPKs or just buy online?

I am not a ninja or a millionaire, nor do I plan on being air-dropped into Iran, so something akin to a Midway Stoner or PSA kit are what I'm talking about.

You just have to look. Parts/pieces are everywhere in abundance.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    There were 2 vendors at the last show very close to the Ingo booth doing just this. SW sporter for $850. I stopped and spent a minute negotiating and he was firm. I laughed and said these are $500 rifles man. Seriously and walked away.

Those guys must like hauling that **** back and forth from the truck to the table.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Every show is unique and kind of a study in people! I imagine there will be a few people looking at this as their very last chance to ever buy an AR or a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. There are probably some dealers that will capitalize on that panic. I would bet that attendance will be good and prices on most things will not be much different than the last show. Hopefully no anti 2A protests at the fairgrounds. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Just north or just east of the fairgrounds is an area where they need to hold the anti 2a rally.

That area will change a few minds towards a pro 2a stance.

i might just come to this one. Been quite some time since I have been to a 1500. I might not get over to the Ohio gun collectors show this weekend (great show) and I missed the National gun day already.

The 1500 is always a hoot. Expensive 10 to get in and 5 to park (maybe more now) and the Ohio shows are three years (four shows a year) free parking for 90 dollars. Club members only no flea market stuff. I see more of the stuff I look to buy in Ohio.

I do need a spam can of SHTF 7.62x39 as I used the can opener on mine and the AK need a new one (or two) so it’s place in the user safe let’s it hit the barrel notch. Those short barreled blacks guns.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I do need a spam can of SHTF 7.62x39 as I used the can opener on mine and the AK need a new one (or two) so it’s place in the user safe let’s it hit the barrel notch. Those short barreled blacks guns.

Mine sit on a slowly settling box of AR mags. Used to be a S&W custom shop case. Between this and the Marlin lever actions, you are a man of taste. Just stay away from any auctions I attend.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I remember snorko having the 357 version of the marlin limited SS 1894. He wanted to sell it also. What about 2009-2008 when the economy was rather hard on jmarriott. I remember eating Ramin noodles and PBJ sandwiches for several weeks saving to buy it from you. Then my daughter had to have so medical expenses paid off. Very time I see you place something up it is something I have or want.

Do do you still have that 1894 SS limited 357? Economic times are good and I got bit coin cash in the safe.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Actually it was the 45 Colt version( 16" ported, stainless, laminate, FO sights). And no, sold it a while back. I also had a blued ported 16" .357 I got rid of. I miss them both. Some day I will learn not to sell anything that can't be easily replaced.

Heck, I am excited about the new line-up of 1894s they are allegedly producing. I know it is the new company and all but a stainless threaded 16" .357 sounds good.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Did you see the price of the 39a MSRP? 3k plus my wife still complains about the 14 model 39a/m and Mounties I have. When I showed her the new MSRP she now helps clean them.
    https://www.marlinfirearms.com/custom-shop/model-39a/model-39a-fancy

I have both the 44 mag and 45 long colt versions of the 1894 SS limited. Going price with box manuals ect is edging north of 3k.
    I also picked up the same looking 1895 SDG and SDT in Ohio at the collectors show for 1k each no box.
    They made 501 of the 1895 SDG and SDT. 249 of the limited SS 44 and 45. I finally retired the SS 1894 from hunting because the price increased 5 fold since I bought it. I already miss hunting with that one.

I bought a nice 1953 marlin 336 SC in 35 rem for a song because it has a long chamber. It would not always fire factory ammo. I reload and know the fix so I hunt with it now.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Every show is unique and kind of a study in people! I imagine there will be a few people looking at this as their very last chance to ever buy an AR or a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. There are probably some dealers that will capitalize on that panic. I would bet that attendance will be good and prices on most things will not be much different than the last show. Hopefully no anti 2A protests at the fairgrounds. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Should be decent weather and by decent, I mean cold enough to keep the sleeveless t-shirt and tank top crowd somewhat covered up.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I just called my local gun pusher and he will place and order for the 1894 CST in the morning.

Painted hardwood. Hmm. I think I will order the laminate stock also.

PS his first 4 distributor’s did not show the 1894 CST on their web sites. The guy will find one I am sure.
    With Cerberus In impending bankruptcy I hope they even make it before the doors close.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Against my better judgement, I'm going to the 1500 next weekend. I have a feeling I'm going to regret it given the media frenzy and the apparent lack of knowledge of the buyers based on my previous trips but I'm only looking for parts this time and maybe a diamond in the rough .22 that I can sell to doddg.

I'll be there when it opens on Sunday so I'm hoping to meet some of the INGO elite in person.

I'll be working Sunday. If you want Elite INGOers maybe Friday or Saturday is the better option. :D

I guess now is a good a time as any to announce that we will have a pretty nice contest for INGO members (who stop by the booth) to have a chance to win! Details to come soon

Top Bottom