• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Dumb question but does anyone sell decent airsoft guns there? Looking for something to kill the time in the house or at the office during these winter months and not real impressed with what Dick's has.

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    Last show they had I attended to find my wife the "bersa" she wanted, who knows why, but I didnt care, I stopped at Elmores on the way home and found one there less than the show. May be just that one time or who knows, but it helped me out and saved a few more bucks

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    The best deals there are often wandering around on two feet. Pay attention to what people are selling and you can usually find some real deals. I always go on Friday and buy ammo (you really dont do much better buying online once you pay the shipping cost) and handle anything I might be interested in. I never go in with the mindset that I HAVE to buy something, but if a good deal comes along, I wont hesitate to pick it up.

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    If I have a couple long guns that I want to sell, how do I go about that at the Indy 1500? I've never been to one before & my dad & I are planning on heading up to this next one. If the guns I have listed in the classifieds don't sell by then, I'd like to take them to the 1500 & try to sell them there. Just not sure on the process to do that.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    If I have a couple long guns that I want to sell, how do I go about that at the Indy 1500? I've never been to one before & my dad & I are planning on heading up to this next one. If the guns I have listed in the classifieds don't sell by then, I'd like to take them to the 1500 & try to sell them there. Just not sure on the process to do that.

That's an awfully long drive from your location did you take the plunge?. Just carry them around if you find someone who agrees with your pricing cash and carry. Unless you need to keep buyer info or something like that.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    The drive isn't bad, it's about 90 minutes up 74 for us to the 465 loop.

Do the guns need to be in cases or anything? Or can you just carry them without a case?

The police will zip-tie it at the entrance, you don't need a case. I've seen several people who make a little flag with info on the model, caliber, asking price, etc. and put it in the muzzle.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The police will zip-tie it at the entrance, you don't need a case. I've seen several people who make a little flag with info on the model, caliber, asking price, etc. and put it in the muzzle.
    i did this same thing last year and got my "asking price within 15minutes" so i held out for another half hour and got more for it. I went on Saturday. I wrote:
    FOR SALE
    MODEL
    MAKE OFFER

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I know a lot of people complain about prices, and I've been one of them.... but Ive had some great deals out of there before. And I will typically have an idea in my head of what certain guns or ammo should run online.

As a collector, I've found some pieces there before that just HAD to go home with me, too.... so as long as I have money to spend, the Indy1500 is never a wasted deal for me (I bet 1/3 of what I have came from prior Indy1500's).

The only thing I can consistently gripe about that never seems to get better is the winter shows are always CRAMMED elbow to elbow, so tight that a lot of times I can't even get to some tables to see what they have.

I will say this - a few years back when I wanted a carry piece, the Indy 1500 could simply not be beat for the variety and availability of different makes, models and calibers that I could pick up and feel for "natural fit" (grip, balance, trigger).... I ended up buying a CZ and have never been happier with anything else I've shot since then.

Does it suck to have to pay for parking, to pay to get in, to have to deal with sardine-like crowds? Yeah, but I still like going....

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Dumb question but does anyone sell decent airsoft guns there? Looking for something to kill the time in the house or at the office during these winter months and not real impressed with what Dick's has.

The last one I went to there were several selling Airsoft guns, but my nephew said that the prices were high.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I like going to the 1500, but try and spread out the visits. I haven't found the algorithm yet for what show has the good deals and stuff. The last one was great. I got an Israeli Bi-pod grip for my AR and a pair of Mickey Boots. My wife got a nice conceal purse.

I couldn't find one in my color.......:hehe:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Not a big fan of browsing at the show (or a gun shop) and then buying online. I know it's tempting to save a few bucks, but if we don't spend our money locally, eventually all of our local toy stores will go out of business.

Personally, I won't go to a store to finger the goods, then order online. If handling the item before buying is important, then the higher price (or having to pay sales tax) is the cost for that benefit. The only exception is if the bricks-and-mortar retailer is inattentive or treats me badly.

IMO, buying online should be limited to items that you can't find locally.

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    worth the price of admission

Nothing like holding your next purchase prior to buying. I like looking for hidden treasures you never know what you will find.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    This is my first trip back to 1500 in a few years. The first time was just to see what was there. Now, I'm more interested in specific ammo, specific airsoft guns for practice (especially wife who is pregnant and can't shoot right now), and even a compact gun for summer. I'm following this thread to see the suggestions for which booths are good and who to avoid.

Top Bottom