• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My first job out of college was in Oklahoma City in 1988, and in May, the local radio station did Indy 500 Trivia questions every day. Guys I worked with thought I must be a big race fan, since I knew all the answers, but I told them "I've never been to the track, I just grew up in central Indiana". That race was also the first time I got to watch it live on TV.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    What time does it open?

8:00AM6:00PM

[h=4]Gates Open[/h]
    VIEW GATE REGULATIONS
    VIEW OPEN GATES & STANDS

8:00AM3:30PM

[h=4]Midway Open[/h]

8:00AM

[h=4]Historic Race Car Laps[/h]

10:00AM

[h=4]Indy Lights Autograph Session[/h]

11:00AM12:30PM

[h=4]Indianapolis 500 Final Practice[/h]Exciting action resembling the 200-lap race will unfold on track during an open practice for all qualified drivers. Expect heavy traffic and plenty of drafting and passing at race pace since this practice will be the longest post-qualifying on-track session for the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge field before Race Day.

SPOTTER GUIDE

12:35PM

[h=4]Freedom 100 Driver Introductions[/h]

12:43PM

[h=4]Invocation[/h]To be delivered by Pastor Time Ayres.

12:44PM

[h=4]National Anthem[/h]

12:55PM

[h=4]'Drivers Start Your Engines'[/h]

1:00PM

[h=4]Freedom 100 presented by Cooper Tires (40 Laps)[/h]

2:00PM3:30PM

[h=4]Indy 500 Pit Stop Challenge[/h]

2:00PM

[h=4]Concert Gates Open[/h]The Miller Lite Carb Day Concert will turbo-charge Indy 500 weekend once again, with legendary rock band Foreigner headlining the show on Friday, May 24. Kool & the Gang will open the concert following final practice for the 103rd Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge, the Freedom 100 presented by Cooper Tires and the Indy 500 Pit Stop Competition – all available for one great price!

Coolers are allowed in Concert General Admission and Concert Pit areas, but are NOT permitted within the VIP Deck.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you get there when it opens you can park in the IMS lot across from the straightaway and literally walk across the street and into the track. Probably less walking than parking in the infield to a shuttle.
    The problem with that, my yeti and wagon can’t come in. If you walk in, you’re limited to those itty bitty coolers. If you drive in, you’re limited to what will fit in your vehicle!;)Yes, I’m one of those Carb Day drinkers, I save the serious fandom for the real race on Sunday. Friday is all about Booze, Bros, and Boobies!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Why my cooler has wheels. I'll be in the Paddock in my annual seats in Box 9.

Screenshot-2019-05-23-06-14-31-1.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't been to the race in years, Memorial day has become more of a relax,eat, drink, and talk holiday with my sons.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Been watching the news from the track this morning and anybody going to carb day today should be advised... wear boots! The infield is a muddy mess all over apparently.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The venue being used for pro-abortion political messages is every bit as disgusting as the knee stuff in the football games.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The venue being used for pro-abortion political messages is every bit as disgusting as the knee stuff in the football games.

The practice of using these events for such things is wrong on so many levels. Lets go racing. Lets play ball. Leave the other Bravo Sierra at the curb.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    The practice of using these events for such things is wrong on so many levels. Lets go racing. Lets play ball. Leave the other Bravo Sierra at the curb.

I wonder what Roger had to say to little Joey about his woman's choice of clothing. I can't imagine him being okay with that crap, regardless of which view she has.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The terrorists are ready for the crowds tomorrow. They run the parking and soda pop sale. I just supply security...:):

We have repeats every year. Close enough for a short warm up walk into the turn 4 gates and not to far after its over.
    Plus we always have the grills going. If you wish there may be a cheeseburger. With sides.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The terrorists are ready for the crowds tomorrow. They run the parking and soda pop sale. I just supply security...:):

We have repeats every year. Close enough for a short warm up walk into the turn 4 gates and not to far after its over.
    Plus we always have the grills going. If you wish there may be a cheeseburger. With sides.
    Damn i know which way im walking :):

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield

If the heathens were a little bit older to go to the race we would be seeing you. Sadly I don't see a soon to be 5 year old actually wanting to go to the race let alone sitting still to watch it. Which is a shame because a vendor of mine gave me awesome seats in the SW Vista Section 8 Row K. I had to give them away because the girls are too young and Mama is too pregnant.

I actually got those tickets in addition to suite box tickets for the Grand Prix race as well as Carb Day

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

:drool:

Top Bottom