• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    The terrorists are ready for the crowds tomorrow. They run the parking and soda pop sale. I just supply security...:):

We have repeats every year. Close enough for a short warm up walk into the turn 4 gates and not to far after its over.
    Plus we always have the grills going. If you wish there may be a cheeseburger. With sides.

Dibs!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The terrorists are ready for the crowds tomorrow. They run the parking and soda pop sale. I just supply security...:):

We have repeats every year. Close enough for a short warm up walk into the turn 4 gates and not to far after its over.
    Plus we always have the grills going. If you wish there may be a cheeseburger. With sides.
    We park in the Dotlich lot south of the track and walk to the Paddock. Turn 4 is too faaaaaaar for a cheeseburger. We typically beat feet afterwards. I will send you a mule pm soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well crap. The way WTHR has been going on and on about how they're going to be covering this year's race for the first time ever, I thought it wasn't going to be blacked out (finally), but I see that is not the case. :xmad: They never mentioned the blackout at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well crap. The way WTHR has been going on and on about how they're going to be covering this year's race for the first time ever, I thought it wasn't going to be blacked out (finally), but I see that is not the case. :xmad: They never mentioned the blackout at all.

Always blacked out inside a given radius. Always.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Always blacked out inside a given radius. Always.

Yeah I know it always has been, but the way channel 13 was talking about it made it sound like it wasn't going to be for the first time. I guess they were just referring to it being covered by NBC for the first time ever. They're airing it at 7 p.m. (just like every station that's covered it has). The Charlotte race starts at 6, so more than likely I'll be watching that. Or at least part of it... 6 p.m. is getting close to bed time. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I know it always has been, but the way channel 13 was talking about it made it sound like it wasn't going to be for the first time. I guess they were just referring to it being covered by NBC for the first time ever. They're airing it at 7 p.m. (just like every station that's covered it has). The Charlotte race starts at 6, so more than likely I'll be watching that. Or at least part of it... 6 p.m. is getting close to bed time. :):

The Speedway sets the rules for broadcast coverage.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Speedway sets the rules for broadcast coverage.

Yep, I knew that too. Was just hoping they came around this year. Wonder why they allow the Brickyard (not even close to being sold out) to be broadcast live, but not the 500. I'm sure there's money involved some way or another.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kids are parking 3 yards today. Ours theirs and the neighbor to the north. They are almost full.
    Terrorists are selling pop and water from the stand we built for them. They have set their traditions.
    There will be a huge feed here after the race.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Kids are parking 3 yards today. Ours theirs and the neighbor to the north. They are almost full.
    Terrorists are selling pop and water from the stand we built for them. They have set their traditions.
    There will be a huge feed here after the race.

I'm not fighting the traffic so don't plan on me for a cheeseburger today. By chance do y'all have a deliver service set up? Have a great time making memories with the grandkids

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The Speedway might set the rules for broadcast, but the lying news media, specifically WTHR local channel 13 has been bragging all week about the race being broadcast live.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not seen the fly over. Have they changed that as well this year. They always came right over the house.

I saw a flight of Blackhawks earlier but I didn't see the National Anthem Flyover. USAF Heritage Flight had an F-16, A-10, P-51 Mustang and P-40 Warhawk. The Stang and the Warhawk are "Heritage", but it makes me feel old when they include a Viper and a Hawg.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The Speedway might set the rules for broadcast, but the lying news media, specifically WTHR local channel 13 has been bragging all week about the race being broadcast live.

Was it "We"-WTHR or "We"-NBC? Either way it sucks. Prior to moving to central Indiana 20 years ago I watched every race that I can remember. Even the ex soon learned to stay the **** away from me during the 500. If only she had just learned to stay the **** away from me period but that's a different story!:laugh:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    NBC must think they're doing the rest of us a favor to broadcast the race, just endured a several minute commercial string starting with Herta's caution without any race coverage.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Fly over after the National Anthem only saw 1 jet [not sure what kind] did 2 barrel rolls over my house:rockwoot: and left slowly to the north. I am 1 mile east of track.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Okay, so I'm not the only one that was under this impression! It was only this morning that they said ANYTHING about the race being shown at 7 p.m..

And femurphy, it was WTHR doing the bragging. I'm not even listening on the radio.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'll give WTHR a break, maybe they don't understand that a delayed broadcast at 7PM is not the same as a live broadcast at 12:45PM. Maybe they think seeing the live race delayed is the same as a live race in real time. (Purple as needed)

Top Bottom