• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This was the result of the Las Vegas mass shooting. They are going to try making it like this to check into a hotel. Michael Chertoff - former director of Homeland Security, lobbyist, and major shareholder of OSI Group (maker of the body scanners used in airports), will make a fortune. :nuts:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    This was the result of the Las Vegas mass shooting. They are going to try making it like this to check into a hotel. Michael Chertoff - former director of Homeland Security, lobbyist, and major shareholder of OSI Group (maker of the body scanners used in airports), will make a fortune. :nuts:

Actually, the Fair Board letter was posted on 10/06/17 and the attack in Vegas was 10/07/17

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I told the person running the metal detector I probably wouldn’t be back next season if these remained. He said he would convey my concerns to the front office. Yeah, right.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've sent a FB message to the Indy Fuel page asking to whom I should direct questions and frustrations about the "security theater" that was instituted right before this season. Haven't heard back, but I also included that my buddy and I had bought tkts for this season and if things don't change that we would more than likely not be attending next season. We'll see where this goes and I'll keep this updated.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've sent a FB message to the Indy Fuel page asking to whom I should direct questions and frustrations about the "security theater" that was instituted right before this season. Haven't heard back, but I also included that my buddy and I had bought tkts for this season and if things don't change that we would more than likely not be attending next season. We'll see where this goes and I'll keep this updated.
    Ill help you with that, you MAY get a canned response about “safety” of their fans etc. Nothing will change anywhere until EVERYONE stands up and says they are tired of standing in lines waiting to be groped or scanned, for the illusion of safety. Until it affects their wallets, the powers that be will continue to put bandaids on the issue of security, by fooling the masses into thinking a $12 an hour “Security Officer” is all they need to protect them from evil.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Indy Fuel games are the best spectator sporting events in town, by far.

Part of what I liked about the games was that I was always able to CC my pistol in.

They made the announcement about the metal detectors right before this season started, which is why I didn’t buy season tickets this year... and why I won’t be going to any games.

It’s a shame.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That kind of security is a joke, and I'm not spending my money to go someplace with lots of people, and be disarmed, so some jerk can just shoot his way past security and kill everyone he wants willy-nilly with nobody to stop him.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Feel free to drop by their Facebook Page and tell them what you think of the new security measures installed by the fairgrounds board... Let them know that they are loosing fans and money because of it!

Indy Fuel FB

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I reached out to the Indy Indians. Here's the current response.

GNRPowder,[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I wanted to first thank you for letting us know your concerns regarding this issue and security involving going to and from events and also at the event itself. I will let you know that at this time we do not have plans to put in walk-through metal detectors. We will be meeting with local law enforcement, FBI, and Homeland Security to discuss security and safety issues and ways that we can mitigate them to ensure a safe and family friendly environment for all of our fans who visit Victory Field.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Thanks, and look forward to having you at the ballpark this summer.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Andrew Jackson [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]|[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Director of Stadium Operations[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Indianapolis Indians at Victory Field[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]501 W. Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Office: (317) 532-6947
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Although I hate the idea of being forced to disarm for security theater, does anyone really expect them to change their policy? From management's standpoint, imagine the meeting where someone suggests loosening their security procedures - the suggester would get laughed at (or fired). Imagine being in management for the team, and after loosening the policy, an incident occurs - you could kiss goodbye the chance to ever work in sports management again.

Not saying it's right, but do you expect people to risk their livelihood in exchange for the few hundred additional tickets that the team might sell to INGOers?

Swallow hard and enjoy some cheap entertainment, or exercise your right to take a stand on principle even though nobody with the authority to effect any change will care. There must be better ways to use our time.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Swallow hard and enjoy some cheap entertainment, or exercise your right to take a stand on principle even though nobody with the authority to effect any change will care. There must be better ways to use our time.

NFL and NBA have already lost me. Hockey is right on the fence due to local frustrations. If the guys in the minor league parks screw it up, I'm about left with NASCAR!?!

More time for cleaning out the garage and running my reloader... Then, take my buddies that I'd have attended the sporting event to the range for a different kind of fun...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "The people who manage this page will review your post".

IOW, it won't be seen!

I attempted to once again ask about their security policy and now I don't even have the opportunity to have my post "reviewed":

Their current response,

"Insufficient Permission

You do not have the necessary permission for the specified Page to perform the requested action."

Apparently they've "unfriended" me!!!:tantrum::chest:

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I just went to the KLOVE Christmas concert @ Old National & had the same problem. Every time I go to some venue like this I make some comment to someone in line near me along the lines of, "Making sure everyone is defenseless going to, from & at this!" Every time, the person I talk to says that they didn't carry because of it as well! We all need to start boycotting these venues!! Let them know why & I am sure that at least SOME of them would stop!

Top Bottom