• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Just got off the phone with a different Matt (State Fairgrounds Security Director) and he explained that the original plan was to enact the change for the '18 - '19 season, but Vegas changed the game. The Board is working with a consultant that also works with Disney to methodically improve the security and service of the entire property.

He stated that I have been the only one who has contacted them in frustration with the new policies and the resounding response has been positive.

We agreed to disagree with the future direction of the security policies and wished each other a Merry Christmas.

[STRIKE](317)927-1405[/STRIKE]

I'm not sure how many people have contacted Matt but I know first hand there have been several people that have complained about the walk through metal detectors and searches they go through.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Here tonight. Alarm went off. I said. Whoops cell phone or steel toe shoes. Remove cell phone...step back out. Goes off again. I mention shoes. She wanded my feet and ankles...waved me on. Unless it highlights to them what area...never paid belt any mind.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Here tonight. Alarm went off. I said. Whoops cell phone or steel toe shoes. Remove cell phone...step back out. Goes off again. I mention shoes. She wanded my feet and ankles...waved me on. Unless it highlights to them what area...never paid belt any mind.

It does highlight to them an area of question. I heard them say that only my feet were showing the first time I went through with my safety toe shoes.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm not sure how many people have contacted Matt but I know first hand there have been several people that have complained about the walk through metal detectors and searches they go through.

I honestly doubt that most people would go to the level that I did to find the right person to "discuss" my concerns, so I expect that my chat with Matt was the first he has heard of things...

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Had a buddy share that they got through "security" with stuff they shouldn't have at a game recently. This is a freaking joke...

I've even had it suggested that I take a training blade with me on my next visit to see if it gets through or simply confuses them.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Nobody is complaining? Bunk! I ***** every time I go through that thing. I call it the “good guy disarmament device”. Cary and I leave no doubt how we feel about it, every time we go there.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Nobody is complaining? Bunk! I ***** every time I go through that thing. I call it the “good guy disarmament device”. Cary and I leave no doubt how we feel about it, every time we go there.

I agree, but it was the first time he'd heard about it. Not everyone is an tenacious as I am to keep climbing above the people manning the stations. This is why his number isn't posted IN THIS POST for others to call and voice their concerns.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Attending my last Fuel game and am finding it sad that I've walked in with two blades EVERY GAME I'VE ATTENDED. For anyone wanting a picture from tonight, PM me...

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Heading to a Fuel game soon. I'm assuming nothing has changed this season to make carry easier at the Coliseum. Can anyone confirm?

As you now know, the change wasn't made by the Fuel leaders, but the Fair Ground Board. Unless the Fuel figure out a new venue, or the Board feels enough pressure (purple where desired), it isn't likely that the "policy" will change in our favor any time soon.

Remember that the Director of the Fair Ground Security may or not have a point of contact further up this thread...

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Yep, nothing changed. In fact they must have the sensitivity on the detectors jacked up pretty high. I couldn't get through with a pocket knife that has made it through several other detectors.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Yep, nothing changed. In fact they must have the sensitivity on the detectors jacked up pretty high. I couldn't get through with a pocket knife that has made it through several other detectors.

You must have gotten there early before they turned it down. After so many false positives they either adjust or just start ignoring. Fun to watch.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

You must have gotten there early before they turned it down. After so many false positives they either adjust or just start ignoring. Fun to watch.

Again, if you are interested in trying to change their minds, please see THIS POST for more information...

Top Bottom