• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just went to the KLOVE Christmas concert @ Old National & had the same problem. Every time I go to some venue like this I make some comment to someone in line near me along the lines of, "Making sure everyone is defenseless going to, from & at this!" Every time, the person I talk to says that they didn't carry because of it as well! We all need to start boycotting these venues!! Let them know why & I am sure that at least SOME of them would stop!

I'm already boycotting.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    My buddy and I had already purchased a pkg deal for the year before they changed the rules, or I wouldn't have bought them... Haven't heard back (what a shock), but I'm attending the game Thursday and will attempt to get some names / phone numbers / email addresses to point our frustrations and concerns.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have no doubt, Joey! I normally do, too. This really pisses me off!!! I would love to figure out a way to subvert this NAZI attempt to disarm us!

We all know how well that worked for the people in Vegas!

Amen!

I still remember our adventure at the gov't centers complex.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Whatever happened to the "Hard Liquor and Handgun" promotions?

Maybe somebody should suggest INGO / LTCH night - discounted tickets for LTCH holders, and double the discount for people who carry to the game.

I can totally see these things happening.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Whatever happened to the "Hard Liquor and Handgun" promotions?

Maybe somebody should suggest INGO / LTCH night - discounted tickets for LTCH holders, and double the discount for people who carry to the game.

I can totally see these things happening.

I like the way you think...

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Has anyone ever tried something like a Smart Carry and large belt buckle? The gun/mag would be below the beltline right around where the belt buckle is. Say you are carrying a Kahr CM9 or J-frame, it should print at all. They would probably wand over the gun/buckle area, but would they make you take off the buckle to confirm? Just thinking out loud, if I was still living in Indy frequenting these venues I'd give it a go. As it is the only events I go to now are Blackhawk's games, and that's always a no carry zone.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Amen!

I still remember our adventure at the gov't centers complex.

Me too! That REALLY pisses me off! IN Constitution Article 1, section 23; "The General Assembly shall not grant to anycitizen, or class of citizens, privileges or immunities, which,upon the same terms, shall not equally belong to all citizens."

This rule CLEARLY violates this! Since Legislators and now their staff can carry, but we little people can NOT!

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Has anyone ever tried something like a Smart Carry and large belt buckle? The gun/mag would be below the beltline right around where the belt buckle is. Say you are carrying a Kahr CM9 or J-frame, it should print at all. They would probably wand over the gun/buckle area, but would they make you take off the buckle to confirm? Just thinking out loud, if I was still living in Indy frequenting these venues I'd give it a go. As it is the only events I go to now are Blackhawk's games, and that's always a no carry zone.

I would wager that they WOULD make you remove the belt/buckle!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

I would wager that they WOULD make you remove the belt/buckle!

Correct, from my experience...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Me too! That REALLY pisses me off! IN Constitution Article 1, section 23; "The General Assembly shall not grant to anycitizen, or class of citizens, privileges or immunities, which,upon the same terms, shall not equally belong to all citizens."

This rule CLEARLY violates this! Since Legislators and now their staff can carry, but we little people can NOT!

Indeed!

Plus everyone who has a state ID can bypass the metal detectors, so it's only for the unwashed scum like us who are subject to the security.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I was there last week and spent some time in the entry area. As the evening progressed, the machines gave false positives more and more which lead to "security" waving more people through. Truly a theatrical presentation to behold.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Good Morning GNRPowdeR,

Matt ##### from the Fuel reached out to me regarding you wanting to talk to someone regarding the Metal Detectors. I can assist you with anything that you need in the Coliseum. I am in and out of meetings today but if you want to give me a shout or set up a time to talk I would be more than happy to.

Thanks,
    Jackie

Jackie Lewis
    Assistant General Manager | Indiana State Fair Commission
    Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center
    1202 East 38th Street /// Indianapolis, IN 46205

jlewis@indianastatefair.com
    O/F (317) 927-7619

I'm working on contacting Jackie via phone to discuss my / our concerns with the Security screening procedures put in place.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I know it isn't your responsibility, but I have quit going to the fights, I mean games, due to the security. I need to see if I can get a refund for my remaining 6 tickets. I won't return until proper people are allowed in.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Just got off the phone with a different Matt (State Fairgrounds Security Director) and he explained that the original plan was to enact the change for the '18 - '19 season, but Vegas changed the game. The Board is working with a consultant that also works with Disney to methodically improve the security and service of the entire property.

He stated that I have been the only one who has contacted them in frustration with the new policies and the resounding response has been positive.

We agreed to disagree with the future direction of the security policies and wished each other a Merry Christmas.

[STRIKE](317)927-1405[/STRIKE]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just got off the phone with a different Matt (State Fairgrounds Security Director) and he explained that the original plan was to enact the change for the '18 - '19 season, but Vegas changed the game. The Board is working with a consultant that also works with Disney to methodically improve the security and service of the entire property.

He stated that I have been the only one who has contacted them in frustration with the new policies and the resounding response has been positive.

We agreed to disagree with the future direction of the security policies and wished each other a Merry Christmas.

[STRIKE](317)927-1405[/STRIKE]

My Spidey-senses tell me that both parts of that statement are lies.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Last year at Banker's Life it was demanded that I remove my belt. After a short exchange I got the wand and went on it. I am still pissed about it. I want to go there once a year and now I don't want to do that.

The lady demanding I removed my belt was quick to say it was my own safety. I told her that I would be safer with my knives and pistols. She did not know how to respond and another guy stepped in and took over.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Last year at Banker's Life it was demanded that I remove my belt. After a short exchange I got the wand and went on it. I am still pissed about it. I want to go there once a year and now I don't want to do that.

The lady demanding I removed my belt was quick to say it was my own safety. I told her that I would be safer with my knives and pistols. She did not know how to respond and another guy stepped in and took over.

The last time I was there it was a double date and I was given free tkts for the event. I have decided to stop attending BLF, and other venues that have chosen to push the "hardened target" security theater while turning everyone into tasty sheep.

Top Bottom