• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No purple needed. You are right on!

Apply fusia as needed

So true. Still waiting on my badge to arrive.

Apply dark byzantium with shades of fandango and lavender, peppered with violet as needed.

Ok. I've never been more proud of INGO in all my life than when I read a "byzantium" reference to a post by an Orthodox. :D

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    This is also why I love my garage. It's locked up tight with its own alarm system. Not to the alarm company, but to make loud noise. My bedroom is on the second floor with a balcony window. My plan in its entirety is to stay in my house technically with my rifle ready. If my girl tells me someone is breaking into my garage, I call the cops. If they are coming into my bed room, I call the cops...and ready my weapon. My car has insurance, I'm not worried about it. Same deal if I had parked my car outside. I'll shout out at the thief to see if he scares easily and be ready if he attacks me. At most, I might shine my light on him to see what he'll do. If it turns into a gunfight, I'll fight, if he runs, I'll wait for the cops to fill out a report. Unless I have the ******* down on the ground at gun point, my gun is away or dropped when the cops show up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is also why I love my garage. It's locked up tight with its own alarm system. Not to the alarm company, but to make loud noise. My bedroom is on the second floor with a balcony window. My plan in its entirety is to stay in my house technically with my rifle ready. If my girl tells me someone is breaking into my garage, I call the cops. If they are coming into my bed room, I call the cops...and ready my weapon. My car has insurance, I'm not worried about it. Same deal if I had parked my car outside. I'll shout out at the thief to see if he scares easily and be ready if he attacks me. At most, I might shine my light on him to see what he'll do. If it turns into a gunfight, I'll fight, if he runs, I'll wait for the cops to fill out a report. Unless I have the ******* down on the ground at gun point, my gun is away or dropped when the cops show up.

Now that I have your battle plans, I'll just need your address :)

Hope you've got a sweet car. I'll be sure to wear sunglasses with regards to the flashlight.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They played the 911 call and radio traffic from the incident. Gotta give credit to IMPD for trying to get ahead of this tragic accident before speculation can run too rampant.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Now that I have your battle plans, I'll just need your address :)

Hope you've got a sweet car. I'll be sure to wear sunglasses with regards to the flashlight.

My car is ****, but *******s have stolen ****tier cars for less so...Also, you're gonna need like Arnold's shades to block out the lumens I'm going to be throwing at you

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hah, gotcha

Just heard more on WIBC. They say the man is recovering, so that's good.

They also said both he and the officer perceived each other as a threat. ... wait, what?

Why would the homeowner see the officer as a threat? Are they implying the homeowner raised his gun in response to the officer arriving?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    From the WTHR website, quote from homeowner's niece:

Not vouching for the veracity (obviously) but it does provide a possible detail.

ETA:
    BTW, this scenario also potentially plays out badly for LEOs. Armed homeowner sees dude walking around his darkened windows, homeowner says, "Stop!" then sees dude reach for a weapon....

Just to paraphrase KF's mantra, investments in exterior lighting pay off huge dividends.

Was the niece present during the incident, or is she going by what she heard third-hand?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Updates I'm reading, WTHR,

These updates are claims of the victims neice so no 100% validity
    Officers approached silently because the robbery could have been in progress
    Home owner opened garage, made eye contact and an officer instantly fired, hitting him in the stomach.

Sounds like an all around crappy situation where the stars aligned in a bad way. The cop obviously thought he was the perp, and acted as such when he saw a gun.

Lesson learned, don't be outside or near it holding a damn gun when officers are en route!!

Top Bottom