• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I really hate to see Bob go. I am guessing Tom will go on as long as he can. He has kids in collage plus little kids too, may want/need that paycheck coming in. I do hope they do not have P-Taz as Bobs permanent replacement. I much rather have just Tom, Chick and Kristie if the fourth person is going to stink.

Last edited:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I listened for a couple years, until I realized I was hearing the same bits over and over. Now, in Fort Wayne they've changed stations and the morning show I thought was better was replaced by Bob and Tom, and since I don't feel like listening to farm news I listen to them. I might like the show better without Bob.

That Godzilla bit never gets old.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I'm hoping Jimmy Matis is going to show back up and do the show. It was nice listening to him with the guys this morning after 10 reminiscing about old times.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Sorry to see Bob go, I liked him over Tom any day.

I don't know if this is a joke or not, but looks like Donnie Baker won't be back either. (looks like it may be about $$$). watch the language at the end

[video=youtube;9xR9TDFQJHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xR9TDFQJHs[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm hoping Jimmy Matis is going to show back up and do the show. It was nice listening to him with the guys this morning after 10 reminiscing about old times.

I always loved him on Q95, was my favorite DJ. Not a huge fan of Gunner.

I eventually met Jimmy when he went to work at Emmis Communications (after leaving ClearChannel). I worked at Emmis at the time. He did some of the sports shows there, but mostly worked in sales. After that, he went on to work with the Colts, where he is today.

He's a pretty cool guy, all around.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd have to guess if that is the case, they don't plan on being around much longer.

I'm trying to find more info about Sexton to verify that's what happened. No news or articles about it... but he did "call in" on today's episode. I recall he said something odd, I'll have to go back and give it a listen to see if it makes sense in this context.

Obviously the show didn't say anything about it, if there is something going on there... but they're notoriously quiet about some of the inside baseball.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The Donnie Baker thing isn't a joke... Everything he says in a comedic way, is rather true... Appears they wanted to drop his 'value' :(

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Chick will be next.

Up here in Fort Wayne they switched stations. The Bear had carried Bob & Tom for a number of years but on January 1st the show moved to WXKE. I can understand the Bear dropping the show but cannot understand WXKE picking them up. The format does not fit the audience.

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    I think the show will be over by the end of the year, at this rate. Tom alone can't carry the show if Chick does indeed end up leaving, and some would argue that Tom has been lowering the over all quality/driving the others out. It's been a long run, and mostly good, but with the way regular radio is going it's was only a matter of time for them.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

Wow! Hadn't seen her in a while. :wrongdoor:

9620938_G.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It may just be an on-air thing, but Chick really seems to despise Tom. I don't see him staying without the others to bounce jokes and comments off of... and no, Tom can't carry that show alone. Been a good run, Bob and Tom. Good wishes for all involved- I'm going to miss listening to them. Hell, I already do, with Bob gone and Kristi not there all last week. Nice to hear Pat again, but the show has indeed, jumped the shark.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom