• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I gorged on about 10 cookies tonight after cooking a very healthy dinner... I figure I better fess up here in hopes that being embarrassed again will keep me from doing it again... smh

How COULD you?!

Don't feel bad, it's my last night in Canada tonight so I treated myself to a 10 oz. New York Strip (thank heavens I didn't have to order that in metric), vegetables, and rice. Oh yeah, had a beer too, while watching the Bruins/Capitols game.

Back home tomorrow, yeeehaa!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Last August, I was at 255. Currently at 220. The Doctor wants me down to 185. I'm 6' and 51 years old have not weighted 185 since High School. Have lost the weight through diet changes and exercise. Joined the group so I can stay motivated to keep losing.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Count me in... I need to lose about 50#. Have any of you done P90X that started out in terrible shape? Will it kill me? By terrible I mean wind wise.. I have good strength.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm about to go out of town until Saturday and have no idea what the meal options will be. So I figured, I'd have an official start Sunday. Not that I won't make good choices, but I'm at the whim of about 5 other women and no means of controlling it. I.E. I am not driving. Sunday makes a better weigh-in day for me anyway.

This is going to be so hard. I'm already nervous and I haven't even started.

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Anybody of moderate desire can DO P90X, it's just a question of can you do it all, at their tempo, and as prescribed. Many folks start it far short of ready to do an entire video, and you just do the best you can without permanent damage, and improve over time. Instead of x pullups unassisted, do x-y unassisted, then y assisted, etc. In Crossfit they call it "scaling" the workout, as in scaling it back to your ability. It's a lot better than sitting on the couch eating another bag of tater skins.
    HB

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Weighed in @ work today (work doing a get fit promotion), down 35 lbs.

Going to Little Nashville w/ wife (22 years today), hmmm could be bad weekend for fitness, but plan on being strong. Still need to lose 52 to break 200 lbs.

Dang, weighed 155 out of college.....hanging head in shame

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    I would but I've already lost about 40# over the last couple years. South Beach Diet worked for me. Giving up beer was the hardest. I still cheat (on my diet) once in a while & have some ice cream.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Count me in... I need to lose about 50#. Have any of you done P90X that started out in terrible shape? Will it kill me? By terrible I mean wind wise.. I have good strength.

I did, you will be really sore until around week 3.

I did 2 rounds of P90x back when it first came out and lost around 60 pounds.

Sadly, over the last several years I fell off the wagon and put it all back on.

I turn 44 tomorrow. I'm 5'7 and 295 pounds.

I start P90X on Monday... My motto for the next 90 days is getFITorDIE!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Get a scale ?? Hell, I need to loose some initial weight so the digital readout on ours doesn't scream "EEEEEEEE" at me ! LOL !!

I have to get this weight off. I've been sedentary for four years until I started working at a rather physical job about four months ago. Problem is my knees and back really slow me down.

I should wear my armored vest at work but the damn thing weighs 20 lbs its self. I just look like I'm wearing one now, hope that suffices as a deterrent for the BG's.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've been dieting for the first time in my life for the last six weeks. Down 10 in the first 3 weeks and have stalled. I'm not majorly over weight, but a far cry from where I was in my prime. I'd like to join to stay motivated and be accountable to others who I'm sure won't let me slide.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I am in folks. This sounds like a good idea. I had already started about a week ago.

When I started I weighed myself at 225. I want to get down to 180. So are the weigh ins on a certain day or is everyone just picking when they want to weigh in and then posting the results?

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I am in folks. This sounds like a good idea. I had already started about a week ago.

When I started I weighed myself at 225. I want to get down to 180. So are the weigh ins on a certain day or is everyone just picking when they want to weigh in and then posting the results?

I just figured try to weigh in about once a week.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I am in! I just started a progressive weight loss program for me. Week one was just to cut out empty calories (pop and snacks) week two is going to include moderate exercise.

Anyway, at 270lbs, I need to get losing!

I started this thread a week ago to get some interesting workout ideas if anyone wants to have a look, or further contribute!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...210053-fitness_ideas_so_i_dont_get_bored.html

Top Bottom