• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Wonder how many people will run out and buy em just cause they saw them on the show. I think you could piece that together for about 600 if you had a few extra parts laying around.

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    It seems like a really nice rifle, but for 1800 bucks it looks like it might be a little too rich for some people's blood. I think I'd rather build one to be similar to those, to be honest.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    It seems like a really nice rifle, but for 1800 bucks it looks like it might be a little too rich for some people's blood. I think I'd rather build one to be similar to those, to be honest.

:yesway:, like the idea behind it, with it being that light would be killer for target acquisition, but seems to be a lil high on price

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think you could build one damn close for less then 1/2 of the price.

Let 10,000 flowers bloom then.

Show me "just as good".:)

but for 1800 bucks it looks like it might be a little too rich for some people's blood.

How much are the ACRs, ARs, SCARs, MSARs, Noveskes and lions and tigers and bears? How much will the Bubbas pay for guns to hang the Brownells catalogue on?

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Subtracting a forward assist from any firearm always seems like a bad idea.

I wish my MSAR had a forward assist, for when the sling interferes with the charging handle. They used to have them.

For that kind of change, you think they'd give it a decent trigger...

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The AR-15 already had a forward assist before Big Army made Colt put a second forward assist on the weapon in order to assist in malfunctioning the weapon and adding weight. The removal of the second forward assist reduces weight and prevents malfunctioning the weapon.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Not a new idea at all, my rifle length AR weighs about the same and is 100% reliable and very accurate. I have about $600 in it using a Colt lightweight sport upper. Folks have been building dependable lightweight AR's for years, I fail to understand what is innovative about this or why Red Jacket felt they had to make it sound as if it was a new miracle gun. I have noticed however that everything they do "has never been done and very difficult" however...makes me laugh through most of the show.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The only people that claim the rifle doesn't need a forward assist are the ones that have never needed it.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    They don't come from the factory with all that crap hanging on them but even a new Colt Sporter weighs under 6 pounds with a detachable carrying handle (there's about 8 ounces), and anyone who wants to build their own can make the 5 pound weight if they want to. The Shootrite may be a great gun, I am just saying it isn't that difficult to duplicate for a lot less money and that it isn't anything new.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    They don't come from the factory with all that crap hanging on them but even a new Colt Sporter weighs under 6 pounds with a detachable carrying handle (there's about 8 ounces), and anyone who wants to build their own can make the 5 pound weight if they want to. The Shootrite may be a great gun, I am just saying it isn't that difficult to duplicate for a lot less money and that it isn't anything new.

Agree 100%.

My gun is around 6.1 lbs, and it doesnt have any of that dorky junk on it. ER Shaw Barrel... humm....

No thank you. :noway:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I think what is being lost here, is we are in the age of "Return to zero QD mounts"

I can make my gun 6 lbs, or 10 lbs, and switch up whatever I need for that day in minutes. Isnt that the whole point?

Why do you have to have a "heavy gun" or a "light gun", when your aimpoint, scope, flashlight, bipod, vfg, and sling are all QD?

I scratch my head and wonder at people sometimes......

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I get what ya mean its the nice part about the rifles as a whole everything can be mounted and taken off with ease and most of the time with no modification to the weapon.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I dont like flat tops as well. also when you ask most people to shoot with iron sights who have always used halo sights, they SUCK! not good. heres my new KISS rifle and I bet it will run right next to that overpriced "other" gun. I can pop off the scope and the light and Its very very light. it didnt cost near $1800 or $1900 either and its a colt

colt3002.jpg

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Nice rifle, simple but a little expensive for my taste. Where did I first see this rifle concept about 36 years ago? lol

Bushmaster (Carbon "15", 4.3 pounds-$925 retail) and CAA as a few examples, have been selling light weight carbon rifles for under a $1000 for years.

Just smart marketing by Red Jacket, with a well known firearms trainer and free advertising from their show. lol

Their not the first to be tempted and to try to capitalize on this opportunity. Orange County Choppers benefited from this strategy over the years, good and bad.

Old idea, call it something else with a new twist for double the cost with a boutique name. lol Nice blend of the original M16 specs (pencil barrel, no forward assist, etc.) with a little modern thrown in.

Maybe the original concept wasn't so bad. Things truly do go full circle. Just live long enough to see it happen. lol

I respect Red Jacket for their AK work more than anything. Cool show.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom