• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I just consumed this for breakfast. It was tender, juicy, succulent, DELICIOUS. Sisters and brothers forgive me. It was better than bacon. :bowdown: If you are doing keto/paleo/carnivore you NEED this in your life. This was my first pork belly but it won't be my last. Honestly, I might be done with bacon.

large_6401f7f0-21f5-42a8-9700-79b0ace07c73.png

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I just consumed this for breakfast. It was tender, juicy, succulent, DELICIOUS. Sisters and brothers forgive me. It was better than bacon. :bowdown: If you are doing keto/paleo/carnivore you NEED this in your life. This was my first pork belly but it won't be my last. Honestly, I might be done with bacon.

large_6401f7f0-21f5-42a8-9700-79b0ace07c73.png

Blasphemy!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, doing Orange Theory Fitness over the "winter" (late fall/winter) so I don't get sick running outside. It is entirely too "Becky" for some, but I just ignore the perkiness and like the workouts which I need. OTF is rowing machine, treadmill and weights/body weight exercises for 1 hour. The treadmills are solid and once you learn to adjust the foot straps on the rower (they are all set up for size 6 cat feet) the rower is just fine and a great workout. I need it at AT last month my bottom number was at 90. Family history I need to combat.

OTF on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. Wing Chun on Monday, Tuesday and Saturday non-drill days.

I hit yoga on Thursday or Saturday.

Glad I am running through the winter without getting sick. I can do weights and jumping jacks and jump rope and swim and hit the mook or the heavy bag, but nothing I do is as effective for me as running.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Garage gym is almost complete. Waiting on the bench to be delivered. Will be doing the Starting Strength system beginning today. At my age, strength is what I need most. Sure it's fun to do handstand push-ups and climb ropes and all, but the volume in CrossFit is a killer for an older guy like myself. I'm looking forward to focusing on squats, dead lifts and presses!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I can't wait to get out of this stupid walking boot and start running again. In the mean time I just sit eating :popcorn:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I’ve been trying to reign in the diet a little. Again. About to get on the treadmill. Life is too busy.

obly time for 2 miles so I went faster. 21:55 “fast” :(

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Garage gym is almost complete. Waiting on the bench to be delivered. Will be doing the Starting Strength system beginning today. At my age, strength is what I need most. Sure it's fun to do handstand push-ups and climb ropes and all, but the volume in CrossFit is a killer for an older guy like myself. I'm looking forward to focusing on squats, dead lifts and presses!

Same here. Started back to the gym for strength training but have to watch the amount of weight I build up to now that I am in my 60’s. I always went too heavy and ended up with a sore quadriceps tendon.

Squats, overhead press, dead lift, bench press, rows and pull-ups.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The only thing I do anymore is Jiu Jitsu 4-5 days a week. I used to CrossFit 5 days a week but now I will only do a WOD now and again. It's been a couple of years since I've lifted a barbell. I've lost a bit of strength overall but I'm still stronger than most of my training partners. However, my endurance has gone WAY up. My cardio has gone through the roof. Surprisingly, much better than CrossFit ever did for me. I think I'm in better shape now than when I was doing CrossFit. It's surprising how exhausting grappling another person is...best cardio I've ever seen.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The only thing I do anymore is Jiu Jitsu 4-5 days a week. I used to CrossFit 5 days a week but now I will only do a WOD now and again. It's been a couple of years since I've lifted a barbell. I've lost a bit of strength overall but I'm still stronger than most of my training partners. However, my endurance has gone WAY up. My cardio has gone through the roof. Surprisingly, much better than CrossFit ever did for me. I think I'm in better shape now than when I was doing CrossFit. It's surprising how exhausting grappling another person is...best cardio I've ever seen.

Depends on how and who you’re grappling I guess. Maybe the gender of the grapplee? Dunno.... * *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Same here. Started back to the gym for strength training but have to watch the amount of weight I build up to now that I am in my 60’s. I always went too heavy and ended up with a sore quadriceps tendon.

Squats, overhead press, dead lift, bench press, rows and pull-ups.

Sounds very similar to me. I'll be 59 next month. I'll add in pull-ups and cleans, rows as I get closer to plateauing on the basic movements.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    OTF at 6:45AM. Mainly rowing and body weight exercises, very little treadmill.

Went to office, got ready for Monday and then came back to the armory of SFM to load 600 rounds of .38 and then did Wing Chun workout. 30 minutes, all on the mook.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have really slacked off. A lot. So last night after the kids went to bed, I went out into the garage and did a 5K on the rowing machine, followed by a 2K on the BikeErg.

That killed me.

I’m hoping to do more tonight. I’d like to really get back into it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

BJJ cardio is no joke.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    FYI, indoor cycling is much more difficult than outdoor cycling.

Yes, it is. FWIW, you might try not to kill yourself the first day back at it. It makes it harder to get back on the second and third. And fourth.:)

After I get a couple months of strict strength training under my belt, I'm going to consider buying a rower. I like those for the cardio, total body workout and the fact that you can enter online rowing competitions!

Top Bottom