• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    Well here is my story. Soon to be 34 years old. I work in a semi active field but also requires a lot of time in a work van. Kids activities take up most of my free time. Current weight is 438 at 6 ft tall. I have no problems getting around at all. Climb ladders daily with work. Started a 1500-2000 calorie daily diet last week. Hard to fit time in after work for gym, so I am planning on going before work starting this week. I have a rather large sweet tooth. That is going to be the hardest part. I have cut out pop as well. Wish me luck!
    Im down 43 lbs since mid January!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I did an interesting one on Sunday (during the rain) that INGO may find interesting.

We had 3 exercises, 30 seconds each, 25 times for each rotation or 75 distinct exercises:

1. Bag Burpees (do burpee on MT bag, then jump over it)

2. Battle Ropes (I just did the double wave, but other guys did different stuff)

3. Bag Crawl Out (do crawl out on another MT bag)

It nearly killed me as the intensity is off the charts. Oh, and I only had seude leather work gloves in my gym bag and I slid off the bag doing crawl outs and gave my elbow a big boo boo bunny. Still don't have all my right side grip strength.

Today we did something similar but it was 1) jump rope, 2) hit heavy bag, 3) get up drill.

I should sleep well again tonight.:D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I did an interesting one on Sunday (during the rain) that INGO may find interesting.

We had 3 exercises, 30 seconds each, 25 times for each rotation or 75 distinct exercises:

1. Bag Burpees (do burpee on MT bag, then jump over it)

2. Battle Ropes (I just did the double wave, but other guys did different stuff)

3. Bag Crawl Out (do crawl out on another MT bag)

It nearly killed me as the intensity is off the charts. Oh, and I only had seude leather work gloves in my gym bag and I slid off the bag doing crawl outs and gave my elbow a big boo boo bunny. Still don't have all my right side grip strength.

Today we did something similar but it was 1) jump rope, 2) hit heavy bag, 3) get up drill.

I should sleep well again tonight.:D

MT bag? :scratch:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Longue, maigre sac.:D

Muay Thai bag.

muaythaibag.jpg

pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    Are you doing it through better eating, an exercise program? Both?

That type of progress has got to be encouraging.

Mainly dieting. I am below 1500 calories a day. My stamina was a major deterrent to go to to the gym. Weather permitting I go for walks. Now I am in the gym every or every other day!

pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    Once I get to 350 I am going to start cross fit. Right now I do 20 mins cardio then specific area weightlifting every trip to the gym. Bought some equipment last weekend. We can do everything but legs at my brothers barn now!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Mainly dieting. I am below 1500 calories a day. My stamina was a major deterrent to go to to the gym. Weather permitting I go for walks. Now I am in the gym every or every other day!

Below 1500 you need to take vitamins and you can also eat more if you work out and still lose weight.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My daily allowance of calories on my fitness pal is 2630, and I'm losing 2-3 lbs per week, sometimes more, depending on my activity level. I eat at least 2600 everyday, sometimes way over that, but I'm offsetting those calories with a LOT of physical conditioning. I I rarely feel like I'm not eating enough. 1500 per day sounds brutal!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Below 1500 you need to take vitamins and you can also eat more if you work out and still lose weight.

I would agree. You can get away with low calories now while you still have a lot of reserves stored up, but as you continue to lose and increase training you will have to ramp up your calorie intake or your energy level will drop off a cliff.

It's not all about the number of calories, but the type of calories too.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I would agree. You can get away with low calories now while you still have a lot of reserves stored up, but as you continue to lose and increase training you will have to ramp up your calorie intake or your energy level will drop off a cliff.

It's not all about the number of calories, but the type of calories too.

I'n not sure the body stores vitamins like it does energy. Seems to me like you'd need the vitamins right from the start of a really low caloriee diet. But I am not a HCP.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Finally got back to running. Took a dog with me and his pace was much faster so I didn't go as long as usual. Gonna take a while to get back to a different shape :):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm starting a new dumbbell weight training program tonight. 10 exercises designed for a full body workout. 3x a week over the next 10 months.

Top Bottom