• FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Good luck with the race!

i'm still crossfitting, loving it but I get beaten down every day it seems
    Thanks! I've been doing Crossfit 4-5 days a week as my normal regimen, and I'm planning on leaning on some of their Endurance programming as I get closer to the race. I know exactly what you mean about getting beaten down. I've been in it for almost a year and a half and still feel out of shape on some days!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm already passed doing 50 in a row.
    This year I started doing more weighted pushups and pullups.

I'm now trying to add more weight each week.

I also don't know if 4 weeks is enough time to see any change.That's a short amount of time when it comes to fitness. :dunno:

Added 5 pounds to my pack.
    For some reasons it's harder to do pull ups now. :): :faint:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    More physical therapy on the repaired knee today. 2 months out of surgery now. Methodist Sports Med has been working me hard every week (+ my own workouts). It's like having a private trainer... paid for by insurance. I was sore for days after last week. Probably going to be sore for days this week too. It feels great!:whip:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I did say stability muscles.....Push ups and sit ups would be for "core" muscles when talking in running lingo. I'm talking hip flexors, tibialis, etc... Strengthen the muscles around your hips, knees, and ankles, and you won't have issues after switching to snow or trails.

Not necessarily, I do 100 push ups an 70 sit-ups a day (minus my off days). I think the issue was more the lack of traction and my foot slipping on the snow/ice during my run, thus causing me to changing running form to account for that. If you change running form (i dont care who you are), you utilize different muscles which normally wouldn't have been activated (which can happen from just changing pair of shoes) and put strain on tendons that shouldnt be strained that way. Its a completely different feeling then how I felt after trail running.

So most likely it was me changing from a neutral running to doing more heal strikes (to prevent from falling) thus causing an injuring to my tendon.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I hit a 295lbs on my deadlift last night. My bench Press on Sunday was a little better, but not great. Too embarrassed my max on that yet.

I weighed myself this morning, 160lbs. That Whole30 diet actually DOES work.... I feel great, haven't had any bread or cheese and sugar for almost a month now. 1 more week, and I'm having a large cheeseburger :)

I have ate SO many sweet potatoes lately, but damn are they good.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Doctor said I had a stress fracture :( ..... Guess that means no more running for a while and that my marathon plans for April are shot. Bummed beyond words right now, such a deflating feeling. Doc said I don't need a boot so at least that's good, just have to take it easy.

Guess its time to pull out the bike and trainer for some cross training while I heal up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did a deadlift set as part of the workout today. I have no idea how much I can deadlift but I did 225 on the last one. I could have done more. Maybe next time I'll try for a max. It sure felt good...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    poids07a.gif

3000 ... 3001 ... 3002 ... :alright:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Got my first bar muscle-up last night, pretty stoked about that. Next up, ring muscle-ups. Also looking forward to a nice 5 mile trail run Saturday morning in Bluffton.

Any of you runners use a GPS watch to track mile splits and pace? Any recommendations or things to look for/avoid? Thinking of picking one up to help with my half-marathon training this year.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yesterday was the last day of being on the Whole30 diet. I'm at 155lbs now. When I started, I was 165lbs. I wasn't even trying to lose anymore weight, just wanted to eat clean, with no sugar.

I'm still working on deadlifting 300 lbs. I WILL reach that number.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Yesterday was the last day of being on the Whole30 diet. I'm at 155lbs now. When I started, I was 165lbs. I wasn't even trying to lose anymore weight, just wanted to eat clean, with no sugar.

I'm still working on deadlifting 300 lbs. I WILL reach that number.

2x body weight deadlift is nothing to sneeze at, just make sure you have good form. I let my form break down on Monday on heavyish deadlifts for me...my lower back muscles are not happy with me right now.

Top Bottom