• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    How about using the Eagle Creek range. I got a quote for a full day from Steve about a month ago and it seemed reasonable. Using esrice's place would be awesome but we need to figure out the insurance side of things. If anyone has info on that aspect please post here. Thanks!

huskerbuttons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I am interested in the classes. Being a Paramedic I am willing to provide on site medical response if it will reduce the liability.

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    Very cool. Would you be willing to instuct for a portion on the basics of saving lives as well. That would make for some great training!

I am interested in the classes. Being a Paramedic I am willing to provide on site medical response if it will reduce the liability.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    There is an old saying in teaching martial arts:

"The surest way to teach someone nothing is to try to teach them everything."

My recommendation is to keep this class as focused as possible dealing with a single subject. My opinion is that a hybrid pistol/rifle/med class all crammed into one day is going to leave the students with little knowledge that they actually "own" when they go home after class. A one day pistol class running about 8 hours and shooting around 400 or 500 rounds would be suitable for first-time students and more experienced shooters will still be able to get a lot out of it. 6 students max for one instructor or 12 for 2.

As far as liability goes, the land owner should have an insurance policy and the instructor should carry at least a $1M policy as well. I have $2M but I also teach for a rather large training company so it goes with the job.

Waivers are sorta silly because you cannot waive your right to sue. We use "an acknowledgment of dangerous activity" form which states that you are going to participate in something that could lead to your injury or death. That way every person is aware of the potential consequences of a day on the range. Those who have trained with us no doubt know what I'm talking about.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    Wow guys! I'm new to this forum but sure glad GT pointed me this way. This sounds like a really fun idea. Depending on cost and timing I'd like to attend this also. I've been shooting IDPA around the Michigan City area for a couple years now and I'm an IDPA Safety Officer, this don't really mean much but that I've been trained to be RO at the matches.
    Just a word of caution, keep an eye on the quantity of people because this could easily get overly large.

hkhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Sounds like a great option would be to rent ECPR for a day and hire Shay to teach.

What is your fee for a 1 day class Shay?

Anyone know what it costs to rent Eagle Creek for a day?

There is an old saying in teaching martial arts:

"The surest way to teach someone nothing is to try to teach them everything."

My recommendation is to keep this class as focused as possible dealing with a single subject. My opinion is that a hybrid pistol/rifle/med class all crammed into one day is going to leave the students with little knowledge that they actually "own" when they go home after class. A one day pistol class running about 8 hours and shooting around 400 or 500 rounds would be suitable for first-time students and more experienced shooters will still be able to get a lot out of it. 6 students max for one instructor or 12 for 2.

As far as liability goes, the land owner should have an insurance policy and the instructor should carry at least a $1M policy as well. I have $2M but I also teach for a rather large training company so it goes with the job.

Waivers are sorta silly because you cannot waive your right to sue. We use "an acknowledgment of dangerous activity" form which states that you are going to participate in something that could lead to your injury or death. That way every person is aware of the potential consequences of a day on the range. Those who have trained with us no doubt know what I'm talking about.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I've been working on refining my pistol, rifle and pistol/rifle classes. i would be glad to teach or all. i would be most comfortable if Rhino would agree to assist. i'm also NRA certified for pistol, so could teach a beginner/remedial class.

if a consensus of topics of interest could be reached, i believe Rhino and i could custom tailor a one or two day event.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i guess i should have read more of the posts prior to replying.

shay is right on as to the liabilities involved. i carry 2 mil myself. as an instructor, you seem to be responsible for your students forever. sad, but true.

having husker button there would be a good thing.

might i suggest 4 hour blocks. plenty of time to get some things accomplished, but would allow for multiple classes.

shay, for whom do you teach? i would be glad to assist you for the forum day.

as for cost, as i would be working some kinks out of my new classes, (at school myself, in other words), i would be willing to take only expenses (travel, ammo, training materials etc.)

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Our first INGO Training Day (in hopefully a series of training days) will be Saturday June 14th at the Eagle Creek Park Pistol Range in Indianapolis. This will be a pistol class and very affordable.

If you are interested in some great training please mark Saturday June 14 in Indianapolis on your Calendar! I will be posting all the details in a new thread soon!

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Our first INGO Training Day (in hopefully a series of training days) will be Saturday June 14th at the Eagle Creek Park Pistol Range in Indianapolis. This will be a pistol class and very affordable.

If you are interested in some great training please mark Saturday June 14 in Indianapolis on your Calendar! I will be posting all the details in a new thread soon!

Thank you Sir, that sounds like it's going to be a great time! :thumbsup:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    A few more details here and I will be posting a course description and instructor bio soon. Not trying to be secretive just want to get everything all set before I make a sticky post. This will be quality training!

There are 6 spots available. The cost will be $125 for the day and that includes range fees! I think round count will be about 400-500

1. Fenway
    2. TomN

Top Bottom