• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The new server is great. The hardware and software is performing as it should. Obviously there is a problem, and it lies with the provider. They have been experiencing a DDoS attack (Distributed Denial of Service) which is basically a huge number of pings maliciously directed at a site on their network. This is bringing their hosting to a crawl at best and is affecting INGO. This is analogous to buying a new jumbo jet to transport all your customers, hiring a great pilot, filling up on premium jet fuel only to be delayed on the runway due to a glitch with the Air Traffic Controllers.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So we don't have our own server on our own service?

We are on a dedicated server, and a pretty gosh-darn fast one at that. Performance since the move has already proven that. However, the provider who hosts our server also hosts web servers for many other clients. One of those clients appears to be suffering from a distributed denial of service attack and we're collateral damage. The details are sketchy right now.

The service provider is working on the problem, but there's not a lot we can do about it at the moment.

This is analogous to buying a new jumbo jet to transport all your customers, hiring a great pilot, filling up on premium jet fuel only to be delayed on the runway due to a glitch with the Air Traffic Controllers.

A better analogy is that, just as we're taxiing to the runway, eighty other airports start sending hundreds of planes to our airport, completely monopolizing the runway we're trying to use.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    What is with teh server today? Has Anthony been doing updates or what? Keeps going in and out all day.

Yep, I had it too......took about 17 tries to get onboard today. Thought maybe it was my ISP..... cause we've been 'round that block before.

Had 4 PM's when I 'connected', and I never have any PM's! I know it ain't my sudden charming self.

They'll "git 'er done" peeps. Remember, the internet is the modern Murphy's Law....... :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We are on a dedicated server, and a pretty gosh-darn fast one at that. Performance since the move has already proven that. However, the provider who hosts our server also hosts web servers for many other clients. One of those clients appears to be suffering from a distributed denial of service attack and we're collateral damage. The details are sketchy right now.

The service provider is working on the problem, but there's not a lot we can do about it at the moment.

A better analogy is that, just as we're taxiing to the runway, eighty other airports start sending hundreds of planes to our airport, completely monopolizing the runway we're trying to use.

Dang, Mr. [STRIKE]Lamarr[/STRIKE] Scutter,
    saddles.png

:lmfao:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom