• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's what you call a "shaggy dog story." I learned that on the last Mike Rowe podcast.
    FIFY. (Mike's awesome, but wrong.)

Told the barnyard band story to my kids and they loved it. Thanks.

Of course as a dad, who came from a master of Shaggy Dogs, I had to draw it out even more. LOL

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    FIFY. (Mike's awesome, but wrong.)

Told the barnyard band story to my kids and they loved it. Thanks.

Of course as a dad, who came from a master of Shaggy Dogs, I had to draw it out even more. LOL
    Oops. My bad. It was a really long week. Yes, shaggy dog story.

And as I told my kids, I had the chicken crossing several roads......and nothing happened!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So this one is great at pool parties, or anywhere you do not care if you get wet or make a mess. (or happen to have a change of clothes) Its more of a sight gag than joke, and you will end up paying a price for the laughs. But in the right context it is TOTALLY worth it. So here is a description of how to tell the joke.

So this guy is chasing rainbows. And he FINALLY finds the end of one after YEARS AND YEARS of searching. Sure enough, there is a pot of gold.

Just as he approaches the pot of gold to grab it, it disappears, and a leprechaun takes its place.

Welcome! You have found the treasure, but it is not what you think it is!

The man says OK, so what is it?

The leprechaun says “It is this bottomless cup! (Flourish the full cup in your hands that contains preferably water) Fill it with whatever drink your heart desires, and it will never empty no matter how much you drink from it. Whether it is whiskey, water, wine, whatever. You will have this limitless drink to the end of your days. “

The man says “That is great, but what's the catch? I know there is ALWAYS a catch. You leprechauns are crafty that way.”

The leprechaun says “Ah… very good! You are a smart lad. There is indeed a catch. You must ALWAYS drink from THIS side of the cup (you point, IN A GRAND GESTURE to the lip of the full cup in your hand closest to you, above your thumb). And only THIS side of the cup.” (insert a long story here if you wish about why. The longer the better to string them along)"

"NEVER, EVER, EVER drink from THIS side of the cup." (and point to the side of the cup away from you, above your fingers.)

Look intensely at your mark/audience and say (continuing in your best leprechaun voice) “but do you know what happens if you were to drink from THIS (you point to the side of the cup above your fingers, on the far side) side of the magic cup?!?!"

Place that far side of the cup against your lips (chin inside the cup) and tip the cup up, pouring the entire contents of your cup down the front of your body. “YOU. GET. WET!” (cue laughter)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A guy walks up the grocery cashier after work on a Friday afternoon. On the belt he places:

1 orange
    1 single pint of beer
    1 single serve tv dinner
    1 small yogurt
    1 small bag of potato chips
    1 1 liter pop
    1 pint of ice cream

The cashier starts ringing him up and says "You're single, arent you?"

The man replies with some surprise "Why yes, I am. Can you really tell that much about me by what I'm buying and when?"

The cashier replies "No. Its because you're ugly. "

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    A guy walks up the grocery cashier after work on a Friday afternoon. On the belt he places:

1 orange
    1 single pint of beer
    1 single serve tv dinner
    1 small yogurt
    1 1 liter pop
    1 pint of ice cream

The man replies with some surprise "Why yes, I am. Can you really tell that much about me by what I'm buying and when?"

You know, that actually happened to me Friday night at Kroger - NOT FUNNY!!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

1 orange
    1 single pint of beer
    1 single serve tv dinner
    1 small yogurt
    1 1 liter pop
    1 pint of ice cream

I dunno. There's someone for everyone.

Top Bottom