• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Always.

So how many people have been killed by a Taser? I along with thousands of other officers that have been tased suffered no ill effects. I think you need to read up on the actual causes of death before you make a statement that the Taser was the primary cause.

How many?
    A couple hundreds around the world ... so far.
    I agree maybe it wasnt always the Taser's fault it was sometimes the officer's fault when the suspect was tased multiple times by a couple of tasers. :dunno:
    Even if in a few cases the Taser was not the "primary" cause of the death im sure that being the secondary cause didnt change much for the person who got killed.

I read a couple of studies.One made by the canadian departement of justice.They studied a bunch of tasers used by the canadian police and some of them had a dangerous voltage, some had just a voltage too low to do anything to the suspect and some just didnt work.

That's why they call it a "less than lethal" weapon and not a "non lethal".
    You have less chances of being killed but not zero chance.

I bet you have been tased ONCE by a working taser in a controlled environemnt.
    Not tased mutliple times for a couple of minutes in a stressful situation.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think a good number of the taser related deaths have been cases of pre-existing conditions that were aggravated by the taser.

or thats what the coroner WANTS you to think. lol

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I carry a taser daily on duty and have used it on people. I confirm Frank's statement that it is not a build up of energy. I'd like to see the make and model of the one used in the video as well. If anyone has had experience pulling probes from an actual taser out of someone that has been shot with it, they know how hard they are to pull out, even through a sweat shirt, and they wouldnt just come out being brushed like in the video.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My offer still stands if any officer(in a safe and controlled environment) will tase me, so we can video tape it and put it on here for ****s and giggles. The officer with the taser can remain nameless if he(or she) would like.

I'd just like to try it without having to go to jail afterwards.:):

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Oh, and he has to get hit with a police taser, not a civilian one.

I was under the impression that the only real difference between the two was duration of shock, with the civilian models having a longer shock cycle.

From what I can see, it appears only the 2nd probe he pulled out had good contact. Looks like the first probe he pulled made contact near his backside where clothing is going to be multiple layers thick.

I bet he wouldn’t be standing if he took a taser to the chest, wearing only a t-shirt. Either way, you have bigger nutz then I do.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Oooops, sorry, I didnt realize you were a cop and knew everything already. Please ignore my past, present and future posts.

I don't know everything, but I know about how the Taser functions and what effects it is supposed to have on the human body. I'm sorry I didn't realize that you presented a flawed demonstration of how a Taser supposedly works and I shouldn't have commented on how it was flawed because I obviously know nothing about it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    When and where.

Bull****, I already called dibs.

I don't know everything, but I know about how the Taser functions and what effects it is supposed to have on the human body. I'm sorry I didn't realize that you presented a flawed demonstration of how a Taser supposedly works and I shouldn't have commented on how it was flawed because I obviously know nothing about it.

I call bull**** again.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It would be nice to be able to do a demonstration of the Taser for "educational" purposes. I know someone I can ask, but I can't promise anything.

You know how one can tell Frank_N_Stein is lying? His posts keep popping up on INGO.

I'm still willing and I'll be willing to pay for the cartridge provided it isn't ridiculously expensive. Maybe line a few up and have everyone get hit at once? I want the full effect though, probes and all.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    I'm still willing and I'll be willing to pay for the cartridge provided it isn't ridiculously expensive. Maybe line a few up and have everyone get hit at once? I want the full effect though, probes and all.

Last I checked $30-40 per cartridge.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It would be nice to be able to do a demonstration of the Taser for "educational" purposes. I know someone I can ask, but I can't promise anything.

You know how one can tell Frank_N_Stein is lying? His posts keep popping up on INGO.

1. That would be awesome...I have a pending gun trade in Indy sometime in the near future and I could kill 3 birds with one stone(I've also been meaning to go hang out with a few friends)

2. No argument here.:D

Little girl, you have to get permission from your mommy first.

First off, I'm really big for my age and second, I could easily sneak out without her knowing.

Top Bottom