• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1st......Yes we Police the classies as best we can. Anybody think they could do better send me a PM. If you folks dealt with the petulant children we have to when they do not follow the rules you would swear you are a KINDERGARTEN TEACHER AND YES YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. GROW UP.

2nd....These time bring out the snakes. Just know it. Trust that I am making a list. If you are on it no direct actions will be forthcoming. Just know you will get No Breaks in future. None.

3rd....Then classies did not start out to service the flippers. Yet so many use it as a store front. And PULEEESE do not tell me you are just selling off a few when questioned. We look at post history. Infractions. Old ads you have failed to close. Site Supporter. All of it. We have been draining that swamp since the 1st of the year hence all the new site supporter banners. The classies is for active posting members or site supporters period. If you are just moving product and are not a posting active member then pony up for the banner or just go away. Your time him is short. Flippers beware.

Now, lets all just play nice. OK. Mouse is a bit edgy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've sold a few guns here. Most have sold very quickly which leads me to believe I wasn't asking enough for them but it also says there's a market for decent deals here. There just aren't a lot of decent deals. The only "bad" experience I've had was a guy who got wonky about my requirement to see an IN DL and LTCH. He said he wanted a gun "with no paper trail" to him. What! Planning a murder or something? Of course, no sale.

I pay more attention to the WTB section. However, some of the ads indicate the WTBuyer wants to pay $200 for your $500 item in the hope that you are broke and desperate.

So you equate someone that believes the government has no business knowing their business with a murderer? Seeing DL to prove residency is reasonable, seeing a LTCH is reasonable proof of proper person but not required, paper is not required at all...

Some folks just never can see the needs of other folks. There is nothing wrong with an ad offering $200 for what you value at $500, that buyer might just be sitting at the ready with cash for a guy that needs cash fast for an emergency that $200 in the hand is more valuable than the $500 in the bush he might get after a few weeks on iNGO...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you equate someone that believes the government has no business knowing their business with a murderer? Seeing DL to prove residency is reasonable, seeing a LTCH is reasonable proof of proper person but not required, paper is not required at all...

Some folks just never can see the needs of other folks. There is nothing wrong with an ad offering $200 for what you value at $500, that buyer might just be sitting at the ready with cash for a guy that needs cash fast for an emergency that $200 in the hand is more valuable than the $500 in the bush he might get after a few weeks on iNGO...

OK. You have not done much with these people right. The3se guys are lurking. Snatch yours up at $200 and it pops up on Gunbroker the day they get it for $600. Seen it all too many times.

We have a couple of members that bought guns very recently off the classies and just put them back up for $100 over what they paid. That is not what the original intent for that sub-forum was. And it actually still is not. So stow your economics lectures OK. That crap is for A-list and G-Broker.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    1st......Yes we Police the classies as best we can. Anybody think they could do better send me a PM. If you folks dealt with the petulant children we have to when they do not follow the rules you would swear you are a KINDERGARTEN TEACHER AND YES YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. GROW UP.

2nd....These time bring out the snakes. Just know it. Trust that I am making a list. If you are on it no direct actions will be forthcoming. Just know you will get No Breaks in future. None.

3rd....Then classies did not start out to service the flippers. Yet so many use it as a store front. And PULEEESE do not tell me you are just selling off a few when questioned. We look at post history. Infractions. Old ads you have failed to close. Site Supporter. All of it. We have been draining that swamp since the 1st of the year hence all the new site supporter banners. The classies is for active posting members or site supporters period. If you are just moving product and are not a posting active member then pony up for the banner or just go away. Your time him is short. Flippers beware.

Now, lets all just play nice. OK. Mouse is a bit edgy.

Excuse me sir do you have a minute to talk about the classified section?
    VUMye3y.gif

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I totally disagree with the OP. I have bought & sold many guns in the classified over the years. I have mostly found sellers and buyers to be reasonable. There have been the occasional person who is way to proud of their gun and I have certainly had the occasional low-baller. But I just say no thanks and move on.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Add this to the mandatory pictures rule, which is in itself a joke, and I just don't even bother listing things here.
    I still peruse the ads for a deal now and then, but I don't post anything for sale.

I don't consider it a joke to be able to see what you are buying especially on used items which makes up the majority of guns sold here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ingo classifieds are something of a joke in my opinion.
    Yes, there are deals to be found, if you are lucky, and quick on the response.
    On the other hand, the vast majority of offerings are entirely out of line with reality.

Add this to the mandatory pictures rule, which is in itself a joke, and I just don't even bother listing things here.
    I still peruse the ads for a deal now and then, but I don't post anything for sale.

Ten or twelve years ago it was a great place to find smoking deals.
    Now it's more of a place to foster frustration.

Man I like you too much to lite you up about the pics rule.
    It is there because of issues we had (me being one of the members that experienced this)Of low lifes advertising pieces that were not as they existed in the real. I drove 90 minutes one way to buy a rifle that was nothing and I mean nothing including manf. as to what it was described as being. So now we have a rule that you either put up a "Clear" pic of what you are selling or do not advertise here. So what about this is a joke.

People, just stop looking or posting OK. Like I stated, you guys belly up to my laptop and even try to do this and then let me know how you feel.

I said upthread the original intentions behind the classies was for like minded folks that had an idea who you were to do some trading. But with the advent of the snowflakes and all about me crowd we have been over ran with flipper and carpet baggers.

There is steam. Not sure where it is coming from but I think out of my ears.

You guys give some good ideas on what we can do or just stop *****ing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It is there because of issues we had (me being one of the members that experienced this)Of low lifes advertising pieces that were not as they existed in the real. I drove 90 minutes one way to buy a rifle that was nothing and I mean nothing including manf. as to what it was described as being. So now we have a rule that you either put up a "Clear" pic of what you are selling or do not advertise here. So what about this is a joke.

People, just stop looking or posting OK. Like I stated, you guys belly up to my laptop and even try to do this and then let me know how you feel.

I said upthread the original intentions behind the classies was for like minded folks that had an idea who you were to do some trading. But with the advent of the snowflakes and all about me crowd we have been over ran with flipper and carpet baggers.

My opinion? Raise the required post count to something substantially higher. Like, 500 minimum. Then maybe people will participate and learn why the rules that are in place are there. It seems every month there’s a new post from someone none of us have spoken to with under 150 posts ranting about the classifieds. Then again I’ve never used the classifieds so I might be a little bias lol

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Can you put a “delete timer” on a sales post and set it to some relationship with the poster’s post count? Lots of posts - it stays up for weeks or months or until the poster deletes it, few posts - hours or days? Just an idea.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't understand stand this. If it's not what you want to pay move along. Also some firearms I've seen in there are not stock anymore and thus some have higher prices to reflect the extras that were put into the firearm. Some are probably higher than should be however you're not paying taxes and transfer fees so that's a bonus as well.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't consider it a joke to be able to see what you are buying especially on used items which makes up the majority of guns sold here.

I don't either.
    You misunderstood my post.
    My beef is not so much with the pics per se, as much as the subversion of the rules.

I watch the classifieds quite a bit, although I don't post in there.
    Too many times I see stock pictures from whatever site, and the comment, "...mine looks just like this."

If you are not going to post a picture of the actual item being offered, then what's the sense?
    Sure, an actual depiction would be great, but too many just post pics of the box, or such a small pic that it can't be seen.
    I've even seen links to a GunBroker auction and the description reads, "not mine, but it's the same thing."

No, I don't have a problem with pictures. I have a problem with people.
    The more I see of some people, the more I like my dogs.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Thanks CM,
    You seem like a pretty good mouse.
    I'm not at all out to change things, or even make waves.
    I'm not complaining about the rules, just stating my opinions of them, and of the abuse they get.

I would NOT want your job here.
    There simply aren't enough cheeseburgers in the world...

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    My opinion? Raise the required post count to something substantially higher. Like, 500 minimum. Then maybe people will participate and learn why the rules that are in place are there. It seems every month there’s a new post from someone none of us have spoken to with under 150 posts ranting about the classifieds. Then again I’ve never used the classifieds so I might be a little bias lol

:yesway::yesway: Yes two thumbs up great idea.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I wish there were a way to only make the classifieds viewable to established members. Or have them password protected and you only get the password after xxx posts?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

There are regular posters with high numbers that are so full of.... Post count is irrelevant.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I really hate to haggle, but if I don't like someone's price, I may make an offer of about 10% off. Any more than that is an insult. If they say 'firm', I respect that and either buy it or keep on moving. I do hate it when a seller says 'firm' and then sells it for less.

What I like is when they say, "Last price drop or it goes back in the safe!" And then they lower the price and bump it 5 more times... :):

Top Bottom