• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There are regular posters with high numbers that are so full of.... Post count is irrelevant.
    No it’s not irrelevant. With whatever post count I have, I may be full of ****, or I may be a complete dick. Because of my post count, and the fact that I participate in the community, you have an idea who I am. If you think I’m an ass, don’t sell to me. That’s kind of the point.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1st......Yes we Police the classies as best we can. Anybody think they could do better send me a PM. If you folks dealt with the petulant children we have to when they do not follow the rules you would swear you are a KINDERGARTEN TEACHER AND YES YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. GROW UP.

2nd....These time bring out the snakes. Just know it. Trust that I am making a list. If you are on it no direct actions will be forthcoming. Just know you will get No Breaks in future. None.

3rd....Then classies did not start out to service the flippers. Yet so many use it as a store front. And PULEEESE do not tell me you are just selling off a few when questioned. We look at post history. Infractions. Old ads you have failed to close. Site Supporter. All of it. We have been draining that swamp since the 1st of the year hence all the new site supporter banners. The classies is for active posting members or site supporters period. If you are just moving product and are not a posting active member then pony up for the banner or just go away. Your time him is short. Flippers beware.

Now, lets all just play nice. OK. Mouse is a bit edgy.

Yeah... when your feedback count is higher than your post count, you may be here for the wrong reasons...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you equate someone that believes the government has no business knowing their business with a murderer? Seeing DL to prove residency is reasonable, seeing a LTCH is reasonable proof of proper person but not required, paper is not required at all...

Some folks just never can see the needs of other folks. There is nothing wrong with an ad offering $200 for what you value at $500, that buyer might just be sitting at the ready with cash for a guy that needs cash fast for an emergency that $200 in the hand is more valuable than the $500 in the bush he might get after a few weeks on iNGO...
    As a C&R license holder, I have to record name, address, DOB and DL # if I sell something that's logged in my log book. But I always let the buyer know in advance. I've only had one person balk at that. I just explain that it's Uncle Sam's rules and not mine and most folks understand. If I'm selling a non-C&R piece, nothing gets recorded.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yeah... when your feedback count is higher than your post count, you may be here for the wrong reasons...

I've bought from guys like that, and I still shoot with them. Posting for the sake of posting leads to "girls with guns megathreads" copy paste other people's YouTube videos with no personal knowledge of the topic, or just posting emoji chains.

Introverts shouldn't be punished. Low post count ppl with paid accounts do more for this site than most...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've bought from guys like that, and I still shoot with them. Posting for the sake of posting leads to "girls with guns megathreads" copy paste other people's YouTube videos with no personal knowledge of the topic, or just posting emoji chains.

Introverts shouldn't be punished. Low post count ppl with paid accounts do more for this site than most...

Well, as far as being introverts, they managed to come out of their shell to make it to 50 posts (or ponied up for Site Supporter status). I'm just saying that their primary purpose for belonging to the forum is to sell stuff. If they're not posting anywhere except the classifieds, then that makes it pretty obvious, Site Supporter or not. And that's fine as long as they're following the rules. I think they're missing out by not interacting with the members here, but that's just my opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK peoples consider this for a moment.

This site runs on dollars. Just the way it works.
    To generate revenue we have to keep the site moving forward. New members come and old ones wonder off. Again just the way it works.
    There are a few solid hooks to get people involved here. 1 is the Classifieds. That is net wide. So in that we have to make it so folks can come and play. Even with the 50 "Quality" post rule there are those who see that as a bad deal. But the solid people who stick around and get over that hurdle find that this is a pretty fair place to be a part of. Yup, we have our share of about every kind/manner of mind set and personality under the sun.

To make any real changes in the rules would take some thought and all things would have to be considered in this. Again, the goal is to build the site. Many others have faded to near non-existence. This one keeps rolling and I see the solid base of the membership as the reason.

Ingo has been good for me. The people I have met and friended have sent my learning curve vertical. Something new every day.

Troubled times. We need solid people to come out the back side.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I’ve bought and sold more guns and ammo off of friends from INGO than I ever have in the classifieds. We are friends because of INGO, the silly breakroom threads, or the CZ thread. That is what a community does. We mingle, we share stories, we interact online, offline and in person. We take the time to say good morning to each other, say goodnight, ask about sick family members, because we care for one another. It’s what a community does. It’s never really about post count.

We have introverted people in these threads. I can say this because I know them personally. They don’t post much outside of their groups. Some people are just here to buy and sell.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    1st......Yes we Police the classies as best we can. Anybody think they could do better send me a PM. If you folks dealt with the petulant children we have to when they do not follow the rules you would swear you are a KINDERGARTEN TEACHER AND YES YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. GROW UP.

2nd....These time bring out the snakes. Just know it. Trust that I am making a list. If you are on it no direct actions will be forthcoming. Just know you will get No Breaks in future. None.

3rd....Then classies did not start out to service the flippers. Yet so many use it as a store front. And PULEEESE do not tell me you are just selling off a few when questioned. We look at post history. Infractions. Old ads you have failed to close. Site Supporter. All of it. We have been draining that swamp since the 1st of the year hence all the new site supporter banners. The classies is for active posting members or site supporters period. If you are just moving product and are not a posting active member then pony up for the banner or just go away. Your time him is short. Flippers beware.

Now, lets all just play nice. OK. Mouse is a bit edgy.

Dang CM, I am gonna get the misses to start putting Premarin in your OJ in the morning...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Brother you just lost points on your man card. :nailbite:
    So people having some fun with people that they actually know out in the real world is a bad thing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    One thing this site doesn't need is "clicks", you remember them from high school right? You had the jocks, stoners, nerds, pets, nobody's, etc. When I first joined there was a HUGE click called the "I'm a SITE SUPPORTER and you suck" click. This was many moons ago and it revolved around those the worshipped he who owned the site. Several of them openly stated their disgust and lack of use for anybody that didn't meet their approval and have the required "Site Supporter" under their names.

That's the kind of CRAP that the mods are trying to prevent from happening again. If you don't want to post a pic with your ad or list it as WTT or WTS or WTHR or want to ***** about 50 quality posts or whine because "Gun Broker doesn't do it this way" then GTFO but do it with an epic "I'm leaving INGO because" post, we haven't had a good one of those in quite awhile. Besides it'll give us all an opportunity to point at you and laugh.:laugh:

I await my time out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One thing this site doesn't need is "clicks", you remember them from high school right? You had the jocks, stoners, nerds, pets, nobody's, etc. When I first joined there was a HUGE click called the "I'm a SITE SUPPORTER and you suck" click. This was many moons ago and it revolved around those the worshipped he who owned the site. Several of them openly stated their disgust and lack of use for anybody that didn't meet their approval and have the required "Site Supporter" under their names.

That's the kind of CRAP that the mods are trying to prevent from happening again. If you don't want to post a pic with your ad or list it as WTT or WTS or WTHR or want to ***** about 50 quality posts or whine because "Gun Broker doesn't do it this way" then GTFO but do it with an epic "I'm leaving INGO because" post, we haven't had a good one of those in quite awhile. Besides it'll give us all an opportunity to point at you and laugh.:laugh:

I await my time out.

I owe you a beer......or 5.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I totally disagree with the OP. I have bought & sold many guns in the classified over the years. I have mostly found sellers and buyers to be reasonable. There have been the occasional person who is way to proud of their gun and I have certainly had the occasional low-baller. But I just say no thanks and move on.

^^^^ This gent understands.

I'm concerned with the relatively new, relatively low post count, OP's use of their own made up term "Ingonomics 101" :dunno:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I don't post much myself (tend to go in spurts), but when I see a 50 poster/site supporter, I'll just cruise on by. For the most part the established folks here are easy to feel safe or secure about dealing with. The 50 p/ss make me feel like back alley deals. You just have no way of gauging what you're dealing with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't post much myself (tend to go in spurts), but when I see a 50 poster/site supporter, I'll just cruise on by. For the most part the established folks here are easy to feel safe or secure about dealing with. The 50 p/ss make me feel like back alley deals. You just have no way of gauging what you're dealing with.

And this is the reasoning behind the rule.
    KJ said it best up thread. I buy/sell more than anyone knows just from knowing people here and that circle expands outside the confines of the site when I network it.
    I have posted up several since the 1st of the year and all have sold. Granted I doo not get the really silly offers mentioned in the OP probably due to me being staff. But when CKW posts one of hers up (My darling spouse) the idiots come out of the woodwork,. A couple tried to bully her as she was a female. Grown a$$ men. That is just sad people. And you dip noodles know who you are. Shame on you.

Yes I backed her up but why should I have to. Has there been a decline in honor for the sake of a buck. Shame.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This!

you and I have never met, but I recognize your name. You’ve been here longer than I have and I can look up your history on here and get a feel for who you are, and vice versa. This is our advantage over Armslist.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This!

you and I have never met, but I recognize your name. You’ve been here longer than I have and I can look up your history on here and get a feel for who you are, and vice versa. This is our advantage over Armslist.

I have met him. Pretty stellar guy in the real.

Top Bottom