• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have bid on 14 lots, mostly the Smith revolvers. I’m optimistic that they’ll stay low because the condition is NRA Average at best. I’m very disappointed in the Model 27 nickel with display box...it looks like it was stored in a detached garage or mini barn :xmad:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The amount of mistakes that one finds in these listings are staggering, would be wise to hold off on bidding before examining the items in person.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Who knows, you might get lucky there. I scored a correct M1 Carbine there a couple of years ago for $450 out the door. I figured they'd get at least $800 for it. I've found that for some reason the prices seem higher at a Freije auction than Christy's. Only thing I can figure is people assume Christy's is going to sell higher so there are fewer bidders vs Freije.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    18% buyers premium plus tax. Just keep that in mind when bidding.

Unfortunately, many bidders won't keep that in mind - based on my experience with auctions of all types. And based on my experience, the slim chance of finding a bargain isn't worth the time spent attending, unless a person finds it entertaining. YMMV

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Interesting lot of stuff, buyers premiums, taxes, and fees usually make bargains hard to find.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    what do you mean by mistakes

Lets just pick some of the Low hanging fruit..

Lets look at the listings, no discussion of Barrel condition or lock up or functionality of the firearm. But wait you say lots of local auction houses do this.. But this auction is not just local anymore. There are people out there across the country bidding.

There are alot of real nice holsters in this auction, A few more details on the these holsters would be nice. A few nice close ups would be nice.

Lets take 2 lots

Lot 9 DWM American Eagle Luger.. It may be, But no photo of the Crest... Hell that a nice part to see for that pistol.. That to some degree is the heart of the firearm.

And just to show its extends past the Firearms

Lot 542 The USS Sandoval Swagger stick, It says its from April 194 (last digit missing) seeming to be from the Sandoval's WW II sailings. But the stick reads "APA 194" The Sandoval's ship number.. and so this dates the stick to the 1960s when it was in the Mediterranean.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll probably go to the preview on Friday and then maybe check the prices from the online bids (if those are listed) on anything I'm interested in to see if it will be worth my while to go on Saturday. I may be outbid before the live auction even starts.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Probably no connection, but after registering with Christy's Hi-bid (they did a temporary charge of $1) a charge for .01 was charged to my card from a "Clearsky Productions," and then someone tried to pay a hotel reservation for $577.14.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So....If I get all the stuff I bid on at the maximum price I'll be in for + 20G Damn you INGO

Then again...

:cheers:

Yikes!!!

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    IDK, have you seen what the CMP is charging for surplus 1911s?

Yeah, but these are Remington Rands, in average condition at best, and they're already in the $500-600 range. That's just absurd. They aren't collectible, aren't rare, and aren't pristine.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Probably no connection, but after registering with Christy's Hi-bid (they did a temporary charge of $1) a charge for .01 was charged to my card from a "Clearsky Productions," and then someone tried to pay a hotel reservation for $577.14.

Well, that certainly took the fun out of it for me. :(
    Now I'm paranoid to submit my credit card #. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Paranoid.

Submitting on a website and immediately having fraudulent charges? Coincidence.
    Giving your card to a server at a restaurant and an hour/day later e-commerce purchases suddenly appear? More plausible.

Remember that stolen credit card numbers often float around for months to YEARS before they are used:
    -You use your card, card info saved on store/website servers.
    -Hackers hack the network and steal the card info.
    -Numbers are divided up into batches and put up for sale on the dark web.
    (random amount of time passes)
    -Bad guy purchase a number/batch of numbers from hackers on dark web.
    (random amount of time passes)
    -Bad guy use your card info to make a fraudulent purchase.

So just because you see fraudulent charges, does NOT mean the last website you used it on is the reason. Quite the contrary. (the same does not apply for contests/email spam)

Top Bottom