churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with this. Throw away the key.

I can see these sentiments and understand them.

"But"....yes always a "But".....how much are we as tax payers supposed to be burdened with to house/feed/medicate these cretins.
    Absolutely nothing less than full life terms. In this again, the costs involved.
    Cost may be a poor way to look at this but it is a serious factor.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The media wants you to think a certain way.

Agreed but I try not to follow to closely to avoid the overdose of :koolaid: they serve.
    Even with the numbers you give it seems a bit biased towards "Us" (my culture) given the stats on committed crimes.
    There have been so many murders against "Us" (again, you know) with the same elements of torture etc and not one word of "Hate" when we know that is some of the reasons behind it. Yes, there is hate everywhere.
    Again, not :stickpoke: the pile just stating what I personally see. I wish things were different.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unless "us" means people, I have to challenge this belief Church. Only about 54% of hate crimes are attributed to white people. 24.3% by black people (according to the FBI). Do you still need a specific instance in order to stand down?
    https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/latest-hate-crime-statistics-report-released

It appears these are only crimes officially identified as hate crimes. No mention is made of crimes that could have been, much less, should have been but weren't identified as hate crimes.

GFGT [doesn't support the concept of hate crimes but if we're gonna do it, it should be equitably applied, everywhere].

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It appears these are only crimes officially identified as hate crimes. No mention is made of crimes that could have been, much less, should have been but weren't identified as hate crimes.

GFGT [doesn't support the concept of hate crimes but if we're gonna do it, it should be equitably applied, everywhere].

Exactly my point.

If I am going to hurt/kill you I already must hate you at some level unless it is self defense. Even in that there is a measure of hate.
    Just enforce the existing laws. We do not need "Special" laws.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Exactly my point.

If I am going to hurt/kill you I already must hate you at some level unless it is self defense. Even in that there is a measure of hate.
    Just enforce the existing laws. We do not need "Special" laws.

Right. Murdered is murdered, raped is raped, brutally beaten is brutally beaten, arson is arson, regardless of the motives. If it was a willful act, punish accordingly. I'm all for that. There should be a range of punishment fitting to particular heinousness of the crime. But somehow people think they're getting an extra pound of flesh or something by attaching a special label to a crime.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Chicago police hold four over live-streamed attack - BBC News

Police Commander Kevin Duffin said the police would investigate whether a hate crime had taken place.
    "They're young adults, and they make stupid decisions," he said, and, in reference to the language used, investigators would seek to "determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving", he said.

Skirting the real issues here in respect to the possible riots/marches as they were great kids.
    Just getting this out there 1st.

This was no mistake. The actions were planned.
    Putting it on social media was a mistake.

Top Bottom