• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Not if state lines are not crossed...or there's some other federal jurisdictional hook.

According to my extensive watching of TV, when there is an active kidnapping, they can presume something or other that allows the FBI to be involved.

However, I would much rather face no time, but if it was between an state and the feds, with most states, I'd much prefer to be in the federal system...except for the whole "gotta serve 85% of the time" thing.

From what I understand is that unless it is a child, the FBI doesn't usually get involved without interstate travel. And much less so if the event is over with a non-fatal outcome.

https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs/if-a...-is-known-will-the-fbi-begin-an-investigation

Jordan Hill, 18, of Carpentersville, is charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, robbery, possession of a stolen motor vehicle and residential burglary.

Tesfaye Cooper, 18, of Chicago, is charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and residential burglary.

Brittany Covington, 18, of Chicago, is charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and residential burglary.

Tanishia Covington, 24, of Chicago, is charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restrain and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
    source

I'm guessing that Tanishia did not participate in the entry to get the victim, but everything else. This is due to the lack of a residential burglary charge.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not if state lines are not crossed...or there's some other federal jurisdictional hook.

According to my extensive watching of TV, when there is an active kidnapping, they can presume something or other that allows the FBI to be involved.

However, I would much rather face no time, but if it was between an state and the feds, with most states, I'd much prefer to be in the federal system...except for the whole "gotta serve 85% of the time" thing.

If they were convicted here in Marion county, the sentence would be a casual walk through the jail and right back out.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    3 p.m.
    Chicago police say there was never any doubt the beating of a white man broadcast live on Facebook would be investigated as a hate crime.
    They say the four black suspects face hate crime charges because they were shouting racial slurs at the victim and because they referred to his mental capacity.
    At a news conference on Thursday afternoon, police also said the victim had been friends with one of the suspects, 18-year-old Jordan Hill of suburban Chicago. They say on New Year's Eve, Hill and the victim met up at a suburban McDonald's to begin what both the victim and his parents believed was going to be a sleepover.
    Police say Hill drove the victim around in a stolen van for a couple days. They ended up at a home in Chicago, where police say Hill and thep.m.Prosecutors have filed hate crime and aggravated kidnapping charges against four black suspects accused of beating and taunting a white man during an attack streamed live on Facebook
    Cook County prosecutors on Thursday announced charges against three 18-year-olds — Jordan Hill of Carpentersville, Brittany Covington of Chicago and Tesfaye Cooper of Chicago — and 24-year-old Tanishia Covington of Chicago.
    Prosecutors say the four are also charged with aggravated unlawful restraint and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Three have also been charged with residential burglary.

The charges stem from an incident that went on for as many as 48 hours. Police have said the victim has "mental health challenges." three other suspects taunted the victim and beat him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So basically, white folk got it coming because Trump and stuff....

I doubt if this video was about "white folks got it coming...", Trump's election would the "go-to." The premise is ridiculous from both sides, and does nothing but inflame stupidity.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From their photos, they don't strike me as the "politically savvy" type. Maybe I'm mistaken though and they were active in their community and politics.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do stricter penalties exist for taking advantage/abusing a person that is less-capable of defending themselves (or understanding?)

The only thing I can compare it to, like you, is a child/minor.

Sometimes, it depends on the particular law violated and the circumstances. It can't enhance a robbery, but can enhance a battery if certain conditions are met (for Indiana).

I thought kidnapping was federal big boy trouble.

Nope, not by default. City/county/state handles the vast vast majority.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No need for a trial in my opinion. They posted it for the world to see. They are guilty and i will supply the bullets. Execute the thug bastards! If it was the other way around there would be riots, buildings burning, Obama live on tv, BLM plastered everywhere. These thugs should be executed, but being its Chicago, they'll probably be on the streets in less than 6 months

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    When it applicable it's applicable.

58305701.jpg

Top Bottom