• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like hearing these good stories about Willis, I've never thought he was a huge dick or anything based on what I've known of him. I feel like I kind of missed out going to visit last time I was down at TR. I'm going back down later this fall or in the Spring, they already have my money and I just need to schedule... I'll try and make it a priority to go by on the next trip for sure!

Has anyone in here taken the fight? That's what I'll be going down for, looking forward to it, I hear it's pretty good at making you feel like you suck.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He can be brash, but he takes it like he gives it. He's not perfect and has bad days just like anyone else. He didn't like the fact that we went by there, but he told us to come back after he closed and he gave us a full tour of the place.

Yep. Thats cool he had you come back.
    I'm not sure when you guys went but at the new shop they encourage people to stop In. They even have a showroom of goods if you will and an eager salesperson to explain,anything you have questions about and you can purchase anything. John personally fixed a piece of SOE gear of mine on the spot. Totally unexpectedly and it wasn't his fault it was screwed up. I was also able to pick out substitutions to close out a couple pending orders i had open. Still have another that will come soon once they produce it.

Last edited:

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I dropped by their old shop when I was taking a class at Tactical Response. John was kind of a dick (except the kind of part). I would not recommend planning on stopping by out of the blue and chewing the fat while the sew shop whips up your order.

I'm not trashing SOE or John. I love their gear and am not overly put off by John being a dick.

I love my SOE AR Micro Rig. If I did not have one, I would pick one up in a heartbeat. Before I dropped $500 on a full sized chest rig from SOE, I would put together a plate carrier and plates, like a PIG plate carrier. I have some SOE stuff (micro rig, small and large trauma kits, variety of pouches). I like their stuff. It works and it takes a hell of a beating, but I do not think their full sized chest rigs are a good value compared to some of their very good competitors.

:twocents:

Agreed. I do have a Mission Spec plate carrier with plates, and a Haley Strategic chest rig set up on the carrier for my AR. I believe the whole rig with the plates cost around 500 bucks. That's why when I was confronted with a $500 chest rig, I was a bit leery.

I really would like a quality chest rig for my AK platform, but I'm not sure I can pay full price for something and have no idea when it's going to arrive.

I appreciate the input.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I've wanted a 12 gauge Micro Rig for years. But I will simply not order something and pay in full up front, with no option for a refund, when the best estimated ship date I can get is "maybe someday when we get around to it, until then f' off. "

Right?! Very strange business practice - maybe because he doesn't want to scale the business?

I'm a salesman. When I sell warehouse equipment, it's usually orders well into the thousands of dollars. If I tell my customer I don't know when it's going to arrive, it does not matter how good of a product it is, he/she will not come back.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Just ordered the riggers belt, using "buy now ship now" after seeing a post on the Facebook page. Got it 2 days later. Great quality.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Got my first SOE item. One of the EDC belts/no velcro lining. Seems nice but I probably gone a size smaller than my pants size. It fits fine with my IWB rigs but I can't get it tight enough for OWB.

Top Bottom