• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    That isn't what you said. What you said was if you don't want to be groped you don't have to fly. What I'm saying is if you are too afraid to fly without someone groping you first then you don't have to fly. Let me take my chances with a terrorist on a plane, or more to the point let him take his chances with me on a plane. I'll get to my destination, possibly needing stitches but the would-be hijacker is going to the hospital to get his weapon taken out of his ass before going to jail.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This issue with this whole thing is it is an unreasonable search under the 4th Amendment and it is totally ineffective. Are they going to look at a man's **** in the scanner and decide based upon ethnic origin that it is bigger than expected and make you pull your pants down to prove you're strapped not strapping?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this is just a bad idea made worse by idiot affirmative action employees. These are Obamagonnaneedajob's brownshirts. They are trying to create authority where none is permitted and power where prohibited, IMHO.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    That isn't what you said. What you said was if you don't want to be groped you don't have to fly. What I'm saying is if you are too afraid to fly without someone groping you first then you don't have to fly. Let me take my chances with a terrorist on a plane, or more to the point let him take his chances with me on a plane. I'll get to my destination, possibly needing stitches but the would-be hijacker is going to the hospital to get his weapon taken out of his ass before going to jail.

I wish the market would let us determine just how much "safety" we want,,,

Id much rather take a less safe and cheaper flight than what we have today...

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    This issue with this whole thing is it is an unreasonable search under the 4th Amendment and it is totally ineffective. Are they going to look at a man's **** in the scanner and decide based upon ethnic origin that it is bigger than expected and make you pull your pants down to prove you're strapped not strapping?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this is just a bad idea made worse by idiot affirmative action employees. These are Obamagonnaneedajob's brownshirts. They are trying to create authority where none is permitted and power where prohibited, IMHO.

You are correct about the ineffectiveness and violation of the 4th Amendment. But this all started under Bush. Obama is just letting it continue business as usual, letting them set their own rules and policy with no oversight and nobody to answer to. Sort of like the IRS.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Flying is a right now? If I am going to be stuck on a plane that I have no control over, I don't want anyone else unauthorized to have an advantage over me. Frisk everyone who doesn't want the scan. If they don't like it, they don't have to fly. Its not a right. Those planes are not owned by the government...Yet....

Now once that chances....***** all you want.

In the United States we have the right to freely travel. It seems to be that since you don't have any problem with the restrictions, no one else should?

That you are very happy to turn over your liberty for the illusion of security is your choice. Your blythe dismissal of how easy it is to find alternative methods of transport is both fatuous and ignorant. Will you sing the same tune when every single form of transport is subject to the same level of security?

Welcome to the USSR!

Last edited:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Coming soon to an airport near you...

355305e661fe6c13dc0e6a706700e75b.jpg

I'd much rather see that than get groped and have naked pictures taken.

the 2 airports I've been in here in Europe have TR's big stick approach down pretty well. they treat everyone with respect and don't assume that every single person is there to blow the place up, but they make sure that if someone makes a move to do so, the Polizei puts a round or two in them first.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Huh? Isn't that what I just said?:dunno: And the government is not forcefully violating your privacy. You are choosing to either let them or not. The latter will result in an alternate mode of transportation, but at least your "privacy" will be in tact. What's the big deal? I'm not saying I agree with getting groped, but I also get groped at colts games and pacer games as well before entering. Should I sue them too? I would rather be frisked and watch my sports game or fly to my destination than not. My choice. Not the governments.Businesses all over the country have rules to follow and if you don't you dont' get service or product from them. What's different here since these airlines aren't owned by the government?

I think one of the major differences here is funding. Each second you are at work, a government agency is taking some of your paycheck to fund the airline industry. It is no longer a private entity. Subsidies go towards the construction and upkeep of airports. All of the major carriers receive government funding. Even the aircraft manufacturers are propped up, to an extent, by you the taxpayer. 100% of the security at airports is funded through taxation. Long distance travel is a must in a country of our size and level of economic development. Attending a sporting event, is not. Air travel, for all intents and purposes, is wholly owned by a government agency of some sort.

Even if an airport opts out of the TSA, there is still a government approved list of security firms that they are allowed to hire.

In addition, I have been going to Colts games since 1984 and no one has ever pulled out my waistband or touched my testicles.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Simon Jester says "time for some civil disobedience"

1 - if a TSA agent says "sorry, I'm just following orders" say "yeah, the nazis were good at that to..."

2 - I have to find out if there's anything you can paint on your body that will show up on the full body scans. Be funny to paint on a bikini, or briefs. Or a big "F U TSA" across your chest/belly. Or "remember the 4th Amendment"

3 - if you're up to tweaking the agents... here's an image for a t-shirt you can wear David Vincent Wolf - Photographs

040be7b6f7_eight_hundred.jpg

I'm sure there are other things that people can think of...

<mods please note the image is being released under Creative Common terms>

Last edited:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Well sure, I can choose not to fly if I dont like being groped, cause flying aint a "right"...And I suppose I can choose not to drive if they start pulling me over to grope my wife and daughter, or choose not to go to WalMart when they grope us at the door cause going to WalMart aint a right, or walking on the sidewalk, going to the movies, going to the bank, going to work, walking to the mailbox...
    Wake up!:xmad:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    "The house of representatives ... can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as the great mass of society.

This has always been deemed one of the strongest bonds by which human policy can connect the rulers and the people together.

It creates between them that communion of interest, and sympathy of sentiments, of which few governments have furnished examples; but without which every government degenerates into tyranny."

. --James Madison, Federalist No. 57, 1788

Yeah but they do it anyway. They have the best health insurance, the best retirement plan, get passes onto the planes, and offer freebies to the populist to vote them back in. Our once great country has become a Democracy, which it was never intended. Almost 50% of the once free people get something from you and everyone else for nothing. THEY WILL NOT STOP VOTING THAT WAY. And in a few years free citizens such as ourselves will be told to give up half of everything to those who will not earn their keep. Probably even more....never thought I would see the day, now my children will have to deal with it thru their entire lives. Maybe that crazy preachers of Obamas had it right...God damn America, cause we are certainly damning ourselves for the benefit of the few.:xmad::patriot:

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    ... And the government is not forcefully violating your privacy. You are choosing to either let them or not. The latter will result in an alternate mode of transportation, but at least your "privacy" will be in tact. What's the big deal? I'm not saying I agree with getting groped, but I also get groped at colts games and pacer games as well before entering. Should I sue them too? I would rather be frisked and watch my sports game or fly to my destination than not...

DSCN5486.JPG

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    im going to tennessee with my mom to see her family over thanksgiving... i want to head back friday night so i can deer hunt saturday morning and she offered to fly me back but i said no thanks ill drive myself both ways if that means not flying and getting my junk touched.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well sure, I can choose not to fly if I dont like being groped, cause flying aint a "right"...And I suppose I can choose not to drive if they start pulling me over to grope my wife and daughter, or choose not to go to WalMart when they grope us at the door cause going to WalMart aint a right, or walking on the sidewalk, going to the movies, going to the bank, going to work, walking to the mailbox...
    Wake up!:xmad:

But traveling is .
    The method that you chose is also a right .
    Just because some Rights are enumerated in the Constitution does not mean that is all there is .
    9th Amendment :
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    Thanks
    Duncan

Top Bottom