Is Therapy Causing a Depression Epidemic?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do insurance claims and I am typically the peraon they just wanr to tell their horrific life altering event to (scratch on their bumper). I have told my wife that these people just want to be heard and someone to listen. Unfortunately, I'm stuck listening to them.

It's weird for me because I have never felt the need to tell anybody anything they didn't need to hear about myself. I got plenty of issues, but I know I'm confident enough that I was always right! lol
    Reminds me of a story where a doctor was outed as a fraud, his patients were very upset, but the reason they were upset was not being treated by a fraud, it was he because he was the only doctor that listened to them…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have found that if I fight anything for that long and I'm unsuccessful, it is usually a me problem and I have to take a hard look into the mirror and figure it out myself.
    You mean fighting bigoted, closed minded arrogant ***holes? That’s a never ending fight. Understanding that the issues you have are not “your fault”, as in you didn’t cause them, then finding ways to fix it is how I chose to approach it. I will fight for those that are too timid, too scared to find help. Dealing with arrogant ***holes that tell them they just need to suck it up and be a real man while trying to make yourself better? That’s the real suck right there.

Yes, if you have a physical imbalance of chemicals that cause your depression, you will fight it until your last breath. It doesn’t magically go away with “nice thoughts”. Learning to manage it, and to feel “normal” and enjoying your life more is worth that struggle, even if you don’t think so because it doesn’t fit your idea of what a man is.

I’ve gotten a couple of pms from people thanking me for speaking out against the jerks and the “suck it ups”. I want anyone that is struggling to understand it’s ok, you aren’t alone. You can seek help, whether it be professional or a friendly ear or caring spouse. There is help out there and it’s not these arrogant pricks telling us we aren’t men/women/people because we just can’t suck it up. My pms are always open if you need someone to talk at. I understand and there are a lot of great people out here that want to help as well.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've read through this thread on and off, but I will say a lot of what's causing a depression epidemic is society and social media.

All the TikTok, Facebook and Instagram is painting a glimpse into the "perfect" life for many and causing depression when their life is far from it.

Just my two cents, anyways.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Look at the dates in the graph. The US data is from 2022, and the UK 2014.

So if that is correct, you have to believe Covid was hard on a lot of people mentally, with fear of dying, losing loved ones, lockdowns, loss of employment, etc.. And the last few years, things just seem to get crazier.
    I would say that Social Media has had a huge impact ..........A lot of people are pretending to be who they are not , and can`t even keep up with their own make belief world .
    Considering the bs we as a world have dealt with in the last 4 years, this is not surprising. If you consider the divisiveness that we experience on a daily basis, even on our own "communities" its a wonder more people don't think they're ****** up.
    I've read through this thread on and off, but I will say a lot of what's causing a depression epidemic is society and social media.

All the TikTok, Facebook and Instagram is painting a glimpse into the "perfect" life for many and causing depression when their life is far from it.

Just my two cents, anyways.

Now that the propaganda was mentioned, I thought I'd share the recent 8 min video with Tucker that discusses the source and intentional targeting that can affect one's mental state. This may possibly help people realize what is affecting them and potentially avoid the triggers that cause the stress and reactions. Lots of variables but the source is important. Getting to the root cause is often the start of therapy.

Clif Notes...What causes neuroinflammation? Why is neorogenisis is important, the reproduction of the brains nerve cells? The propoganda can shut down one's mental immune system. This is a physical event, not emotional, that causes the way one's brain functions to be changed and be more controllable. The Permacrisis' are constantly changed to create that control, affecting how people make decisions in difficult times. The goal is to shut down one's thinking brain and install the new ideas, to use fear mongering to put people in mindless states of control.

The full interview with molecular geneticist and immunologist Dr. Michael Nehls is on Tuckers subscription service (I don't have that). If someone does, they might be able to add to this clip.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Where the heck is @Leadeye ? He could tell us what to do in this situation…

He's right you know.;)

I have no numbers but I would bet that the amount of money spent on psychological stuff in professional visits and chemicals has gone up dramatically in recent history. The people making the bucks have to convince the potential customer that they need their services/products.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Now that the propaganda was mentioned, *edit* This may possibly help people realize what is affecting them and potentially avoid the triggers that cause the stress and reactions. *

*edit The goal is to shut down one's thinking brain and install the new ideas, to use fear mongering to put people in mindless states of control.
    I see this through the children I have fostered. The avoiding triggers is a big one. Some of those triggers are installed by media/propaganda/education in very deliberate ways. The biggest example most can see are pronouns. It takes quite a bit of training a human brain to accept the concept they can be any pronoun and even more training to be enraged if someone uses the wrong one. But here we are with that state of control, those triggers being installed in millions.

Their are loads of lessor examples. Figuring out how a trigger came into your head and eliminating it is more important than avoiding them.

Last edited:

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    The people making the bucks have to convince the potential customer that they need their services/products.
    Right on the nose. If you tell people they should have issues, they will find the reasons.

We have it easier now than any other generation. Are things faster paced, sure. Is there a lot of pressure put on people, yep. But just different circumstances.

We can walk into a grocery store and buy anything from anywhere in the world. Buy anything you can see online..any do-dad you could imagine and have it brought right to your door. Find love online. Yet everyone is depressed! What is going to happen when society collapses?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Professor Robert Dingwall, a social scientist and adviser to the UK government, told DailyMail.com that looking on at the situation in America, there is a concern among sociologists that people are being referred to therapy at the slightest sign of hardship in their life.
    So now INGO is looking to the UK government for analysis of America. :rolleyes:

Remember these are the same people that don't want you having anything sharp and pointy, let alone guns.

This has to be one of the dumbest threads on INGO. If you need help get help. There's nothing weak about hiding. In fact, it's sign of weakness to pretend everything is OK, and you're too tough to talk it over with a trained therapist.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So now INGO is looking to the UK government for analysis of America. :rolleyes:

Remember these are the same people that don't want you having anything sharp and pointy, let alone guns.

This has to be one of the dumbest threads on INGO. If you need help get help. There's nothing weak about hiding. In fact, it's sign of weakness to pretend everything is OK, and you're too tough to talk it over with a trained therapist.
    Are they wrong? Are those on the gravy train in the US willing to acknowledge the discrepancy?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I was tempted to put "posting this before the s**t storm" in my original post. After reading through this, I should have listened to my gut. Wow, I'm surprised this thread didn't get locked after reading through the first three pages.

Top Bottom