Is this just the beginning of rioting or will it subside?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Is this a joke or are you being serious?

It's hard to tell given your positions.

At the time Lafayette Square Park was cleared by police on Monday, June 1, President Trump was safely at the White House, a well-secured fortress. He had access to a helipad at the south lawn of the White House (opposite direction of the protesters), and we know that he was not in fear that it was unsafe for him to go outside at the White House because actually he did go outdoors to give a speech while police officers were clearing the protesters.

The protesters were cleared out so that President Trump could walk through the park and attend a photo op at St. John's Episcopal Church. This photo op was planned after the protesters were gathered, a constitutionally-protected right. The photo op was not presidential function (that is, it was not an action to fulfill a role or duty of the president).

If it were unsafe for President Trump to travel to where the protest was happening, then he should have just stayed home. He had absolutely no need to go there. It wasn't a confrontation until President Trump decided to make it one.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Peaceful

136hly.jpg

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Scenes of 'peaceful protest' in and around Lafayette Square on 30 May and 31 May 2020

I don't know about you, but I would be pretty pissed off if I got teargassed for going to the bank the day after somebody else robbed it.

Since you refuse to distinguish between different crowds on different dates, I'm done pounding my head against a wall.

See you all in some other thread.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't know about you, but I would be pretty pissed off if I got teargassed for going to the bank the day after somebody else robbed it.

Since you refuse to distinguish between different crowds on different dates, I'm done pounding my head against a wall.

See you all in some other thread.

Does any level of pissed off warrant destroying your neighbor's business just days after they are finally able to open up again after devastating losses during the pandemic?

The "protesters" have a severe lack of empathy.

Top Bottom