Is this just the beginning of rioting or will it subside?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Friday night, a statue of Ulysses S. Grant was toppled. Also the statue of a Catholic saint. Do you know who is to blame? It is not the hordes of progressives with ropes and chains; it is every conservative who thought those Jacobin lunatics could be appeased by just tearing down certain statues. It is a metaphor for the fecklessness of an American right too cowed to stand up for itself."

This is the same argument anti-gun zealots use to say a shooting is the fault of gun owners and not the fault of the people who actually shot people. It's not a lot different from the "silence is violence" crap. The people who are at fault ARE THE PROGRESSIVES who did it. WTF happened to The Federalist? Somehow they've become bat **** crazy.

I get what you’re saying. But I think you’re taking what the author is saying as hyperbole as literally what he literally means. (I hope it’s just hyperbole). It’s basically the same argument I use excoriating Christians for abandoning the culture and then blaming the rot in the culture on movie producers or tv studios. It’s not the fault of any specific person but the fact, that as a group, they’ve sat on their hands and (in best case) looked the other way waiting to be raptured up or in way too many cases have actively immersed themselves into the culture they simultaneously decry, they have blame as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get what you’re saying. But I think you’re taking what the author is saying as hyperbole as literally what he literally means. (I hope it’s just hyperbole). It’s basically the same argument I use excoriating Christians for abandoning the culture and then blaming the rot in the culture on movie producers or tv studios. It’s not the fault of any specific person but the fact, that as a group, they’ve sat on their hands and (in best case) looked the other way waiting to be raptured up or in way too many cases have actively immersed themselves into the culture they simultaneously decry, they have blame as well.
    As a group, what are they supposed to do?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Tom Luongo interviewed, speaking plainly that we are in a color revolution just like the US was used to bring to other countries in the past. Why those backing the revolution want the US military to become engaged. And, his expectations for what's next.

https://www.trunews.com/stream/coming-soon-new-constitution-new-dollar
    That was an interesting discussion! one thing that seemed to get passed over (or I missed it) is that the outcome of a revolution--civil war--in a country this big, is that the outcome isn't necessarily binary. "Which ever way the military goes, is the way the outcome goes" is premised on the military remaining a cohesive unit. It didn't work that way in syria, libya, or when the soviets overthrew the king in afghanistan. It's entirely possible that the US could balkanize along social/tribal/ideological lines with refugees moving to find safety among "their own". Part of that scenario could also be foriegn powers intervening on the side of their choice to influence the outcome for their own interests

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Friday night, a statue of Ulysses S. Grant was toppled. Also the statue of a Catholic saint. Do you know who is to blame? It is not the hordes of progressives with ropes and chains; it is every conservative who thought those Jacobin lunatics could be appeased by just tearing down certain statues. It is a metaphor for the fecklessness of an American right too cowed to stand up for itself."

This is the same argument anti-gun zealots use to say a shooting is the fault of gun owners and not the fault of the people who actually shot people. It's not a lot different from the "silence is violence" crap. The people who are at fault ARE THE PROGRESSIVES who did it. WTF happened to The Federalist? Somehow they've become bat **** crazy.

Oh. And I'm still waiting for evidence of a silent majority, at least not one that is all that interested in the world as its unfolding. Just people who live their lives, shake their heads at the news, crack open a beer, and tune out. Don't count on them for any help. They're not an "us".

Wait for it

The silent majority speaks 3 November, to do so before hand is to throw oneself to the mob when it will count for nothing

Matthew 8:26

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait for it

The silent majority speaks 3 November, to do so before hand is to throw oneself to the mob when it will count for nothing

I hope you’re right. But hope is all it is. You have this belief that there are hordes of people just like you who don’t make themselves known because they’re afraid; or whatever. I don’t doubt that there are some. But what evidence is there that these silent people are sizable enough to make the difference at the polls. You guys thought it was some overwhelming silent majority that voted him into office in 2016. He won the swing states by small margins. And that was the difference. Take away the 12% pissed Bernie Bro vote and I’m not sure Trump would have won. They’re not likely to vote for him this time.

I’d like to believe there is this silent majority of people who would vote for Trump, even if only to stop the leftward march to crazy. I just don’t see any evidence that there is a silent majority. And if you reply some nonsensical misuse of logic, that it’s because they’re silent, imma laugh at that too.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wait for it

It's interesting that you post reference to that chapter of Matthew. I happened to have been reading Matthew recently and the bookmark of my bible was coincidentally placed at the beginning of chapter 8.

I'd also point to Matthew 10:26-27, which I think is relevant to this discussion too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Glad I could be of entertainment, jamil

There is no hope
    It's ****ed
    Everything is ruined
    All is lost
    We're doomed
    Nothing can save us
    Whatever is done will fail
    There's only misery left
    We're all going to die

There, happy now?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's interesting that you post reference to that chapter of Matthew. I happened to have been reading Matthew recently and the bookmark of my bible was coincidentally placed at the beginning of chapter 8.

I'd also point to Matthew 10:26-27, which I think is relevant to this discussion too.
    Neither is actually relevant to the question of whether there is a silent majority. Matt.8:26 isn’t saying that you should have faith that there is some majority of people out there who think the same way you do. It’s presumptive to think so.

Matt. 10:26-27 is relevant to the discussion about what may motivate people to be too afraid to speak out. And if that’s the context you intended that’s fine. But it just isn’t relevant to the question I raised and answered: is there a silent majority?

I don’t see any evidence that there is, and if you believe there is, what reasoning causes you to believe it so strongly?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Glad I could be of entertainment, jamil

There is no hope
    It's ****ed
    Everything is ruined
    All is lost
    We're doomed
    Nothing can save us
    Whatever is done will fail
    There's only misery left
    We're all going to die

There, happy now?

There’s that binary thinking again. If I don’t agree with you about believing something without evidence it must be the exact opposite. There’s nothing in between.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    It's all about The Revolution.

BLM is an Anarcho-Marxist organization. Its leadership - starting with two of its founders - are trained Marxists committed to the violent overthrow of the state and federal governments - to replace them with a Marxist Dictatorship of the Proletariat. This is not some conclusion drawn by observers. It came from their own mouths; they stated it publicly five years ago in 2015. They're not low IQ morons. They're highly educated intellectuals steeped in Anarchist and Marxist theory and tactics. There is no cheap - or expensive - virtue that will assuage them until they have forced events into a civil war. That's what they want. The AntiFa collage of Anarchist and Marxist organizations are allied with them. They all have the same goal. Their dream is recreating the 1917 October Revolution in North America. They will continue the mayhem and destruction, increasing its audacity and tempo with each attempt to assuage them. BLM's demands are pure Anarcho-Marxism (published in their entirety online; a bullet point summary of its elements is in Wikipedia). They look on the likes of Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff and Nadler as "useful idiots", a Marxist term for those who can be exploited and manipulated to enable their cause.

Those that think them twenty-something lazy layabouts living in their mommies' basements, playing video games and leeching off their parents, are naively deluding themselves. They're not.

John

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [video=youtube;RpsAJQ0iZ2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpsAJQ0iZ2M[/video]

Is that supposed to be a logical answer to me questioning the existence of this supposed silent majority? Or is that just something to remind you of a past glorious comeuppance. And for the record I actually hope your faith, even unsubstantiated, is correct.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I see the fraud committed by the left to deny attendees access virtually by reserving all the seats and then not showing.
    I see them blocking access to the entrances to prevent them from attending. (5,000 esimated were denied by mobs blocking access)

How will they see any difference come Nov 3? Is it "just the cost of doing business" and an acceptable tactic to try to win by literally ANY means necessary? Including illegal actions like fraud and intimidation? Is it just THAT important that Orange Man Bad be removed for the good of the country no matter the cost?

And gee, who does that remind me of blocking access of voters? Oh, yeah. None other than racist democrats who used some of the same tactics against black voters back in the day. My how quickly they forget.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There’s that binary thinking again. If I don’t agree with you about believing something without evidence it must be the exact opposite. There’s nothing in between.

Darn, I thought I could break lock by reciting a nihilist catechism

What proof could I offer that would satisfy you, jamil? Polling? Anecdotal evidence? A newspaper from November 4th? It is binary, I believe one thing and you believe another. Yang to your yin

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Neither is actually relevant to the question of whether there is a silent majority. Matt.8:26 isn’t saying that you should have faith that there is some majority of people out there who think the same way you do. It’s presumptive to think so.

Matt. 10:26-27 is relevant to the discussion about what may motivate people to be too afraid to speak out. And if that’s the context you intended that’s fine. But it just isn’t relevant to the question I raised and answered: is there a silent majority?

I don’t see any evidence that there is, and if you believe there is, what reasoning causes you to believe it so strongly?

it’s kinda like the first rule of fight club. Don’t talk about fight club. If you’re talking about it you’re not silent.

I mean asking to prove there’s a silent majority is like asking for proof of god or how Holley carbs work. I know more than a handful of people that live by the grey man approach to public life. Is it a majority? I have no idea.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    it’s kinda like the first rule of fight club. Don’t talk about fight club. If you’re talking about it you’re not silent.

I mean asking to prove there’s a silent majority is like asking for proof of god or how Holley carbs work. I know more than a handful of people that live by the grey man approach to public life. Is it a majority? I have no idea.

I’m not asking for proof. I’m asking why people believe it without evidence. I can see why people believe in god without evidence. Well, at least the kind of evidence one could say is empirical. That’s a matter of faith. But believing that a majority of people are the same as you but just afraid to speak up, without evidence, is something different. Believing spiritual things as a matter of faith is one thing. Why leave the other to faith?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I’m not asking for proof. I’m asking why people believe it without evidence. I can see why people believe in god without evidence. Well, at least the kind of evidence one could say is empirical. That’s a matter of faith. But believing that a majority of people are the same as you but just afraid to speak up, without evidence, is something different. Believing spiritual things as a matter of faith is one thing. Why leave the other to faith?

If we don't believe the majority of the people oppose this insane stuff, then we have to confront the fact our country is lost before we ever really had much of a chance to do something about it. And that no matter how you vote, no matter what you do, your children are going to be forced to survive through the Maoist revolution with your country supporting it.

That's a blackpill a bit too far for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If we don't believe the majority of the people oppose this insane stuff, then we have to confront the fact our country is lost before we ever really had much of a chance to do something about it. And that no matter how you vote, no matter what you do, your children are going to be forced to survive through the Maoist revolution with your country supporting it.

That's a blackpill a bit too far for me.

This is pretty much me. I saw all this coming years ago. Said what I could to whom ever might listen. Surrounded myself with like minded folks. But we do no organize at those levels. WE work. We raise familys and attempt to enjoy the fruits of our labors.

These rioting pukes are funded because most are not employed. Much time to subvert and organize more of the same. Who raised these worthless ****s.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If you mean where did they get their values the answer is from corporations controlled by illuminists.

Top Bottom