• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Could someone please explain to me why El Guero, a fellow INGO'er, got the kind of abuse he had thrown at him in this thread? Maybe I just missed something, but that seemed like pretty poor treatment for an INGO brother and totally uncalled for.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    There did seem to be quite a bit of unnecessary discussion on things that were not relevant to the point the OP was trying to make in that thread.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Which was caused by how difficult it was to decipher.

Took me maybe twice as long to read and comprehend it as it might (most) anyone else's posts of the same length. Yeah, that was rough. I guess the only thing to do is bash him for not being able to speak/write his second language as well as we can our *only* language.

You've gotta be kidding me.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I had no trouble reading the post. How many of us can write in a second language as well as he did? Didn't know there was a literary test to post here. Closing the thread made no sense for the reason given. No, I don't want the Mod job. Cheers

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There did seem to be quite a bit of unnecessary discussion on things that were not relevant to the point the OP was trying to make in that thread.

Julianos in Kokomo has Carmel Bacon gelato. :drool:

Corner of Markland and Dixon Rd on the west side of town.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Hmm... I really didn't see why the thread was closed.
    Just cause of a little broken english?
    There wasn't any piling on either, it was a 2 page thread.

I found the story interesting, and funny sometimes.
    [I'm a marx bros. fan. I like funny accents and innuendo.]

Which brings me to my favorite part:
    i guess if you are from Gary and Illinois they will get you hard, as far as i know.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Could someone please explain to me why El Guero, a fellow INGO'er, got the kind of abuse he had thrown at him in this thread? Maybe I just missed something, but that seemed like pretty poor treatment for an INGO brother and totally uncalled for.
    I thought the same thing you did. I have to say I was quite disappointed by the responses in that thread.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Because the grammar police had nothing better to do. Sometimes people get so caught up being self righteous that they lose sight of the point of the story. Not everyone embraces diversity.

My question to the grammar police would have to be, if this man were in a situation that required immediate assistance on your part or he would be harmed, would you dismiss him simply because he spoke differently than you do?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Took me maybe twice as long to read and comprehend it as it might (most) anyone else's posts of the same length. Yeah, that was rough. I guess the only thing to do is bash him for not being able to speak/write his second language as well as we can our *only* language.

You've gotta be kidding me.

Ok, explain to me what is wrong with asking people to conform to the language that is spoken/written in this country.

I went to Vietnam last year and did not expect them to speak English everywhere I went. The ones that spoke English spoke it because they wanted my money. Seems pretty straight forward to me

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    ButtHurt.jpg

Top Bottom