• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No no no, we can’t prosecute her because she has kids and the evil Orange man would want to separate the kids from their mother.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looks like we arent the only ones dealing with this. Another one trying to return to the UK.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/17/uk/shamima-begum-london-teenager-isis-bride-gbr-intl/index.html

On both cases, they should stay in their newly adopted Muslim country, (or any other Predominantly Muslim country) or face trial if they wish to return. Especially this chick:

"Yeah I knew about those things and I was OK with it. I started becoming religious just before I left. From what I heard, Islamically that is all allowed so I was OK with it," Begum told Sky News.
    "Begum added that people should have sympathy towards her because she "didn't know" what she was getting into, but says she doesn't regret her decision." (my emphasis added)

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Let the traitors stay there. I'm sure when ISIS finds out they are trying to flee they will dispose of them. No need for us to spend millions bringing her home, paying to prosecute and defend her, and then paying for her to live in prison.

When she denounced her citizenship and joined the enemy she lost all of her rights here.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Let the traitors stay there. I'm sure when ISIS finds out they are trying to flee they will dispose of them. No need for us to spend millions bringing her home, paying to prosecute and defend her, and then paying for her to live in prison.

When she denounced her citizenship and joined the enemy she lost all of her rights here.

Probably the best outcome. Sad for the innocent baby, though.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Renouncing one's citizenship doesn't mean they are no longer a citizen. GOV makes that final determination. Don't believe me? Try renouncing your citizenship, moving abroad, and see if GOV doesn't think it's still entitled to taxes from you.
    Anyways, she should be brought back and tried, whether we like it or not, she IS an American citizen, and is still entitled to the privileges that entails. Try her, and if guilty, lock her up.... 10-15 years, seems like the going rate; assuming she did not take up arms against Americans.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    IANAL, but when you pull crap like this I believe you a denouncing your citizenship and should be treated accordingly. No way would I let her back in. We have more than our share of justice denied (see Angela Davis) already.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Looks like we arent the only ones dealing with this. Another one trying to return to the UK.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/17/uk/shamima-begum-london-teenager-isis-bride-gbr-intl/index.html

On both cases, they should stay in their newly adopted Muslim country, (or any other Predominantly Muslim country) or face trial if they wish to return. Especially this chick:

"Yeah I knew about those things and I was OK with it. I started becoming religious just before I left. From what I heard, Islamically that is all allowed so I was OK with it," Begum told Sky News.
    "Begum added that people should have sympathy towards her because she "didn't know" what she was getting into, but says she doesn't regret her decision." (my emphasis added)

Same thing in France, larger scale.
    Some 130 ISIS members who are French citizens could be brought back to France soon.
    They are already in jail in Syria.

Some French politicians mentioned that they should be treated as enemy combats and executed.

France could repatriate nearly 130 ISIS members from Syria

[FONT=&quot]Nearly 130 French citizens that joined the Islamic State and are now detained in Syria could be returned home in the next few weeks, French media reported on Tuesday.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Paris fears that the French Islamic State prisoners held by Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) could disappear as a result of instability in the region caused by the US decision to withdraw its troops from Syria, sources told BFMTV.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If returned, they would likely be transported by plane and be arrested upon arrival.[/FONT]

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Guantanamo Bay is about as close to the US as she should get...
    Look north, on a clear day when the wind is right, you can almost smell the cheeseburgers!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's another thing, wouldn't this chick's child be an American citizen?

Depends if the father is also a US citizen or not.
    If both parents are US citizens the child becomes a US citizen at birth, even when born outside of the US.

When only one parent is a US citizen the child can later get naturalized (at age 18 I think, not sure) but it's not automatic.

[FONT=&quot]Less than a month after arriving in Syria, she married Suhan Abdul Rahman, an Australian jihadist, who died only a few months later allegedly during a Jordanian air strikes during a battle.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]She went on to marry at least two others times, according to reports, including her second marriage to a Tunisian fighter with whom she had her son, Adam. Her second husband was killed in Mosul and she went on to marry a Syrian man, the Guardian reports.[/FONT]

Apparently the other parent is a Tunisian national.So no US citizenship at birth for the kid.

No idea what's the citizenship of the kid.It's probably a legal mess.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Guantanamo Bay is about as close to the US as she should get...
    Look north, on a clear day when the wind is right, you can almost smell the cheeseburgers!

She's a US citizen.She has the right to a fair trial, in the US.

What could possibly go wrong if you start sending US citizens to Guantanamo Bay to be detained and jailed without a fair trail?

Like it or not, terorrists and criminals, when US citizens, have constitutional rights.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Depends if the father is also a US citizen or not.
    If both parents are US citizens the child becomes a US citizen at birth, even when born outside of the US.

When only one parent is a US citizen the child can later get naturalized (at age 18 I think, not sure) but it's not automatic.

Apparently the other parent is a Tunisian national.So no US citizenship at birth for the kid.

No idea what's the citizenship of the kid.It's probably a legal mess.

I don't think it does. I might be interpreting it wrong, but it appears to me, that the child is automatically a US citizen. See below, and tell e what you think:
    https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...isition-US-Citizenship-Child-Born-Abroad.html
    In light of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Sessions v. Morales-Santana, 582 U.S. ___, 137 S.Ct. 1678 (2017), a person born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen mother and alien father on or after June 12, 2017, may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if the mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of the person’s birth and was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a period of five years, two after the age of fourteen under Section 301(g) of the INA.

Top Bottom