• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Interesting. IMO there is no more effective way to get Palestinians to negotiate in a less intransigent way then for them to see some of their main backers willing to move on without them

As for the idea of US policy being seen as adrift in the region by SA and Israel, I'm not sure I buy it. I think it is a high percentage move to have a light touch and having the shape of a future policy in the region hashed out by the key players with our support. In the past, attempts by the US to promote a framework largely of our devising has run aground on some objection or another or maneuver to attempt to extract further concessions. I think a behind the scenes role would be best as long as things seem to be proceeding in an acceptable direction. The presence of a credible outside threat (Iran and its proxies) has already moved SA to reconsider Israel's status and to modernize and reform within, something we could not accomplish (based on a scoring of past attempts)

Something will need to also be done about the idea that killing random Israelis (or westerners, for that matter) somehow is helpful to the Palestinian cause

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To paraphrase Capt. Louis Renault: "Why President Trump, I'm shocked! Shocked that terrorist thought has taken hold in Saudi Arabia"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Egypt attack: Twelve die as gunmen hit Coptic Christians - BBC News

I think it is a sign of secular civilization that police of one religious discipline are willing to protect and sacrifice themselves for those of a different - even competing - religious discipline.

It is understandable that the people there may not feel like the government is doing enough to protect them, but from the outside, it looks like they have the right policies in place. Perhaps it is up to the people to do more protecting of themselves.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, but after it has been shaken up it will still separate.......
    And it isn't really as good when that happens.

Unless you like every different thing separated.

Because, that's always worked so well for everyone in the past....

Top Bottom