• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My JEEP is my only vehicle. When it rains, top and doors come back on. It's NO fun getting caught in the rain topless.

Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

LOL...

I drive my Jeep probably 90% of the time. Actually, the only times I can think of when I am driving something else is when I am either Hauling something or working on mine...

I love driving around without the top on in the rain...
    Maybe I am weird?!

Which reminds me I really need to replace the sending unit in my Fuel Tank... :(
    It is kinda nice to be able to tell how much gas is still in the tank...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My 78...
    She is a solid 50/50 Jeep...
    It is rough, barely runs right on a good day. Needs repaired almost every time you start it.
    IMG_1219.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Its crazy how much Jeeps HAVEN'T changed over the years. At a quick glance you couldn't guess how old that was.

LOL! :D

To your eye it is hard to tell the age/model. It is like if I placed a Pic of a Glock in front of you. I would be willing to bet you could break down your description to what generation and several other details on the Glock.

I would almost bet there are several Jeepers on here that could almost give me a component breakdown of my 1978 CJ-7 from the Pic, based off just the fact that it is a an almost stock CJ...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Agreed!

But show a 1978 ANYTHING and compare it to a 2011 model and I guarantee you it will be pretty easy to tell which one is which. To the untrained eye a Jeep would be tough!

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    owning a jeep " wrangler"...mine is a yj....is just something a lot of people want to do, once you do own one its like havig a AR just so much you can do to it.....and its tons of fun to drive around top less all summer!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    lovemachine those are the Neoprene Covers right?!

The Rockers look pretty good on there as well.

I am wanting to either slip some YJ Springs or Coils under mine...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yep, and they make your back sweat on a very hot day, they don't breath.

BUT, they are damned comfy. I like them.

That is what I thought and one of the reasons I went with the Bestop ones. Well that and having seats that can get rained on all freaking day and be good to go with a quick swipe with just a rag is pretty groovy to. The Only thing I really have against them is the get HOT (like the 8th level of Hell type of Hot) when left in the Sun. Trade offs?!:dunno:;)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have had Wranglers, great fun, turns on a dime, you can go anywhere, but not very practical. I like practical vehicles.

So about 6 years ago I bought a Jeep Cherokee Sport with 193K on the odometer for $2,000. 6 years later, I have 248K on the odometer and have spent very little in maintenance. Sure a few things went south like the drivers side door falling off but that was because a good wind took it when the stop for the door was not attached. Not the jeeps fault.

My GF calls it a POS. I love that vehicle and will keep it going as long as I can. It also has the heavy duty tow package on it for pulling 5K lbs. You can only pull 2K with the Wrangler due to the short wheelbase.

I wouldn't mind having another Wrangler, but for wind in the face, I will ride my motorcycle.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Stock Cherokee with a 2" shackle and spacer lift on BFG All Terrains.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvez2FSnbf0&feature=related[/ame]

Top Bottom