• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    It's a "least practical vehicle ever made unless all you want to do is climb hills that go nowhere thing" thats why you don't understand. It's like a glock thing or a 1911 thing or a AR15 thing... oh wait... or an XD thing. :D

if you want practical, buy an XJ (regular old Cherokee). It has the same driveline as a Wrangler, will tow more, haul more, and go everywhere the wrangler will. :)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

I will concur with you on this. I had a TJ for over 100K miles. Never had any of those issues. I did have other 'common' issues like having to replace the radiator due to the plastic ends leaking, having to replace the cracked exhaust manifold, but other than that it was one of the most reliable and trouble free vehicles Ive had. Hell, the battery in it was still the original battery 10 years and 100,000 miles later!

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    It's really a GMC Sonoma thing, and noone understands...

Shhh! Don't tell any GMC guys I'm also a Jeep owner...

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    :stickpoke:

1573.jpg

Take it easy guys; props to the Jeeps but I'm still a fan of the Fullsize 2 door SUV's. Before anyone ask, I do not have this sticker on anything nor does it burn when I pee. :D

Back in '04 I sold my fullsize 2 door '86 GMC Jimmy and was going to inquire about a TJ but it had sold before I called. Next day I found my current 2 door Tahoe. I keep eyeballing Jeeps all the time but I can't give up my 'Hoe.:yesway:

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    There isn't much jeep left in mine besides the tub, chevy engine, drivetrain and wiring, ford rearend. Totally redone from the ground up and is a blast. Top comes off in the spring and doesn't go back on till winter. Started life as a YJ, but has some CJ and TJ mixed in now too along with the other parts :)

er097c.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Jeep thing is just hard to explain. I love my 95 Grand Cherokee, got the 5.2 liter (318 for you non mopar guys) a towing package which I 've towed over the limit with several times. Finally got some decent AT tires for it now, can't wait to get it off road at the Badlands in Attica. It's not a rock crawler but it'll do ok in the dirt I expect. And mine still has solid axels, 4lo and 4hi no fancy independent supension or Quadratrac just plain full time 4WD!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    if you want practical, buy an XJ (regular old Cherokee). It has the same driveline as a Wrangler, will tow more, haul more, and go everywhere the wrangler will. :)

How about a 4 door Wrangler JK? It does everything a Cherokee can do, but with the top down, doors off, and with a Rubicon, diffs locked and sway bar disconnected. :rockwoot:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Lockers aren't cheap, and neither are electric operated disconnects.:rolleyes: Of course nothing is 'cheap" anymore. I'll stick with my $8000 '00 XJ.:yesway:

Anyone seen the conversion kit for the Wrangler? For a mere $5400 you can convert your run of the mill Wrangler into a pickup. Kit is factory Mopar parts. Looks sweet!:D

diamonddav

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    martinsville
    how about us SQUARE HEADLIGHT guys,any haters out there? I cant see em from behind the wheel.if i squint i cant see them on other wranglers either ha ha

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    The lack of the 4.0l in the new jeeps was the last straw for me. I will never understand why a company like jeep will not listen to their loyal customers. The straight six was a epic engine. Any new jeep of mine will be a older jeep. When those are gone Toyota here I come.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    The lack of the 4.0l in the new jeeps was the last straw for me. I will never understand why a company like jeep will not listen to their loyal customers. The straight six was a epic engine. Any new jeep of mine will be a older jeep. When those are gone Toyota here I come.

Yeah torque wise the V6 they now use is probably gutless compared to the 4.0L. Problem with the 4.0 was it was an old AMC design and wasn't all that efficent. What killed me was all the "cash for clunkers" 4.0's I saw that they poured liquid glass into.:xmad:

Although I have seen where Chrysler has the inline 6 for sale again thru the parts department. It is a stroker motor actually, a 4.2 or 4.7 liter or something like that.:dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There are two vehicles I have wanted to own ever since I was a young fella, a Jeep or a full sized ford Bronco. I finally got an old Bronco a few weeks ago, and everyday I go out to the garage and admire her (I'm currently putting a new brake system on her, and painting). I can't imagine myself being any more thrilled by owning a Jeep, but, who knows, maybe someday I'll get to know that feeling too.

Top Bottom