• Total voters

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Will probably do a write in. . . not really sure who yet. Cruz possibly.

Maybe even Ace. . would love to have a rocker in the white house who wears a cape. :rockwoot:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, you don't believe that a shift in the supreme court will be a problem?

Sure, it'd be a problem. If people want pro-2A and reliable SCOTUS picks... why not vote for Johnson or McMullen if it's that important? Both have a better 2A record than Clinton or Trump.

I guess we have to assume that she'd run in a similar manner as Obama... by Exec Order instead of through congress. I half expect her to get impeached, because I also expect a GOP-heavy Congress.

GPIA7R,
    Good comments I hope you are right.
    I am gonna be on the winning side whoever wins.
    You see some animals are more equal than others!
    I am also guiding trips on the Ohio river. For a small sum of $101.00 I will testify that you lost all of your fireams in the river on the trip.

I may take you up on that service one day. Do I get a receipt or invoice?

Therein lies the crux of the problem for me...I can vote my values or I can vote for the Supreme Court. If Hillary wins, she may not get any of her policies through and she may not get any headway on the anti 2A front but her activist Supreme Court nominee(s) will be there long after she is gone.

Who'll appoint them? I still think she'd be up against a GOP congress.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Will probably do a write in. . . not really sure who yet. Cruz possibly.

That would be good for you.

Sure, it'd be a problem. If people want anti-2A and unreliable SCOTUS picks... why not vote for Johnson or McMullen if it's that important? Both have a better 2A record than Clinton or Trump.

FIFY

We don't need a third party spoiler, there will be a vote for everyone in the country and Hillary will win 27%, Trump 15%, Al Bundy 3%,
    Johnson 0.1%, McMullen 0.01% and 205,000 single votes for others.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    FIFY

We don't need a third party spoiler, there will be a vote for everyone in the country and Hillary will win 27%, Trump 15%, Al Bundy 3%,
    Johnson 0.1%, McMullen 0.01% and 205,000 single votes for others.

Then go back to the primaries... there were better 2A/SCOTUS choices in the GOP field... and people that would actually have a ground game... and put actual money into this... and have a real fighting chance to win and pick up more of these pissed Bernie-bros.

Why not choose them? Why get duped into backing the one that was guaranteed to lose? I mean... if 2A/SCOTUS really mattered.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Then go back to the primaries... there were better 2A/SCOTUS choices in the GOP field... and people that would actually have a ground game... and put actual money into this... and have a real fighting chance to win and pick up more of these pissed Bernie-bros.

Why not choose them? Why get duped into backing the one that was guaranteed to lose? I mean... if 2A/SCOTUS really mattered.

Unless that is supposed to be purple, You may not have noticed the primaries are over. They couldn't garner the votes to get the nomination, I have to assume you are trying to get Hillary elected. Maybe you believe that after a few years the light will go on in all of our heads and we will all become Obtuse Libertarians and all think alike.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Unless that is supposed to be purple, You may not have noticed the primaries are over. They couldn't garner the votes to get the nomination, I have to assume you are trying to get Hillary elected. Maybe you believe that after a few years the light will go on in all of our heads and we will all become Obtuse Libertarians and all think alike.

Nothing in what he said in anyway remotely supports the proposition that he is trying to get Hillary elected.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

My point was... why not choose someone more 2A/SCOTUS friendly back then?

"trying to get hillary elected"... come on, don't say silly things. Nothing I've said implies this.

No, I was as Conservative as they came before this election. Maybe you didn't read many of my posts until today. However, after this election cycle, I'll no longer consider myself a "Republican"... I still have my values, and I'll vote for the candidate that closely aligns with them. Right now, there is no candidate.

The GOP definitely does not align with my values anymore. They want to back a Democrat, they want to back a guy that's for unconstitutional S&F, or an all-around anti-1A bully who will sue to shut people up.... that isn't me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

You answer your own question. There was such a talented field that the votes were split among them. Combine that with the ego of each candidate that thought they could win that they stayed in the race until it was too late.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

"trying to get hillary elected"... come on, don't say silly things. Nothing I've said implies this.

No, I was as Conservative as they came before this election. Maybe you didn't read many of my posts until today. However, after this election cycle, I'll no longer consider myself a "Republican"... I still have my values, and I'll vote for the candidate that closely aligns with them. Right now, there is no candidate.

The GOP definitely does not align with my values anymore. They want to back a Democrat, they want to back a guy that's for unconstitutional S&F, or an all-around anti-1A bully who will sue to shut people up.... that isn't me.

You forgot that he's also for seizing firearms from citizens via stop and frisk. And his buddies at the NRA are fully behind him.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Well I didn't vote for trump in the primary, but it didn't make any difference.

Suggesting multiple people to vote for will just make a lot of write in votes for people (who may be very good folks) that are unelectable.

I am also a Constitutional conservative. I will anything to keep Hillary out so there is only one alternative. I will not waste my vote on a really good conservative who can not win this time.

I agree The gop is not what I once thought it was, it was broken when RR was nominated and when Newt was speaker. It is a horse with two broken legs that needs to be shot. The Democrat party is a malignant cancer.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I used to be a fairly Moderate Republican. I didnt understand why people carried guns, I supported tax hikes, etc. About 8 years ago I started researching gun ownership, which led me to a lot of Right leaning websites, of course, that led me to more "Tea party" or Libertarian pages, etc.

Now I am a pro gun, pro carry, Constitutional Conservative with Libertarian leanings :)

So yeah, people can be converted, but with this election? Uhm, I dont think I can be convinced to vote for any of them lol

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You forgot that he's also for seizing firearms from citizens via stop and frisk. And his buddies at the NRA are fully behind him.

Yep, seeing them all try to pretend it's constitutional, and Pence come out and say it's totally legal.... That helped shake off whatever I had left with these people.

Top Bottom