• Total voters

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I'm voting Trump as a middle finger to the establishment media and the braindead "liberals" (nothing of the sort).

I also am hoping Trump's presidency will cause major gridlock and he'll use that to go to the people and rile them up for a few important things to fix the country.

Hey, I can dream, right?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    You guys have ticked me off good this year. I'm voting a straight Democrat ticket.

IF you have any, why don't you just go ahead and turn in your guns now. Voting straight Democrat will have that causal effect.

Posts like this make me question the belief of the poster in the Second Amendment. I view these comments as inflammatory only with no constructive purpose.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :lol2: I am amazed when liberal anti-gunners want to hang out here just to troll. Makes you wonder what their motivation is?

:dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The threshold for a Terry stop is Reasonable Suspicion.

It seems that Stop and Frisk is believed to have a lower threshold of Suspicion. In effect stop any young POC and frisk him for no reason at all.

Rudy Giuliani used Stop and Frisk in NYC and confiscated thousands of illegally possessed firearms and lowered the murder rate from over 2000 to over 500.

Bottom line it didn't work.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The threshold for a Terry stop is Reasonable Suspicion.

It seems that Stop and Frisk is believed to have a lower threshold of Suspicion. In effect stop any young POC and frisk him for no reason at all.

Rudy Giuliani used Stop and Frisk in NYC and confiscated thousands of illegally possessed firearms and lowered the murder rate from over 2000 to over 500.

Bottom line it didn't work.

Thanks Blue...I joke around so much I am worried a serious inquiry may get lost in the antics....It seems when discussing "stop and frisk" there had to be some "reasonable suspicion" in order to do so and the grey area is what is "reasonable suspicion" and more importantly who defines it???

(Lord I sound like Kut sometimes....)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Thanks Blue...I joke around so much I am worried a serious inquiry may get lost in the antics....It seems when discussing "stop and frisk" there had to be some "reasonable suspicion" in order to do so and the grey area is what is "reasonable suspicion" and more importantly who defines it???

(Lord I sound like Kut sometimes....)
    Reasonable suspicion of a crime is the standard for a Terry stop. Articulable evidence to reasonably believe a validly Terry stopped person is both armed and dangerous is the standard for a Terry frisk.

Stop and frisk most commonly refers to a policy in a large metropolitan area of enacting criminal statutes for very very petty things so that the police can Terry stop most anyone they want at any time. In New York City, if memory serves, they regulate who may go into public housing and then stop everyone they don't recognize on suspicion of criminal trespass. Officers are then directed to frisk persons so stopped based upon things like furtive movements.

The policy is on its face in conformity with the Terry case. In practice, it is generally used to stop anyone (minorities) who looks suspicious in higher crime areas, and then to pat them down with little or no actual justification. NYPD was so consistently abusive in its implementation of the policy, that it got slapped down in federal court.

I personally find this sort of gaming of the system to be inconsistent with a free people and of highly questionable constitutional soundness. Unsurprisingly, the current candidate for the (Authoritarian) Republican Party loves it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Incredibly important is that in this election you're voting for either a liberal or conservative Supreme Court. Whoever gets elected President will be making those appointments but your vote will have helped put them in position to do it. 2A will only be the first right we lose if Hillary gets elected and has a sympathetic Congress.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is directed to no one in particular, so no butt hurt intended.

Q: Who did you vote for in the primaries?

A: Yes. Please continue.

A: No. Do whatever you like it doesn't matter.

Q: Did they receive the nomination?

A: Yes. Good for you. Vote for them in November.

A: No. Please get over it and vote again in November.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This is directed to no one in particular, so no butt hurt intended.

Q: Who did you vote for in the primaries?

A: Yes. Please continue.

A: No. Do whatever you like it doesn't matter.

Q: Did they receive the nomination?

A: Yes. Good for you. Vote for them in November.

A: No. Please get over it and vote again in November.

I appreciate the confirmation, I already pretty much do whatever I like. :)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I love how the people who say that the polls dictate that one must vote for a main party "viable" candidate ignore that the polls also dictate that voting for a main party candidate in Indiana is meaningless. According to those polls you base "viability" on, Indiana isn't a swing state so maybe a bunch of y'all should stop hysterically acting like it is.

If Trump loses Indiana, he has been crushed much worse in a bunch of other must win states.

Top Bottom