• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I like James' videos (aside from the foul language) and agree with most of what he says on guns, but I also agree that he didn't need to make this video. You may be Chuck Norris but guess what? There is always a Bruce Lee that might show up. And by doing this kind of thing, you don't just put yourself in harms way, you put your family right there with you.

I saw it when it was posted and commented to ask him why he would post this and empower the people that are saying these things and his response was: "Because I $#%ing want to" Fine, your right I guess.

He tells another guy to quit giving him legal advice... His ego seems to get in the way of common sense and that is dangerous thing I don't care how much of a tough guy you are.

Just my 2 cents.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Shoot someone in self defense with reloads and the prosecutor will claim that you loaded a nuclear tipped bullet designed to wipe out an entire village. What will that same prosecutor say when he finds out you received training from Yeager?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shoot someone in self defense with reloads and the prosecutor will claim that you loaded a nuclear tipped bullet designed to wipe out an entire village. What will that same prosecutor say when he finds out you received training from Yeager?

That's a very good point.

A prosecutor could paint a "wanna be -soldier of fortune" pretty easily by showing a jury a couple YouTube videos.

"So mister defendant, you learned your so-called self defense methodology from THIS character?!?"

*winces*

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    That's a very good point.

A prosecutor could paint a "wanna be -soldier of fortune" pretty easily by showing a jury a couple YouTube videos.

"So mister defendant, you learned your so-called self defense methodology from THIS character?!?"

*winces*

That's the issue. He's really set himself up for a nice legal issues if he gets in to a fight or anything like that. He's going to have a HELL of a legal bill just trying to deal with his YouTube Channel

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I can't speak to his tactics, his classes, or his knowledge of self defense topics; he may be excellent. I will say that I did learn something from this video. Don't be that guy. Don't be the guy who keeps repeating "say it to my face! I betcha won't say it to my face!" It's juvenile, it's petty, and it's sad. He reminds me of every punk I've ever seen get into a bar fight over something stupid. I'm just waiting for him to pull his shirt off and start throwing his hands up while his "boys" hold him back. Let it go already, I think it's a good lesson. Or is the point of this type of video to draw attention? If he's as good of a trainer as esrice, Shay, and others say he is, why the need for pro wrestling tactics? Maybe he's a marketing genius, I don't know...

This^^

Juvenile videos like this are why I have a hard time taking him seriously. If I had extra money( with three kids, that doesn't happen often :n00b:) I would not spend it with someone who doesn't have the maturity level to ignore people on the internet (of all things) calling him a coward. I would rather spend it on a successful trainer who lets their training and past experience speak for them.

But to each their own.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah I just got this today. Pretty sweet eh?

2edp14y.jpg

Do the batteries last very long or does it run down fast?

The reason I ask was because I had a Yeager phone but I had to get rid of it.... it had some major defects.

My review is as follows:

1. Volume Control: It only had LOUD, you couldn't quiet it down at all. Sometimes it would go off without provocation, probably a defect in the software package.

2. Battery Life: Batteries would run out right when you needed them the most.

3. Vibrate: It did not have a vibrate function it had "Twitch".

4. Auto Correct: The auto correct function on this device sucked. It changed all my suspect words to four letter words.

5. Case: All of the cases and skins for this phone seemed to be designed for a smaller phone.

6: Antenna: Tiny antenna, limited range.

3/10

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The reason I ask was because I had a Yeager phone but I had to get rid of it.... it had some major defects.

My review is as follows:

1. Volume Control: It only had LOUD, you couldn't quiet it down at all. Sometimes it would go off without provocation, probably a defect in the software package.

2. Battery Life: Batteries would run out right when you needed them the most.

3. Vibrate: It did not have a vibrate function it had "Twitch".

4. Auto Correct: The auto correct function on this device sucked. It changed all my suspect words to four letter words.

5. Case: All of the cases and skins for this phone seemed to be designed for a smaller phone.

6: Antenna: Tiny antenna, limited range.

3/10

YOU, however, get a 5/10 for creativity, but an 8/10 for effort.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I know almost NOTHING about this guy.
    But, out of the four or five videos I've seen on INGO, I've heard him threaten to kick an INGO members ass, and now this.

If you've only seen 4 or 5 videos, and at least two of them were like the one above, I would encourage you to view several others to get a more complete picture. Most of his videos are centered on various training topics, with some good information presented. Others, like this one, are posted as a form of marketing to get people talking (and boy does it work).

What good can come from posting videos like this?

For him, it gets his name and the name of his training company out there. It also makes him $$ from YouTube.

For me, it gets people here on INGO to join in hot-topic discussions, whether they be about 1911s, open carry, or the man himself.

They obviously impress esrice.

Every time Yeager opens his pie-hole, his videos get posted here. I would think those who were interested would already be subscribers to Yeager's youtube channel. :dunno:

I do subscribe to his YouTube channel, as well as many other similar channels. That's why you often see me posting content from Paul Gomez, Rob Pincus, Daniel Defense, Surefire, Travis Haley, Armed Dynamics, any many others. How often I share the content depends on how often they upload new videos. As you can see, Yeager uploads videos with more regularity than anyone. (there's a joke in there somewhere ;))

I make sure to preface such videos with a thread title that reflects exactly what is inside. So its up to you as the reader to decide if you want to view the thread and join in the discussion.

As for my own personal opinion of Yeager, I thinks its been pretty well documented here before.

Although effective, I think his marketing style is too aggressive.

I could care less about the foul language, as long as I understand that before I watch the video around polite company. He trains average folks to kill other human beings so I'll get over a few 4-letter words.

I don't comment on his actions on Irish because I have zero experience in such situations of my own to draw from. And I'm smart enough to realize that the 2-minute dash cam clip did not capture enough detail of the ambush to make any substantial tactical observations.

Rather than joining the trash-talking fray I took the opportunity to once meet Yeager in person. He seemed like every other guy I've ever met at a training class. When he offered me the opportunity to train down at Tactical Response I accepted. I might as well get an inside look before passing total judgement. Bonus is the fact that I will be able to share the experience with INGOers.

I know "hero worship" and "bromance" are more interesting ways to describe my posting history so I have no problem laughing right along with everyone else. :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm still waiting for all the whiners about Yeager's videos to post us up some better alternatives. Get with it, get out the camera, make us some training vids!

Even Mr. Yeager will admit that in some of his vids he is out on the edge of knowing the subject matter. Ya'll can beat that. Cmon, lets make some alternatives to this guy you hate...

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Ok, here it goes.
    Regarding what happened in Iraq with Yeager and Co.- I just watched the video a bunch more times. I've seen it before now but wanted to refresh my old failing memory. He admits to making mistakes. Do I believe any of those mistakes cost lives? No as the AAR states, the deaths were a result of the initial fire. Were there enough mistakes made that made the incident much worse than it should have been? Yes at all levels. Did what happened that day change the SOP's for companies operating in Iraq at that time and since? Yes, so lessons learned.
    Here is where I have issues with this board and many others as well as a lot of people in general. Unless you were there, taking fire with them, 20/20 hindsight and armchair commanding is easy and also B.S. I spent almost 3 years in Iraq as a contractor. 2004, 2007-2009, and in 2011. I rode on that route more than a few times. I know exactly where they were hit.
    Imagine you are going down I-65/ 69 expecting trouble from somewhere but you don't know where. Imagine you are in a regular vehicle with your closest friends/ family with you and in other cars. You get stuck in traffic because of an accident etc. You sit there because your convoy/ group leader says to as the vehicles you are driving are not made to go across rough terrain. Finally you get the "do something" signal and at the same time you start taking FULLY AUTOMATIC fire from your flank and several of your group, including close friends, are killed around you and in your vehicle. I don't want any answers as we will have the time to think about it but what I DO want people to think about is the next time they are driving down the road, what they would do if that happened to them.
    On the marketing end of Mr. Yeager- It's brillant in the sense that he is bringing income in for him. Do I agree with everything? Of couse not but I don't agree 100% with anybody or anything! It seems to be working for him as, again, he is making money at it. If you think his training is worth it, go.
    If his language offends you, don't watch but keep in mind that language doesn't reflect much of anything. Get out in the REAL world where people wear big boy panties and play by big boy rules and stop this "holier than thou" crap. In certain circles peoples frail little "sensibilities" don't get hurt so easily and really don't mean a ***ing thing.
    Bottom line for me, as reflected in my post count, is if I have no experience in the topic or don't have much to add I just observe and watch the show. I could not do that in this instance as I was just too close to situations like this and it created an urge to add my .02 to this. But what do I know. I'm just an old retired Grunt:dunno:

Bob

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes, some people worship the guy like he's a God. I don't personally know him, so I can't judge his character. I will say he comes off as an arrogant prick in some of his videos. Throughout my life, it's always the ones that claim how bad ass they are, that get their ass beat first. I have never been in a fight, because I don't let petty **** talking bring me down to the level of some arrogant jack ass. I look at it this way. Talk ****, be prepared to back it up. Run your mouth long enough, and it will catch up to you. Before anyone gets their panties in a twist saying I hate him or his videos. I have watched quite a few of his videos. He does have some very good points at times.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    cars dont stop bullets. moving away from behind the vehicle that bullets are going right through was sensible.

for the people calling him coward would it have been better if he had stayed behind the car that was getting Swiss cheesed and gotten killed also?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I know almost NOTHING about this guy.
    But, out of the four or five videos I've seen on INGO, I've heard him threaten to kick an INGO members ass, and now this.
    What good can come from posting videos like this?
    Is it supposed to make him look like a bad ass?
    Should we be afraid of him?
    I just don't see how these kind of videos can earn him any new "students"!

And drop the foul language! It really doesn't seem very mature!

Just my opinion!

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on him too. I could not care less about what I could learn from him because I won't give him the chance.

I've met a lot of people from INGO and none of them act like him. That tells me something.

Top Bottom