• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd vote for Trey Gowdy every day, and twice on Sunday, but sadly, it seams he's ready for a rest from public life. I hope you're right though, as he's about the sharpest person I've ever seen in Washington, or anywhere, for that matter. The following vid is just a taste of Gowdy. Anyone interested can find a boatload of equally interesting vids on the Youtube. If you can't tell, I like the guy!

[video=youtube;NN1d6_h9skc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN1d6_h9skc[/video]

Gowdy wants to pretend we live in a perfect world, where the judiciary is unquestionably credible and above criticism. He's a class act but the problem is our opponents don't play by the rules.

If you want to win in this situation, you're going to have to throw the rule book out or you will be hanged by it. Gowdy isn't dirty enough to do what needs done.

You can scream constitution all day long, but if your opponents don't respect those restrictions and say it's a living document, you're never going to get anywhere and you will be destroyed. It's literally like saying your boxer must play by the rules, while the opponent is throwing kicks and punching below the belt. You didn't start the fight, but it's on you to end the fight.

People on our side of the isle understand this when it comes to self defense, saying they'd break the law to save their life or the lives of their family members, but they don't quite understand this is exactly the same situation.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    About something completely unrelated to the original investigation.

Agreed, and about something that wasn't really anybodies business but the people involved and his wife.

Many executives went to jail for sexual harassment in that era. Except for Bill Clinton of course...

They went to jail or we're sued? And it isn't harassment if the person is willing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Many executives went to jail for sexual harassment in that era. Except for Bill Clinton of course...

No they didn't. Not "many." Not "jail." Not "sexual harassment."

Link or it didn't happen.

yea, kinda like the tax dodgers that Mueller "caught", right?

Paul Manafort? He's been dirty for a LONG time. Guilty is guilty.

I'm not justifying the special counsel mission creep. I'm just saying that it now part of the Washington DC process. Because of Republicans.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    yea, kinda like the tax dodgers that Mueller "caught", right? Almost worth the two years of BS and many millions of your dollars.

A bit more than tax dodging when sovereign foreign states are involved.

Why do you justify crime when it's clear that criminals are anathema to democracy? Because they are Trump lackeys?

Shame!!!!

shame-on-you-gif-3.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No they didn't. Not "many." Not "jail." Not "sexual harassment."

Link or it didn't happen.

Paul Manafort? He's been dirty for a LONG time. Guilty is guilty.

I'm not justifying the special counsel mission creep. I'm just saying that it now part of the Washington DC process. Because of Republicans.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to T.Lex again.

giphy.gif

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Sessions was a disappointment. The recusal did it for me. Trump needs a competent attack dog

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    About something completely unrelated to the original investigation.

Darn special prosecutors, you can't keep them in their pen. You'd think a lawyer would know better about that perjury thing. I believe Billy Jeff was still disbarred, though

Can we assume you would accord Trump the same sympathy if impeachment was attempted by partisans for something unrelated to [strike]Russia Russia Russia[/strike] collusion

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Darn special prosecutors, you can't keep them in their pen. You'd think a lawyer would know better about that perjury thing. I believe Billy Jeff was still disbarred, though

Can we assume you would accord Trump the same sympathy if impeachment was attempted by partisans for something unrelated to [strike]Russia Russia Russia[/strike] collusion

So that's awkward.

In my youth, I was in favor of the Starr investigation of Clinton because we should have faith in the office of the president. Lying under oath is bad and if the House believes it impeachment-worthy, that's a political decision. I had ABSOLUTELY no sympathy for Clinton.

In my current ... relative unyouthfulness... I question whether that was the right decision, the impeachment. I still don't have any sympathy for Clinton, but can't help but acknowledge who opened the lid on that particular one of Pandora's boxes.

I favor consistency in process. If the process allows for mission creep, then that cuts both ways.

Top Bottom