• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would only recommend burning Colt gear because they are not the Bears. :laugh:

OTOH, I have seen people in prominent positions come out against the bill over the past couple of days. My question is, where are the advocates for the bill? Was this simply political posturing on the part of the authors, just to show they are 2A supporters? Do they not have anyone on their side such as the mayor, business owners, or other owners?

BTW, Bears gear can be purchased online.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Im not going to burn Colts gear because he doesn't want guns in Lucas Oil. He has a huge investment in that team and doesnt want to risk that. Just like the article says, by purchasing the ticket you enter into a contract, if that contract says no guns, deal with it or dont go.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I believe that Lucas Oil Stadium is owned by a state agency, is it not?

Doesn't that make it "public" ??

I was always curious how publicly owned property can be considered "private"... or at least treated as such in ordinances.

Last edited:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    He is a pill popping junky that should have gone to federal prison. He bought his way out of the pokey when he got caught stashing thousands of pills on his private jet and running them to california.

He was the old Nora Apothecary's favorite customer. He ate pain meds like Pez candy and now he wants to tell me how to live?

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    He is a pill popping junky that should have gone to federal prison. He bought his way out of the pokey when he got caught stashing thousands of pills on his private jet and running them to california.

He was the old Nora Apothecary's favorite customer. He ate pain meds like Pez candy and now he wants to tell me how to live?

^^^^^This:yesway:
    I am a season ticket holder, love football and the Colts. But Irsay always has been a friekin lib. He should keep his mouth shut and stay out of politics. Law abiding gun owners are not causing the problems downtown.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I wonder if he has the hoodlums on his team frisked for handguns when they come into the building or the practice complex. I would bet that the criminal element of the Dolts all carry firearms.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    To be fair, the only Colt I've known to have a serious charge was Marvin Harrison and I'm not sure what happened in the end, but I think those charges were dropped. But, to lump all athletes into the same pile with those who have been charged and convicted of serious criminal activity is just what is happening with us. ALL gun carrying citizens are nothing more than criminals and potential criminals, at least by their standards. Most of us are not criminals and neither are a vast majority of professional athletes.

Most people who possess a LTCH carry for self defense. The major places we desire to protect ourselves are those places where our family member accompany us: library, museum, athletic events, plays, etc. Second, at least for me, is at work. Most people can keep their guns in their trunks, but that is useless when someone is shooting in a factory break room. Then, if someone goes to their car to get a gun, they may be brought up on charges for "something". The third place we want protection is in our homes, but they have not touched that one, yet.

I'm still wondering when the advocates for this bill are going to come out. The other side is bring out some big-guns. It just makes me wonder if this is really just for show.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

SO TRUE
    , But You Omitted Millionaire TAXPAYER LEECH
    :noway:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Eh big deal, nothing changes. They still don't allow firearms in LOS and if it is known you will be asked to leave just as it is now. Seems like a non issue to me.

Life is short, don't sweat the small stuff.

T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    GO COLTS!!!!!!! It doesnt bother me to leave my Glock in the car when going into a large venue. Everyone else is doing the same thing

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    Im not going to burn Colts gear because he doesn't want guns in Lucas Oil. He has a huge investment in that team and doesnt want to risk that. Just like the article says, by purchasing the ticket you enter into a contract, if that contract says no guns, deal with it or dont go.

It wouldn't be a very big fire anyway. :D (A t-shirt and sweatshirt) As far as dealing with it or not going, I chose not to go. Although I have always chose not to go. I have way better things to spend my money on than buying an overpriced ticket to a football game. (such as :ar15::ar15::ar15:)

I believe that Lucas Oil Stadium is owned by a state agency, is it not?

Doesn't that make it "public" ??

I was always curious how publicly owned property can be considered "private"... or at least treated as such in ordinances.

Yes it is and yes it does. It is the ISCBA. (Indiana Stadium & Convention Building Authority) The proposed legislation would fix that issue. Not only with the lucas oil stadium, but with other venues as well.

I haven't been to an event downtown for quite some time (>5yrs) until last month when the GF an I went to Disney on Ice. Even at an event such as that I still felt funny having to walk to and from my vehicle without protection.

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    GO COLTS!!!!!!! It doesnt bother me to leave my Glock in the car when going into a large venue. Everyone else is doing the same thing

Everyone except the criminals. If a federal law won't stop them what makes you think that a no weapons allowed sign would? :dunno:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Irsay is a Douche!! First he threatens to move the team if we (the taxpayers) don't cough up the dough for a new stadium, now he wants to tell us how things are going to be run there. i wish this guy would just overdose already :ranton:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's the way things work today, you pay the bill, he gets the cash and tells you what to do. I can't even eat in Hancock county without giving up some of my money to Jimmy. So many taxed to provide a niagra of cash, power, and benifits for very few, and all legal.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

24 to go!

That's not the point, the point is that Irsay doesn't care about you. Read his tweets when asked about it. Pretty much throws up on the crowd, then holds his hand out for money. He is about the money, okay. But when he considers us sheep and idiots (some more than others) and that only HE and the CHOSEN can protect themselves? Disgusting.

Their mindset is, as long as he is making money, he doesn't care about us. "There's more fans where those came from" is his approach. Have fun being a disarmed, drunken sheep. :noway:

Top Bottom