• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    How exactly are democrats doing this? Do you think only those who vote republican are buying firearms right now? The fact that so many try to turn everything into politics is absolutely what’s destroying this country. Meanwhile the middle class is evaporating and the world is creating more billionaires and more have nots.

So many people are being robbed right in front of their eyes. I don’t think the violence stops anytime soon. You have a group of people who are unaffected by any of the economical conditions right now because of various reasons... wealth, ability to work Remote, etc... then you have a group who is losing their jobs and left with nothing. Government is supplementing the big business who already have employees who are “unaffected” and you just have these two different worlds that will inevitably collide.

I don’t think anything gets better despite who gets elected and I think even if Trump is re-elected that gun rights are in danger.

Ok, I have to to reply to a couple of your points here.

Yes, the middle class is disappearing. This is a GOOD thing. And no, we don't have more "have nots". The truth is that we have less people below middle class, less middle class and more high income earners than we did 50 years ago. And this is in adjusted dollars, not just raw numbers. People have more opportunities and are taking advantage of that and they are moving up. We will always have the "have nots", for reasons I don't really need to expound on right now, as it's not the topic of this thread.

As to the people who are losing their jobs and being left with nothing, that is a direct result of the government nanny state, interfering with businesses and proclaiming that the government is a better judge of what risks the people should take, rather than letting people decide for themselves what risk level they are willing to tolerate. I feel bad for people who have suffered under these government restrictions, I really do, and I think the government went way too far with their containment measures.

Which kind of leads to the original topic. The last response we should have to overzealous government control is MORE government control. Setting aside Biden's desire for a national mask mandate to further damage the economy, his wish list of Second Amendment infringements would turn me into a felon or a corpse. I will not comply with a registration scheme, and I will not allow the government to "buy back" that which they never owned in the first place. I will actively resist any effort that attempts to force me to do either. They will have to put me in prison or put me down. I will not comply, and that leaves it up to the government to determine how to react to that.

That's how strongly I feel about my Second Amendment right. It is the only right that truly protects all my other rights. It was not granted to me by the government, but by my very existence as a human. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let it be taken away by a government.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ok, I have to to reply to a couple of your points here.

Yes, the middle class is diappearing. This is a GOOD thing. And no, we don't have more "have nots". The truth is that we have less people below middle class, less middle class and more high income earners than we did 50 years ago. And this is in adjusted dollars, not just raw numbers. People have more opportunities and are taking advantage of that and they are moving up. We will always have the "have nots", for reasons I don't really need to expound on right now, as it's not the topic of this thread.

As to the people who are losing their jobs and being left with nothing, that is a direct result of the government nanny state, interfering with businesses and proclaiming that the government is a better judge of what risks the people should take, rather than letting people decide for themselves what risk level they are willing to tolerate. I feel bad for people who have suffered under these government restrictions, I really do, and I think the government went way too far with their containment measures.

Which kind of leads to the original topic. The last response we should have to overzealous government control is MORE government control. Setting aside Biden's desire for a national mask mandate to further damage the economy, his wish list of Second Amendment infringements would turn me into a felon or a corpse. I will not comply with a registration scheme, and I will not allow the government to "buy back" that which they never owned in the first place. I will actively resist any effort that attempts to force me to do either. They will have to put me in prison or put me down. I will not comply, and that leaves it up to the government to determine how to react to that.

That's how strongly I feel about my Second Amendment right. It is the only right that truly protects all my other rights. It was not granted to me by the government, but by my very existence as a human. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let it be taken away by a government.

But, but, Orange man bad...
    Did you forget?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

When did INGO get rid of the rep button?! I've been gone for too long.
    Well said!

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Wow. People are free to have their own opinions, but some of the things i read here, on a GUN forum, would be like Jewish people preaching that the SS were actually decent people.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    You know I'm just gonna say it; the Democrats would stand a better chance if they'd just back off their gun control stance. I haven't seen what the Republicans have done at the national level in a long time. For instance, why has the national reciprocity bill never left the Senate? Off topic, I know, but still, it's hard for me to see what Tump has done besides ban bump stocks. Biden can push all the executive orders he wants but none of that crap is going to happen. It'll all get shot down in court or he won't even mess with it. Gun control to the Democrats is treated the same as gun rights to the Republicans; the candidates for these parties always act as if they're going to do something but nothing ever happens, save for the AWB in 94.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You know I'm just gonna say it; the Democrats would stand a better chance if they'd just back off their gun control stance. I haven't seen what the Republicans have done at the national level in a long time. For instance, why has the national reciprocity bill never left the Senate? Off topic, I know, but still, it's hard for me to see what Tump has done besides ban bump stocks. Biden can push all the executive orders he wants but none of that crap is going to happen. It'll all get shot down in court or he won't even mess with it. Gun control to the Democrats is treated the same as gun rights to the Republicans; the candidates for these parties always act as if they're going to do something but nothing ever happens, save for the AWB in 94.

And the GCA of '68

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    Biden is saying just yesterday how we must ban semi-autos and magazines over ten rounds. He has a 44 year voting record of supporting or authoring bills to ban everything from handguns to rifles. He has said how he will pack the supreme court with judges who are aligned with his way of thinking if the Democrats win the Senate! Nothing happens until it does! Remember he is the guy who wrote the very first semi-auto and magazine ban!

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    After two Sheriff Deputies are ambushed and shot, Biden tweets out " Weapons of war have no place in our communities. We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines "
    Video shows the shooter using a handgun. Biden never lets facts get in the way of pushing his agenda.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    After two Sheriff Deputies are ambushed and shot, Biden tweets out " Weapons of war have no place in our communities. We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines "
    Video shows the shooter using a handgun. Biden never lets facts get in the way of pushing his agenda.

Biden’s brain functions on the approximate level of the “Johnny Cab” that Ahhh-nold used in “Total Recall”.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm not risking another AWB. In the off chance they get it passed, there we'd be. I can't believe some people are ok with that.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I’d advocate for “Joe Biden Controls”—

But I think that Obozo, Hildebeest, Hoover Harris, Bernie, and AOC already have him under their control.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

But I think that Obozo, Hildebeest, Hoover Harris, Bernie, and AOC already have him under their control.

I'm sorry I read that twice and can not make heads or tails of what you are trying to say

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I'm sorry I read that twice and can not make heads or tails of what you are trying to say

biden is going to be a figurehead doing the biding of the far leftists. It's not code.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Joe Biden Pushes Assault Weapons Ban Responding to LA Cop Shooting Even though Shooter used Handgun

[video=youtube;2loOv9EQwmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2loOv9EQwmc[/video]

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I honestly don’t know if he knows that is was a handgun. His mental state is such that, it is very possible that people just fill his head with something and the. Push him out onto the stage for a few minutes.

Top Bottom