• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I know of a program that we could cut. It would save us a ton of money. The Federal Government.

since the tea party lives off social security,,,medicare,,,veterans benefits,,,military pensions,,,and since the tea party likes a really big military overseas,,,dont look for much to be cut,,,

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    since the tea party lives off social security,,,medicare,,,veterans benefits,,,military pensions,,,and since the tea party likes a really big military overseas,,,dont look for much to be cut,,,

machete, Do you believe that people who have been forced to pay into social security all their lives should not be able to receive the benefits due them? Do you believe that people who have served in the military and earned a pension are not entitled to that pension? Please explain how the Tea Party lives off that which you state above.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I think some people on this forum are missing the point of my original post. When asked what programs should or could be cut, John Boehner didn't say "I have a list that's too long to say," or "There are too many specifics." Hell, he could've even said "We're not going to vote on it right now because the current president will never approve." He said "I don't think I have one off the top of my head." He can't think of one program on the spot that he would cut if given the opportunity! The reporter wasn't asking him what he was going to try and cut next, the reporter asked him what program we could do without. So to you people who keep defending him because he didn't want to be smeared, give it up. God forbid somebody should make him cry. :rolleyes: I understand politics are a game, but that doesn't mean we have to be nieve when politicians are clearly either lying or clueless. :ranton:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Again, I think your missing the reason he said what he said. It wouldn't matter WHAT his answer had been the left media would have gone into smear/lie mode.

His answer could have been, "we need to cut the defense budget in half". Well everyone knows the left HATES the US military so the smear/lie would have been, "The REPUBLICAN Speaker of the House wants to cut the pay and benefits of US servicemen/servicewoman, and force them onto welfare and foodstamps". No matter WHAT he would have said it would have been a loosing proposition. He KNOWS this, and simply refused to play their game.

If the same question would have been asked of Pelosi, the media's response would have been, "The DEMOCRATIC Speaker of the House proposed massive cuts in the bloated defence budget in an effort to cut government spending, and allowing the savings to help fund President Obama's healthcare plan thus allowing several million uninsured American's to have healthcare coverage." "Republicans will of course fight these cuts".

As I said, time will tell, me personally I am not "defending" the man, just not having a kneejerk response. He is simply savy enough to NOT play their game IMO.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Reason had a piece on this, too. I think theirs, (along with Matt Taibbi's) makes a good point. Boehner is just another big government shill and the TEA Party has him in the cross hairs. If he thinks he's playing the big political game and avoiding a gotcha moment, then he blew it with the TEA Party voters in Ohio. They expected him to name something and exhibit a new courage and a new way. He failed magnificently. Look for the Ohio TEA Party to run someone against him in their primary and, if he manages a win, in the general.

John Boehner, the Libertarian-Maker - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Reason had a piece on this, too. I think theirs, (along with Matt Taibbi's) makes a good point. Boehner is just another big government shill and the TEA Party has him in the cross hairs. If he thinks he's playing the big political game and avoiding a gotcha moment, then he blew it with the TEA Party voters in Ohio. They expected him to name something and exhibit a new courage and a new way. He failed magnificently. Look for the Ohio TEA Party to run someone against him in their primary and, if he manages a win, in the general.

John Boehner, the Libertarian-Maker - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Good point, if he does NOT produce the expected results the TEA Party has in mind, OR what the majority of voters want shown by the election results back in November he deserves to go.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Again, I think your missing the reason he said what he said. It wouldn't matter WHAT his answer had been the left media would have gone into smear/lie mode.

His answer could have been, "we need to cut the defense budget in half". Well everyone knows the left HATES the US military so the smear/lie would have been, "The REPUBLICAN Speaker of the House wants to cut the pay and benefits of US servicemen/servicewoman, and force them onto welfare and foodstamps". No matter WHAT he would have said it would have been a loosing proposition. He KNOWS this, and simply refused to play their game.

If the same question would have been asked of Pelosi, the media's response would have been, "The DEMOCRATIC Speaker of the House proposed massive cuts in the bloated defence budget in an effort to cut government spending, and allowing the savings to help fund President Obama's healthcare plan thus allowing several million uninsured American's to have healthcare coverage." "Republicans will of course fight these cuts".

As I said, time will tell, me personally I am not "defending" the man, just not having a kneejerk response. He is simply savy enough to NOT play their game IMO.

I'm not having a knee-jerk response... This just confirms what I originally thought about him being a spineless, lying coward. Typical politician IMO.

Edit:Oh and don't worry, Boehner is no different than Newt Gingrich, so don't worry, he won't be cutting spending. At least not where it counts.

Top Bottom