• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I hate to tell you guys, I am sorta of ashamed because I lean a little to the right but
    Goldman Sachs, Google, Citigroup, R.J. Reynolds

Thats your new speaker of the house. We are talking about the same guy who wrote over 10 checks from big tobacco on the house floor less than 15 minutes before a major vote.

So you base all your opinion on rumor? You guys want to see crooked look at Chicago politics, where your leadership is from.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    That is why I said "time will tell". When it really comes down to it IMO, it's WAY past too late to save it. We have become corrupt, bankrupt, and NO ONE has the balls to change it. Again IMO we are so far gone only a dictator (with honorable intentions, IF there is such an animal) with total power could reverse the course we are on. And then return the government back to the people.

We have too many lazy uneducated morons in this country, and they still can vote. And they will vote for the politician that promises them the most "stuff".

:twocents:

until the republican side starts looking at the drug war and the military as ---stuff--- that just hands government money to favorite republican classes of people,,,this budget dont go anywhere but up...

we need a military,,,but we need a realistic military size and mission...

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    until the republican side starts looking at the drug war and the military as ---stuff--- that just hands government money to favorite republican classes of people,,,this budget dont go anywhere but up...

we need a military,,,but we need a realistic military size and mission...
    so what is a realistic size for our military? while i agree with you that they have been / are being currently misused, shouldn't they be of adequate size to neutralize any potential threat that may occur (china) ?

9mm Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    I agree that you have to have boots on the ground in certain hot spots. Like S.Korea and Turkey. But Germany. Who's going to attack them? France? We can deploy so much destruction on any givin country in a matter of minutes. And there are so many other places the government wastes money. I agree.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    so what is a realistic size for our military? while i agree with you that they have been / are being currently misused, shouldn't they be of adequate size to neutralize any potential threat that may occur (china) ?

just what im talking about...nobody wants to cut their favorite programs...

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Regardless, if something happens in turkey and we have troops there or nearby wouldnt that make it better for us rather than deploying everyone from here and having to wait for people/gear/structure to get there. If you were talking about a war on us soil... then youd be right, but I think we do a good enough job of defending our country abroad.

...not that I wouldnt like to see some reform (and a repeal of rules of engagement) C.O.I.N. must be upheld though, or we wont get anywhere with the natives.

Is anyone concerned with the whole, north korea having nuke plants and being allies with china, thing. Not to mention the fact that china owns 2/3 of our debt and could crush us without firing a single bullet.

/rant

Sorry, but IF is never a good reason for legislation. "We are going to start doing anal probes of all people who fly, just in case someone tries to hide a bomb in their ass."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    it's still the same, nothing is going to change. a bunch of pansy ass nacy boys who can't think for themselves unless their staffers are telling them what to do or say. this country is doomed.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Germany seems to be the place where we take all of our folks for treatment. So if it is needed for that Godspeed. Whatever our boys need. It also seems like we stage a lot of stuff there before it goes to its end point. I understand what you are saying and agree there should be some places we can get our butts out of, but lets make sure its the right places.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    John Boehner Can't Think Of A Single Government Program He Would Cut

Yep. The GOP speaker of the house can't think of a SINGLE PROGRAM that we should be cutting. Holy crap man, where do I start? This is a joke.

Did you completely miss the news that the House has taken it's first step in repealing Obamacare? That's sounds like a pretty big program being cut there.

Here it is. Scheduled for 5 days from now, the same day Republicans actually take control of the House:

House Republicans waste no time in new year, scheduling vote to repeal Obama's health care reform

9mm Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    The US might go in there and kick some butt, but will never win another war or conflict. We are not feared and are not willing to do what it takes to win. Go all the way back to WWII when the "bomb" was dropped. We havent' won since. In fact Sudam Hussain said that the US will never control Iraq, because they do not fear us like they did him.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    That is why I said "time will tell". When it really comes down to it IMO, it's WAY past too late to save it. We have become corrupt, bankrupt, and NO ONE has the balls to change it. Again IMO we are so far gone only a dictator (with honorable intentions, IF there is such an animal) with total power could reverse the course we are on. And then return the government back to the people.

We have too many lazy uneducated morons in this country, and they still can vote. And they will vote for the politician that promises them the most "stuff".

:twocents:

fair enough .. you and I are pretty close here .. I just don't like the Potomac 2 step stuff they do .

Thanks
    Duncan

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The US might go in there and kick some butt, but will never win another war or conflict. We are not feared and are not willing to do what it takes to win. Go all the way back to WWII when the "bomb" was dropped. We havent' won since. In fact Sudam Hussain said that the US will never control Iraq, because they do not fear us like they did him.

Yep, we would rather allow ourselves to be destroyed than upset the PC police in the country. Some members of our SCOTUS seems to think they are a branch of the Hague, not a Constitutionally bound US court.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Did you completely miss the news that the House has taken it's first step in repealing Obamacare? That's sounds like a pretty big program being cut there.

Here it is. Scheduled for 5 days from now, the same day Republicans actually take control of the House:

House Republicans waste no time in new year, scheduling vote to repeal Obama's health care reform

if there was any chance of actually repealing obamacare with the senate and the president,,,the republicans wouldnt risk trying to repeal it...

boehner aint said a word about repealing bushcare thats just about as big as obamacare...

a little rebellion

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    It's only been a few days, but so far I have little confidence in the new speaker and his "change agents." Two new Republicans missed the swearing in, yet voted on at least eight measures. A handful of Republicans left during their benchmark reading of the Constitution. Their first major order of business is to repeal Obamacare through a violation of their own procedural rules. They choose to ignore the CBO financial numbers because they do not support their position.

The Republicans now share some of the responsibility for governing, yet it's another side show and political gamesmanship that does absolutely nothing for the nation. My expectations are low.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm pretty sure that both parties are responsible for the mess we are currently in. what we need is to wipe the slate clean, just saying

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    From what I have heard the CBO is packed with liberals much like they have taken over many other executive agencies.

Top Bottom