• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Did you completely miss the news that the House has taken it's first step in repealing Obamacare? That's sounds like a pretty big program being cut there.

Here it is. Scheduled for 5 days from now, the same day Republicans actually take control of the House:

No, I didn't completely miss that news, but it's just a feel good proposition that isn't going to go anywhere, at least not until we get someone with a brain in the white house. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    IMO he was simply refusing to give any definite answer at this time so as not to allow the liberal media to start their smear/lie campagin. Which they will.
    When it comes to those smear lie tactics they sure take the front seat. Think about how miserable they must be.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    The repubs have only been given another chance to end our headlong dash at european style govt. If they don't produce results this time you won't have too worry about it. There will be another giant groundswell that will sweep all of them out. The Tea Party will slap candidates for every race nationwide. It probably won't work but it will scare the hell out of all the rest who are left. Pol's are smart they will do the peoples' bidding eventually. We need term limits, balanced budget amendment, secured border, and a government that is limited in it scope and reach. Entitlements have got to end; period! Make people do community service for their welfare checks and see how many get a real job. Don't pay people to have kids. Make entreprenurship a national priority. We can't keep doing the same things anymore an expect different results!!!!

Last edited:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Did you completely miss the news that the House has taken it's first step in repealing Obamacare? That's sounds like a pretty big program being cut there.

Here it is. Scheduled for 5 days from now, the same day Republicans actually take control of the House:

House Republicans waste no time in new year, scheduling vote to repeal Obama's health care reform
    Obamacare is actually health insurance reform and repeal doesn't have a snowball's chance of passing. Genuine budget cuts mean upsetting people and/or special interests. Beyond token measures, like eliminating bottled water, we're not likely to see many meaningful cuts.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    We have troops all over the world defending other countries. We are really being used!!! Our biggest expediture is defense and we are giving it to our economic competitors for free. Examples: Germany and Japan. They are not out a lot for their defense because we have bases all over their countries so they can use that money to beat us economically and that is what they are doing. Japan has said they could not beat us militarily but they would beat us economically. Countries can be taken over other ways besides militarily and that is what is happening to our country while we foot the bill for what is usually the biggest budget for these other countries. If we would quit defending these other countries and let them take care of themselves just think how much we would save to use on things for US!!! I pray some day the U.S. will wake up and see what patsies we are!!!!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I agree that you have to have boots on the ground in certain hot spots. Like S.Korea and Turkey. But Germany. Who's going to attack them? France? We can deploy so much destruction on any givin country in a matter of minutes. And there are so many other places the government wastes money. I agree.

They let us keep Ramstein and other bases that are vital to deployment across Europe and the Middle East there.

If I rememeber correctly, Ramstein is almost like a distribution hub for troop movement to and from the US.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    We have troops all over the world defending other countries. We are really being used!!!

Nope, other way around.

The atomic age brought about this strategy shift, in order to completely destroy our military capabilities, our enemy would have to directly attack a large number of our allied countries spread out all over the globe.

Essentially you could say that we are the ones using those other countries (as human shields so to speak).

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I would take it to mean that his first day on the job as speaker he's got a whole lot of stuff on his to-do list and he's doing the best he can. He's not Superman. It sounds easy to just say "cut program X." But there are options that need to be looked at, consequences of cutting programs, slashing budgets, etc.

Give him some time. People getting all riled up because the world hasn't changed in the first five minutes of the day. He's one guy. He's got a huge job ahead of him in addition to being a representative for his home district. Whether or not he helps matters we'll know soon enough. Best of luck to him. With the mess he's got on his hands he's going to need all the luck he can get.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The House will vote to repeal Obamacare, not because it can actually be repealed - how could it when Obama will never sign it?

By voting to repeal, they force the Democrats to either defend a program that is very unpopular, or they draw some Dems over to their side, paving the way for repeal down the road.

You guys are constantly disappointed that politics is some other kind of thing than it is. Politics is a certain kind of game, and it always has been, long before our country was founded.

Read the history of our country in depth, and you'll see it's always been this way, even during our founding. Reality is what it is, not what we wish it was.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The House will vote to repeal Obamacare, not because it can actually be repealed - how could it when Obama will never sign it?

By voting to repeal, they force the Democrats to either defend a program that is very unpopular, or they draw some Dems over to their side, paving the way for repeal down the road.

You guys are constantly disappointed that politics is some other kind of thing than it is. Politics is a certain kind of game, and it always has been, long before our country was founded.

Read the history of our country in depth, and you'll see it's always been this way, even during our founding. Reality is what it is, not what we wish it was.

Can I steal this??

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think your missing the point of his answer. He knows how the game is played, and how the media works. IMO he was simply refusing to give any definite answer at this time so as not to allow the liberal media to start their smear/lie campagin. Which they will.

Time will tell WHAT the new Speaker is going to do. Besides, he has already stated that there will be a vote on repealing ObamaCare. It won't go anywhere, but it will be symbolic. ObamaCare is one of the MAIN reasons the Democrats were spanked in November.

This.

P.S. Obama care will never be repealed untill the GOP controls the house and senate and we have a GOP President and yes Politics has been this was since our founding fathers....... and before then even aslo..... pretty much since the begining of time.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree that you have to have boots on the ground in certain hot spots. Like S.Korea and Turkey. But Germany. Who's going to attack them? France? We can deploy so much destruction on any givin country in a matter of minutes. And there are so many other places the government wastes money. I agree.

The base in Germany provides a vital staging location for our military. Take note of where our injured are taken. First stop is Germany. We have excellent medical facilities established there far from the scene of operations.

It is (approximately) a ten hour flight to Germany. We can build up our supplies in a safe location and transport to closer depots more readily from Germany than from here.

It may be possible to reduce the size of our base there, but I would think there is merit in maintaining a base closer to our, currently, vital supply lines (oil) and most dangerous trouble spot.

I am not military-trained, but keeping a base in Germany makes sense to me given our current status as the world's policeman and our involvement int the mid-East. Change those two things and we probably do not need the base in Germany—but that is another discussion.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The base in Germany provides a vital staging location for our military. Take note of where our injured are taken. First stop is Germany. We have excellent medical facilities established there far from the scene of operations.

It is (approximately) a ten hour flight to Germany. We can build up our supplies in a safe location and transport to closer depots more readily from Germany than from here.

It may be possible to reduce the size of our base there, but I would think there is merit in maintaining a base closer to our, currently, vital supply lines (oil) and most dangerous trouble spot.

I am not military-trained, but keeping a base in Germany makes sense to me given our current status as the world's policeman and our involvement int the mid-East. Change those two things and we probably do not need the base in Germany—but that is another discussion.

If I remember right that base is the only air lift base in theater. Places like Aviano are far closer to the middle east but Germany is pretty much the pit stop for everything and is rather vital.... Germany is also known for their doctor's/Hospitals..... it is not limited to just on base.

Top Bottom