• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I would love to make a major match sometime in the very near future. When is the next Tennessee or Kentucky major match?

Let me check my calendar:

VA State Match, Kettlefoot, VA June 23
    Summer Sizzler, Manchester, TN August 4
    Tri-State Regional Championship Arlington, TN September 8
    KY-TN Regional Puryear, TN October 6th
    TN State Match Manchester, TN October 20
    Music City Cup Dickson, TN November 3
    S&W Indoor Nationals will be in Feb. 2013 Springfield, MA:D

The great thing is that all the TN matches are only a 3 or 3.5 hour drive. Not bad at all.

ETA: Almost forgot, you could get into the IN State Match if you wanted to work it as an set-up, SO, general goffer, etc. It's on the same day as the KY/TN Match.

Didn't Redbrush use to hold a major?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think there are still pictures on Red Brush's web site that showed a major match there...maybe 05 or thereabouts? If I could swing it I'd love to hit one one of those fairly close by. I'd like to hit the USPSA match up by Owensboro here before too long, too! Or is the Jasper one closer?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I think there are still pictures on Red Brush's web site that showed a major match there...maybe 05 or thereabouts? If I could swing it I'd love to hit one one of those fairly close by. I'd like to hit the USPSA match up by Owensboro here before too long, too! Or is the Jasper one closer?

From your place, not much different. Owensboro would be better, in my opinion.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Jr ordered a magwell and guide rod as well as a trigger for his G34 to compete in ESP He got everything but the trigger which was backordered on friday I believe so no time to make adjustments. He had a couple mags that would not drop free and they are nearly impossible to rip out with the magwell on there. Plus the recoil spring may not be the best set up yet. He will only get better with this set up. Remember he has been smoking the ESP guns with a bone stock, except for sights G34. A little familiarity with it and he will be back to smoking them again.
    This is as long as he doesn't get sidetracked shooting that new old timey gun he bought for CDP.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Jr ordered a magwell and guide rod as well as a trigger for his G34 to compete in ESP He got everything but the trigger which was backordered on friday I believe so no time to make adjustments. He had a couple mags that would not drop free and they are nearly impossible to rip out with the magwell on there. Plus the recoil spring may not be the best set up yet. He will only get better with this set up. Remember he has been smoking the ESP guns with a bone stock, except for sights G34. A little familiarity with it and he will be back to smoking them again.
    This is as long as he doesn't get sidetracked shooting that new old timey gun he bought for CDP.

That explains the magwell I saw. ESP is a no joke class with any gun and he made EXP in it despite all the new stuff. Not bad at all. :yesway:

I noticed the 1911 didn't make an appearance Saturday. I asked him how he liked it and he said "it's OK." :):

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Old Timey Gun! LOL What did he get?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yes, you need to shoot a major. I've tried not to rattle on about the Regional, but it was really cool. From the moment you step foot in the bay, you know you're in a different shooting world. Well, really from the moment you start registering, you know its going to be a lot different:D You will get an idea real quick like as to how your skills add up to other shooters national and international.

So, why don't you shoot the VA State Match with me on the 23rd:D

I'm giving serious thought to shooting it as the revolver line-up is rare. If I entered I would make the 7th ESR guy and the division would have 1 Exp, 4 SS and 2 MM as of now.
    Plus, this one has gun giveaways on the prize table:rockwoot:
    Only problem is it's a 7 hour drive:n00b: Wouldn't be bad getting there but Sunday morning would come real early like.

Back to Jr, I thought I saw him with a magwelled XD ala Brad Eadens? Was it just a Glock?

LOL! Just a Glock... :D

If I didn't have Guy's Gun Law class on the 23rd I would be your copilot.
    :rofl:

Great signature line too- Ben will love it:laugh::laugh:

:rolleyes:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Calling a Glock 34 a 'stock' gun is like calling a Kimber Custom or Wilson Combat or Les Bear just a 1911...

R1 1911

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Remington 1911

LOL! Just a Glock... :D

If I didn't have Guy's Gun Law class on the 23rd I would be your copilot.

:rolleyes:

:D I don't know what a "Freudian slip" is on the internet, but that was one. Now everyone knows where I stand with glocks:D

We will have to plan a match to a major and maybe get the wives in on the trip. It's a good time!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I know the wife and kids are always up for any type of road trip. Here in the next few years Big Man will be old enough to join me for a day at the range, too. I think my wife would be happy as long as there is a place with a swimming pool nearby!

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Calling a Glock 34 a 'stock' gun is like calling a Kimber Custom or Wilson Combat or Les Bear just a 1911...

R1 1911

Hmmm
    Glock 34 = $600
    Leb Baer, Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom = $2500+ for the ones I saw at the 1500 last weekend, as I was looking.Hardly any comparison. The only thing different about a G34 over a G17 is barrel length, adjustable sights and the worthless extended magazine stop.
    People get hung up on equipment, it is the indian and not the arrow. A good shooter will be good with whatever is in his or her hand.

I cannot believe you put a Kimber in the same catagory as a Glock 34, Les Baer, and Wilson. :popcorn:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hmmm
    Glock 34 = $600
    Leb Baer, Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom = $2500+ for the ones I saw at the 1500 last weekend, as I was looking.Hardly any comparison. The only thing different about a G34 over a G17 is barrel length, adjustable sights and the worthless extended magazine stop.
    People get hung up on equipment, it is the indian and not the arrow. A good shooter will be good with whatever is in his or her hand.

I cannot believe you put a Kimber in the same catagory as a Glock 34, Les Baer, and Wilson. :popcorn:

Hmm... I'm not really up to date on my tupperware knowledge it appears. I thought the 34 was the 'competition ready' version and was tuned up more so than just a longer barrel.

I couldn't tell anyway, of the few different stock Glocks I have felt none had similar feeling triggers and all were spongy and springy :puke:

Hard to beat that 1911 trigger pull ;) :D

Jdirt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Hmm... I'm not really up to date on my tupperware knowledge it appears. I thought the 34 was the 'competition ready' version and was tuned up more so than just a longer barrel.

I couldn't tell anyway, of the few different stock Glocks I have felt none had similar feeling triggers and all were spongy and springy :puke:

Hard to beat that 1911 trigger pull ;) :D

I bet you haven't felt the trigger pull on a $2,500 glock. I bet it would pull its self!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Didn't Massad Ayoob say something like his favorite $2500 .45 was a Glock 30 in the glovebox of a $2000 used car? :D

Talk about a phenomenal Glock, itd drive itself to the match!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hmmm
    Glock 34 = $600

I had no idea glocks sold that high.

I'll admit, I did look up the 34 after TF posted about it. What I found was labeled as the baddest glock ever made. But really, it's just a glock.

Remember, you can Rock A Glock....can't do that with anything else.....

Don't know what "rock a glock" is or mean. We S&W guys just shoot with ours.

Top Bottom