• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well I received that dreaded letter in the mail today that so many people fear.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I have wanted to be a juror for so long. will I be able to squash injustice against a citizen or maybe help put away a bad criminal???

Either way I believe this is one of the most important and honorable things we as citizens can do in this country, as civilians. I take it very seriously and I FINALLY GET MY SHOT!

what should I wear? Im thinking my dont tread on me shirt under a nice sport coat and jeans. :):

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    well I received that dreaded letter in the mail today that so many people fear.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I have wanted to be a juror for so long. will I be able to squash injustice against a citizen or maybe help put away a bad criminal???

Either way I believe this is one of the most important and honorable things we as citizens can do in this country, as civilians. I FINALLY GET MY SHOT!

what should I wear? Im thinking my dont tread on me shirt under a nice sport coat and jeans. :):

I'm fairly certain that once they take a look at you, you're going to be one of the first ones cut :laugh:;):laugh:

I keed, I keed! Great news. It's nice to actually get a chance to participate :patriot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

jury-duty-pauly-shore.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

Get 'em Ranger!

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    lucky you!!!!! last time i got a letter i didn't even get to go in :( they decided my services weren't needed. i hate rejection!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    LOL. you guys are killin me.

it actually says I have to call a phone number each day after 5pm from ____ date to ____ date. then if they have called my group in i get to go in for the face to face i guess. my wife ALWAYS gets it, I never do, so im pumped.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    you know whats really funny is since the govt is shut down there are no men in black suits running around scrambling to find out HOW this happened (me getting a jury summons). someones gonna lose their job over this one, LOL

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    you know whats really funny is since the govt is shut down there are no men in black suits running around scrambling to find out HOW this happened (me getting a jury summons). someones gonna lose their job over this one, LOL

No shutdown, they played their little game until the 11th hour but avoided actually carrying through.

I'm not sure why though since congress voted to keep paying themselves if it shut down...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    my number never got called this past time (beginning of the year) to show up. figures because i was looking forward to a longer vacation from the bus.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    My son got a jury duty summons 2 months ago, followed by two reminders and some threats of jail time and fines if he didn't show up. He's only seventeen - God only knows how they got him on their list, I thought it was only registered voters that got the call.

Two weeks of calls and emails to the court clerk got no answers, and no response to messages left. Finally, at the end of the third week, we got a voice mail saying in effect "nevermind, you can throw away the summons".

I've been a registered voter for most of 30 years - I got called for duty once, but the defendant took a plea deal before the trial.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My son got a jury duty summons 2 months ago, followed by two reminders and some threats of jail time and fines if he didn't show up. He's only seventeen - God only knows how they got him on their list, I thought it was only registered voters that got the call.

Two weeks of calls and emails to the court clerk got no answers, and no response to messages left. Finally, at the end of the third week, we got a voice mail saying in effect "nevermind, you can throw away the summons".

I've been a registered voter for most of 30 years - I got called for duty once, but the defendant took a plea deal before the trial.

i think its based on your drivers license.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've gotten summons a few times, but my group number never seems to get called. :dunno:

Good luck, be careful what you say and wear or you won't make it much past getting in the door. :D

Top Bottom