• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've been called for jury duty twice - in Texas. First one was a traffic accident; second was a civil trial for damages. I was prejudiced from the opening summation of the case and told the Judge so when I was asked (involved some personal issues and perceptions). I was released.

I think I've been called for jury duty once since I got here in 1987. Since I was scheduled to be on National Guard Annual Training that week, I was excused and have never been called since.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I have been called but never chosen. I too want to be chosen so badly. Even if it's just something minor, I am going to jump up and JURY NULLIFICATION BABY

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I dread jury duty. I know its my civic duty, but it seems I get called every time I am elligable. I served on 1 jury, was called into the courtroom and questioned by the scheisters and released, and went in but didnot get called. I've done my duty enough for a few years. Pick someone else for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!........ok, I'm done venting.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Im not too worried about jury duty. I doubt I will ever have to serve since Im biased on some subject. For example, I actually believe in punishing criminals. I know, weird huh?

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I received notification that sometime this year I will be called for federal jury duty. Yeehaaaw! Anyway, take a book, you'll sit forever doing absolutely nothing but staring at all the interesting people there. Been 3 times and sent away without answering even one question. Surprisingly enough, it seems kinda hard to get selected.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I keep getting called for jury duty but i never get picked.

Good for you for wanting to go. Hopefully you don't get a boring civil case and get something more fun. Be sure to stay for the sentencing after the guilty verdict (if there is a guilty) so that you can hear all the prior crimes the person committed, then comes the fun part of hearing "2 years probation" on the guy's 6th offense.

The Bei Bei shuai case is coming up and it should be supreme court case. It'd be neat to sit on that one.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hate to tell you this Ranger, but they will probably print out your posts from INGO and read them to the Judge :D

I got called shortly after my 18th Birthday. I was young, and lazy, and didnt want to serve, so... I wore my rattiest, dirtiest jeans, a worn out Van Halen t-shirt, and big dangly cross earring, and hairsprayed my hair up all spiky....

..and got chosen.. lol.

It was an interesting experience, but it was a little disconcerting when we found the defendant not guilty, the Prosecutor came over to the Jury box and whispered: "Hope you *******s are happy" and stormed out. :rolleyes:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    "I believe a person is guilty based on the distance between their eyes." Has gotten me out of jury duty at least 5 times now. I know its my civic duty and all that, but I have enough trouble keeping up with work when im there 7 days a week, having to take several off to do anything like that would put me too far behind. If it was something like a capital case that took months to sort out, I might as well quit as I would never catch up.

Biggest flaw in the justice system is that jurys tend to be composed of people who were unable to get out of jury duty (and I know some people want to serve on them, and do a great job, but they do tend to be the minority) :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Hate to tell you this Ranger, but they will probably print out your posts from INGO and read them to the Judge :D

I got called shortly after my 18th Birthday. I was young, and lazy, and didnt want to serve, so... I wore my rattiest, dirtiest jeans, a worn out Van Halen t-shirt, and big dangly cross earring, and hairsprayed my hair up all spiky....

..and got chosen.. lol.

It was an interesting experience, but it was a little disconcerting when we found the defendant not guilty, the Prosecutor came over to the Jury box and whispered: "Hope you *******s are happy" and stormed out. :rolleyes:

:): All they have to do is ask the right questions and save some paper. I'll be completely honest with them about whatever they ask me. If they dont like it oh well. maybe I can get called another time when i have strep throat :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I keep getting called for jury duty but i never get picked.

Good for you for wanting to go. Hopefully you don't get a boring civil case and get something more fun. Be sure to stay for the sentencing after the guilty verdict (if there is a guilty) so that you can hear all the prior crimes the person committed, then comes the fun part of hearing "2 years probation" on the guy's 6th offense.

The Bei Bei shuai case is coming up and it should be supreme court case. It'd be neat to sit on that one.

yeah hopefully if I get selected it will be something complicated and hold my attention.

WOW, talk about crazy. I had seen her picture on the news but hadnt listened to the story. why do you think it will be a supreme court case?

win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    I have been called on the phone. They asked a feel questions and one was is their any reason you can not serve. I sad what say again I am a little hard of hearing. The phone when click?

Top Bottom