just getting around to joining ( Indiana Home Guard )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Just out of curiosity, why do all the militia guys dress up in bdus? If the SHTF, are they going to find a phonebooth, pull a superman, and get to work? Why not just carry a tact vest, with some sort of identifier for your group, throw it one and rock 'n roll?

These guys won't be hard to spot...LoL

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    So in the SHTF forum nobody thinks the S might HTF?

So I guess a lot of food & supply hoarder's here then.
    In a SHTF forum everyone usually thinks any new guy who talks about armed conflict with the govt is a Fed.

Then again, I insist my wife refer to me as Colonel Wolverine, so I am kinda out there.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just out of curiosity, why do all the militia guys dress up in bdus? If the SHTF, are they going to find a phonebooth, pull a superman, and get to work? Why not just carry a tact vest, with some sort of identifier for your group, throw it one and rock 'n roll?

Because they are live action role-playing soldier. It's like paintball, but with the feel good message of pretending to do something. They want some legitimacy that comes from a uniform without the pesky requirements of answering to established authority, etc.

One of the coolest things about being a contractor is you get to play soldier for a lot of money and you don't have to put up with the nasty parts of being in the military. Sure, you may get shot at, but you can leave anytime you like without being arrested, you can't get reassigned without your consent, you'll never have to pick up cigarette butts or paint shovels when there's nothing of import for you to do, etc. Of course you still answer to the military or whoever you are contracting for, but it's really attractive in it's way. Playing militia is even better. No one's actually going to shoot at you because the tyrant is imaginary, you can play as long as you want and then go home for supper, and you can pick your own rank and uniform!

Oh..and phone booth? C'mon, man, WTF are you going to find a phone booth?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

My first thought is that if the SHTF, I really don't want to advertise myself as a prepper/militia/anyone else with stuff the hoodlums might want to jack. This is a time in which being the gray man would be a really good plan!

I believe the system is salvagable and can be restored, but better men than myself (particularly the men of the cloth types) will need to get it together first in my opinion. There would have to be a return to the love of the truth for real freedom to ever flourish again. Just my :twocents:

You are right. It can be done, but only if a majority of people return to placing value on truth, justice, principle, and rule of law above naked self-serving pursuits at the expense of others, which is a hard bad habit for a society to learn without a hard correction lasting at least a couple of generations.

I didn't think you were, I'm just pointing out how clever the idea of a court system is to combat that very thing. Ideally, the strength of the nation backing the rule of law irrelevant to the power of the two parties involved in the dispute. Truly one of mankinds great progresses beyond might makes right. Just on my mind as I'm currently reading about pre-Islamic Arabic societies. If your tribe wasn't powerful enough to protect you, there was no law for you. Even with the advent of Chivalric agreements between certain clans were used to avoid bloodshed and seek a 3rd party's judgement, the cycles of revenge thefts, leading to killings, leading to revenge killings, etc. One only needs to look at modern street gangs to see the same issues when "might makes right" is the rule of the land.

Excellent points. This makes the present trend away from the rule of law, particularly that of the Constitution and toward partisan politics of leverage all the scarier!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because they are live action role-playing soldier. It's like paintball, but with the feel good message of pretending to do something. They want some legitimacy that comes from a uniform without the pesky requirements of answering to established authority, etc.

One of the coolest things about being a contractor is you get to play soldier for a lot of money and you don't have to put up with the nasty parts of being in the military. Sure, you may get shot at, but you can leave anytime you like without being arrested, you can't get reassigned without your consent, you'll never have to pick up cigarette butts or paint shovels when there's nothing of import for you to do, etc. Of course you still answer to the military or whoever you are contracting for, but it's really attractive in it's way. Playing militia is even better. No one's actually going to shoot at you because the tyrant is imaginary, you can play as long as you want and then go home for supper, and you can pick your own rank and uniform!

I was trying to be nice. We all know when the "bat signal" is lit in the sky, they ask they lady at the counter, of the buffet, where the bathroom is, do a quick change, and grab a soft serve on their way out to the battle.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not sure what to think about all this. They on one hand offer as their purpose the inherent corruption and untrustworthiness of government, yet set policies to work hand in hand with that same government. The policies regarding 'hostile' personnel would seem to potentially take in any armed persons other than themselves, suggesting a potential for the group to become a hostile polity imposing its own idea of 'order' on others who may or may not want to live under such 'protection'. Generally, if a group's stated positions are cause for such concern, I will find myself taking the position that I know them not nor do I care to know them better.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OP, let's get to the crux of this. What are your motivations for looking into this particular group. What is/are your intent and goals?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Omg ya'll kill me.... How far did any of you read into the website. In the upper left corner their is a menu to take you to these topics
    CMF Enlist
    CMF Requirements/Disqualifications
    CMF Code of Conduct
    CMF Rules of Engagement
    CMF Chain of Command
    CMF Operations (CMF Members Only)
    CMF Training

Or follow this link.

https://uscrow.org/uscrow-cmf-national-militia/

Well, talk of armed insurrection is grounds for being banned, IIRC, so I doubt we can get too deep into the rules of engagement or requirements for declaring "domestic war".

So, again, S hit the fan and you're going to abandon your own homestead and/or family to go play soldier in small unit tactics against US forces? Cuz that's what it says.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Property that has been used for the purpose of hindering our mission will be confiscated. Weapons may be confiscated and demilitarized if they are used to interfere with the mission of usCrow CMF.

O'rly? Good luck with that.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Phone booth? Colonel Cupcake ain't changing into battle rattle in anything less than a CONEX container! I mean hell, his plates are probably AR500 IPSC silouhettes! Folded and rolled tightly, he can maybe get 1 uniform into a CFP90!

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    If these jokers showed up during any real emergency, they have no legitimate authority. They had better be handing out blankets and lemonade , because anything much more than that may infringe MY rights. The only temporary authority they might have would be by exerting force over others by showing up somewhere with more guns, and that just makes them another band of gangsters. Bunch of clowns and followers.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    I'm thinking more along the lines of staying connected to ones I know and trust. Do you associate with any like minded friends/family?
    BADWOLF, I'm very close to Shelbyville.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Omg ya'll kill me.... How far did any of you read into the website. In the upper left corner their is a menu to take you to these topics
    CMF Enlist
    CMF Requirements/Disqualifications
    CMF Code of Conduct
    CMF Rules of Engagement
    CMF Chain of Command
    CMF Operations (CMF Members Only)
    CMF Training

Or follow this link.

https://uscrow.org/uscrow-cmf-national-militia/

I read and laughed. The public will reject you fast. You will be owned by the fellows in the green vests. capture.png

Plus me and my crew are the warlords of Fort Wayne.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I read and laughed.
    I read it and shook my head with disgust. It's thinly veil treason.

usCrow CMF was founded in response to a national consensus that the federal government has become an oppressive and corrupt entity, violating the laws of the United States Constitution, and we seek to return a functional system to the American people, while returning the federal government to its custodial roots.
    No, there's not a "national consensus" for your belief. Note the present tense used - not "if" or "when".

Plus me and my crew are the warlords of Fort Wayne.
    Yeah, well my crew has something to say about that! :biggun:

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I read it and shook my head with disgust. It's thinly veil treason.

No, there's not a "national consensus" for your belief. Note the present tense used - not "if" or "when".

Yeah, well my crew has something to say about that! :biggun:

Jetta, I see you are a fellow homebrewer, that quals you to run the PKM.

Top Bottom