Just got 'unfriended' and I'm not a bit sorry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, the Earth moves through the cosmic background on the order of 32 million miles per day. We are never in the same place we were yesterday.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, the Earth moves through the cosmic background on the order of 32 million miles per day. We are never in the same place we were yesterday.

Which is why time travel would never work. You would be transported to a point in space at a time where the earth doesnt occupy it. #themoreyouknow.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've only politically unfriended one person on FB, even though he was mostly in agreement with me on the issues.
    It was due to his total obnoxiousness in most every political thread I ever got involved in.

He'd see I posted on a political thread, and then start posting all kinds of trolling BS that ruined civil discourse with most everybody on BOTH sides of the issue.
    Kind of like a conservative version of the left wing guy "DABTL" who used to be on FAL Files before he finally got banned.
    I never could get an explanation from him on why he acted this way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've only politically unfriended one person on FB, even though he was mostly in agreement with me on the issues.
    It was due to his total obnoxiousness in most every political thread I ever got involved in.

He'd see I posted on a political thread, and then start posting all kinds of trolling BS that ruined civil discourse with most everybody on BOTH sides of the issue.
    I never could get an explanation from him on why he acted this way.

I have a theory on this.
    Many folks use the keyboard to act out. This is a mental bully tactic to disrupt folks and it makes them feel in control. Of what I am not sure but the empowerment they get from these childish actions is pleasing to them. Goes to character.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a theory on this.
    Many folks use the keyboard to act out. This is a mental bully tactic to disrupt folks and it makes them feel in control. Of what I am not sure but the empowerment they get from these childish actions is pleasing to them. Goes to character.

You could be right on this.
    The guy is a "friend of a friend", and he always has been a bit of a "dick" (for lack of a better description). ;)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Uh, hasn't it always sucked?

Originally it was just a thing for college kids. That was cool. That was back when people didn't update every two seconds that they went to the bathroom or had a French fry or whatever they thought people cared about. When teenagers and parents started to get in on it, I was like, nope, I'm out.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Personally, I had a facebook account once, only to keep track of my Nephew and his hunting adventures. He`s been Elk hunting out West, and he`s killed some fantastic white-tailed deer here in west-central Indiana. I`ve since shut that silly account down, because frankly, facebook is tedious and pointless, IMHO.

As for liberal "friends", I have none, because, God forgive me, I can`t take their delusional idiocy. Liberals are not lucid, and it actually frightens me to be physically near people whose perception of reality is distorted to the point where they shouldn`t even be able to operate motor vehicles. Liberals live in a land in their minds where good is evil, and evil is good, and the sky is green and the grass is blue. I feel like I need to take a shower just even discussing them...:dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This doesn't sound like a long friendship, but two guys who have known of each other for a long time and are associates. One doesn't lose a true friend and say "oh well".

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    I have lost around 10 or so friends on Facebook (and climing) since this election. My political views are on my page and if I come across someone posting something against my views I just carry on and keep clicking....Sadly some have commeted some random opinions (not facts) on my posts....which I basically provided facts based on why I posted and then poof....I got deleted. Gotta love it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have lost around 10 or so friends on Facebook (and climing) since this election. My political views are on my page and if I come across someone posting something against my views I just carry on and keep clicking....Sadly some have commeted some random opinions (not facts) on my posts....which I basically provided facts based on why I posted and then poof....I got deleted. Gotta love it.

Silencing your political opponents. Censorship of the real facts.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I had words and almost more with a brother from high school last nigh/this morning over such things. All he could do was scream profanities at me and a couple other conservatives, that were there. It showed first hand that the "tolerant" have no tolerance, unless you drink their :koolaid:. I'll probably let most of what happened go, since there was alcohol involved on his part, but I won't forget it either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had words and almost more with a brother from high school last nigh/this morning over such things. All he could do was scream profanities at me and a couple other conservatives, that were there. It showed first hand that the "tolerant" have no tolerance, unless you drink their :koolaid:. I'll probably let most of what happened go, since there was alcohol involved on his part, but I won't forget it either.

Alcohol only releases the inner person we all really are.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Ugh...I wish I could have a pop up at log in for my other half that says "Don't do it, it's a trap!". The environment he works in is extremely politically charged and sways to the extreme left. Many FB meme's are intentional click bait to begin an argument, not a discussion. They draw out those with extreme view and light the match...then sit back and wait for those who detest twisting the truth or made up statistics to chime in. I've got an aunt who lost touch with reality years ago. She has a personal belief that if she allows any conservative meme to stand, she is in acceptance of it. I've many times had to ask that she call me or message me privately if she wishes to belabor a belief we do not share. FB is an easy way for some to intentionally offend the masses by bringing up the extremes of any opposing view. All they have to do is get the responder angry enough and it becomes one of these snickered about school yard brawls...from someone's laptop while sitting in PJ's and sipping espresso. No good comes of it, and no minds are opened or swayed. Sadly, many are only pushed farther to one extreme or the other. We all would love for liberals to open their eyes to the reality of the outcome of dangerous social policies, but they cannot allow themselves to acknowledge the results of years of badly vetted policies.

My father always told me you can judge the character of a man by his actions...

Top Bottom