Just got 'unfriended' and I'm not a bit sorry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My relationships have been long established prior to Facebook. I don't add people I "kinda" know to my friend's list. Any person that's my friend on Facebook, is a person who would be welcome to accompany to my folks home. My friends are liberals and conservatives, and the battles that rage between us are EPIC, but I haven't yet been blocked nor have I blocked anyone.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I got rid of 3, 2 pre Election, 1 post. They couldn't keep from rebuking my factual post and one tried to argue with one of my Real Friends on my Post. I'm not going to support or tolerate their disrespect.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This doesn't sound like a long friendship, but two guys who have known of each other for a long time and are associates. One doesn't lose a true friend and say "oh well".

Right on the money, sir.

Good to see you back, btw.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is just an excuse for trying to justify your actions.

Even if alcohol lowers a persons inhibitions and good judgment, it doesn't justify being stupid.

Don't blame being an a**hole on alcohol.

I dont think he was. You are an a-hole regardless of your alcohol consumption. Its not an excuse, but an observation.

I'm a happy drunk. I've failed to throat punch folks that show up unexpectedly that I normally would have sober. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My relationships have been long established prior to Facebook. I don't add people I "kinda" know to my friend's list. Any person that's my friend on Facebook, is a person who would be welcome to accompany to my folks home. My friends are liberals and conservatives, and the battles that rage between us are EPIC, but I haven't yet been blocked nor have I blocked anyone.

Makes for interesting conversations/debates if after the smoke clears you can all finish of the wine and call it a night.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is just an excuse for trying to justify your actions.

Even if alcohol lowers a persons inhibitions and good judgment, it doesn't justify being stupid.

Don't blame being an a**hole on alcohol.

That is the point. Many can mask the true depth of the butt headiness until they consume some truth elixir.
    Than the mask comes off and their true nature is exposed.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    I dont think he was. You are an a-hole regardless of your alcohol consumption. Its not an excuse, but an observation.

I'm a happy drunk. I've failed to throat punch folks that show up unexpectedly that I normally would have sober. :):

I can understand why you were un-friended. An observation.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    That is the point. Many can mask the true depth of the butt headiness until they consume some truth elixir.
    Than the mask comes off and their true nature is exposed.

Most people exhibit the tendencies, and then use the alcohol as an excuse.

They "never would have done or said that if not for the alcohol". It's just another way of avoiding responsibility.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I lost a friend of many years shortly after the election. She posted something completely silly that I couldn't let go by. After 3 volleys of pretty unassailable logic and facts she ditched me. Funny and sad all at once.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Alcohol only releases the inner person we all really are.

My inner person lacked balance and staggered a lot, had portion control issues with tequila that led to vomiting in allies, put too much money in jukeboxes, and wondered why in the world everyone else was SO DANGED LOUD. He occasionally walked through the drive through to get tacos. He also was smooooth with the ladies with such amazing openers as "Nice shirt. It's got a wolf on it." See? Smoooooth. He REALLY loved his friends, because we're buddies aren't we and we'll always be buddies won't we because that's what buddies are when they are buddies.

I remain glad I was young before everyone had a cell phone camera and facebook was a thing. This thread reminds me I'm not missing anything by not jumping in.

Top Bottom