• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Daughter and I plan on seeing it Sunday afternoon. A New Hope and Rouge One are my two favorites.

c68e5a46199e6917cb955a8163cb859e165ea492bbd5744f9643b9fde1f0eb11.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    There was a lame joke or comedic situation like every 10 minutes. It felt more like a Gaurdians movie.

The entire franchise is full of comedic relief. It shows up about 5 minutes into A New Hope, and except for Empire Strikes Back, never really lets up.

This was one of my favorites. It was just amazing. Some tremendous light saber action. The force users were on a whole different level in this one. Kylo was better too. Until we start talking spoilers I'll shut up. But this one is a must see. I was kind of blown away, really.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My sons both go with the theory that Jar Jar Binks is the evil overlord running the dark side from behind the scenes. Of course they can't actually put that in a movie, because every theater in the country would be burned to the ground.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I saw it this afternoon. It was good and if you're a Star Wars fan you will enjoy it.

Dont read this if you have not seen it. Not a spoiler but something I started thinking about. Is anyone else thinking that Kylo and Rey might be Brother and Sister or related somehow, like Luke and Leia?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    My sons both go with the theory that Jar Jar Binks is the evil overlord running the dark side from behind the scenes. Of course they can't actually put that in a movie, because every theater in the country would be burned to the ground.

I would probably help. Jar Jar is evil, in the sense that some dark part of Lucas imagined him then foisted him upon us.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I saw it this afternoon. It was good and if you're a Star Wars fan you will enjoy it.

Dont read this if you have not seen it. Not a spoiler but something I started thinking about. Is anyone else thinking that Kylo and Rey might be Brother and Sister or related somehow, like Luke and Leia?

I wondered at a couple of points of the movie. But they did clear that question up by the end.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    I thought for a little while the corny stuff was going to take over, but it really turned into a real deal Star Wars movie. The story really advanced and we are poised for more. Ready for more I am!!!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Haven’t seen it yet, but both sons have & hated it. Youngest is huge Star Wars fan, constantly reading about movies, lore, etc..

Both said it was more like a Marvel movie.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh come on it wasn't that bad! 3 or 4 laughs didn't kill you did it?:dunno:

Yeah, I think it was. I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan. The movie was too long, too hokey, too many plot holes, too much pandering. Didn't care for it especially. Out of the next generation of movies, Rogue One is lightyears better. When we start with spoilers, I will explain further.... but this is one of Star Wars movies that I couldve watched after it was released on DVD.

If you're a Star War fan that understands the lore of the franchise, and not a casual watcher, you will probably be disappointed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I think it was. I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan. The movie was too long, too hokey, too many plot holes, too much pandering. Didn't care for it especially. Out of the next generation of movies, Rogue One is lightyears better. When we start with spoilers, I will explain further.... but this is one of Star Wars movies that I couldve watched after it was released on DVD.

If you're a Star War fan that understands the lore of the franchise, and not a casual watcher, you will probably be disappointed.

As long as the 10 year old enjoys it I am good.
    She has been sneaking up on me all day whispering "3-D"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As long as the 10 year old enjoys it I am good.
    She has been sneaking up on me all day whispering "3-D"

Man church, IDK... maybe they will, but it is dark (obviously using the thematics of ESB), and there are some parts that may bother kids... uhhh, a 10 year old probably will be fine. But as a casual fan of Star Trek, I never understood when the purists complained about the new movies. Now I understand completely.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man church, IDK... maybe they will, but it is dark (obviously using the thematics of ESB), and there are some parts that may bother kids... uhhh, a 10 year old probably will be fine. But as a casual fan of Star Trek, I never understood when the purists complained about the new movies. Now I understand completely.

I am a "From the very 1st one" fan. I have seen them all and some in multiples. I can set through it.
    The 10 year old is pretty switched on. She like Rogue 1. I can watch it again I guess.
    The whole 3-D thing has her interest. She will be 11 in 2 weeks. This is what she wants for her "B" day. :popcorn: and a movie with Pa-Pa.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Uh, Porkins was Red 6, and he's going to Hog Wild.:D

I really enjoyed it. I did not mind that it was long, I was happy it kept going when I thought it was ending. I LOLed a few times, but none of the humor was over the top.

I watched the trailers before seeing it, but ignored all the speculative hype. I was happy to be transported back into that universe for a few hours.

Top Bottom