Just What Is It That DJ Trump That Inflames Passions? Who Is Against Him? Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. Of course we can. But this is how conversations are. When potentially dozens of people are participating, sometimes side topics emerge. That’s why there’s a scroll bar, so that you can just scroll past the parts that don’t interest you. Those side topics don’t prevent anyone from from discussing the parts you want. I haven’t really answered the topic other than the general thought that at keast one faction that seems most against Trump are the establishment Democrats and Republicans.

I’m still trying to decide what value there is in listing the people on the sides. That really doesn’t interest me at all. The answer to that seems obvious enough. But it is worthwhile to talk about why all the TDS. What makes people lose their **** when they see a red hat? What makes people hate the people who will vote for Trump so much that they engage them in bad faith on internet forums?

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    So can we get back to the question, who is against the presidential candidates? Is there something wrong on my list? We can learn a lot if we create the list...
    I can attempt to answer your question as almost everyone I know is voting for Biden. Most of them are not so much voting for Biden, but rather voting against Trump. Being a social worker, 99.9% of the people I work with and spend time around other than some lovely folks from INGO, are vehemently anti-Trump. The reasoning for this most of the time seems to simply be his rhetoric. I'll be voting Trump because I believe he has the better policy proposals, but I have to admit that sometimes his personality leaves something to be desired and this is what turns people off. Combine that with MSM taking some of his quotes out of context to paint him as worse than he is and the result is haters of Trump.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can attempt to answer your question as almost everyone I know is voting for Biden. Most of them are not so much voting for Biden, but rather voting against Trump. Being a social worker, 99.9% of the people I work with and spend time around other than some lovely folks from INGO, are vehemently anti-Trump. The reasoning for this most of the time seems to simply be his rhetoric. I'll be voting Trump because I believe he has the better policy proposals, but I have to admit that sometimes his personality leaves something to be desired and this is what turns people off. Combine that with MSM taking some of his quotes out of context to paint him as worse than he is and the result is haters of Trump.

Thank you. That clarifies what I am seeing.

But in the reality of this voting a personality and not for the best thing available to continue the Republic shows how far we have slipped down the slope towards Idiocracy. It is real. It is all around us. We are too late. It can not be stopped.

A person I call my oldest true friend is voting for Trump but he hates the man. His spouse and daughter will be voting Biden/Harris because they are not policy driven but are voting with emotions as top their distain for him as a person. No amount of rational discussion will sway either of them. Stage 3 TDS.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m still trying to decide what value there is in listing the people on the sides. That really doesn’t interest me at all. The answer to that seems obvious enough. But it is worthwhile to talk about why all the TDS. What makes people lose their **** when they see a red hat? What makes people hate the people who will vote for Trump so much that they engage them in bad faith on internet forums?

I think it is instructive to look at the agendas of those supporting the candidates, particularly in this election, they are expecting something from the support they are giving and looking at that, in an overall sense, is an indication of the direction the candidates will go.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Be behaves like he favors centralized control as long as he’s the one controlling things.

This is certainly not in evidence by his treatment of wuwho flu, leaving it to the states to execute the response.

Biden seems to believe it should be top down centralized control to me...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Murder Hornets bite the heads off Bees. Bees make honey. We prefer things which make honey, over things which make Murder. The problem is that when you place them in the "Battle Bots Arena" together, decapitation wins every single time. Derangement doesn't produce anything, but it has a low center of gravity and a really good flipper.

Most will vote for the Honey Bee over the Murder Hornet every day. And right now, Joe Biden looks like the Honey Bee. Donald Trump looks like the Murder Hornet. He is on Twitter every day, biting somebody's head off.

The problem, as most INGO readers realize, is that _true_ Murder Hornets don't announce their dirty work on Twitter. They do it quietly, outside public view. While Barack Obama was out in public making beautiful speeches about Honey, his taxpayer-payroll Federal lawyers were at work inside the Agencies, suing Hobby Lobby, regulating coal-fired power plants out of business, suing Catholic Social Charities, using the Intelligence apparatus to investigate his political opponents, and on, and on. Chewing heads off one by one. "You didn't build that."

Mainstream politicians on both sides are like Murder Hornets. They do their dirty work in private, while making beautiful public speeches about "unity." GOP voters are starting to realize this about their candidates. They realize GOP politicians use their power in private to bite the heads off little people, promoting corporate interests, cheap wages, and never ending war.

Democrat voters, on the other hand, lack any such critical self-awareness about their candidates. They think Joe Biden is a Honey Bee, and if elected, he will magnanimously "step aside" in statesmanlike fashion, and allow the plain little dark-skinned girl on the Polar Express train to Step. Up. And. Lead. The little tousled-hair white boy in his pajamas will hear the "bell of justice" ringing, "Spend His Privilege," and sacrifice his own long-sought leadership interest to "Bring the Country Together" and make America "Listen To (millionaire) Black Women (married to rich White Men)." This is the lie Democrats are telling themselves.

In reality, Joe Biden is the Murder Hornet. When he achieves his long-sought leadership interest - just like Ruth Ginsburg or Teddy Kennedy - he is not giving up that position of power until they carry him out horizontally. But as long as Democrat voters can see Donald Trump handcuffed to his death bed, Facebook will be happy.

Trump, for his part:

- Stopped the TPP
    - Stopped the Paris Accord from raping America temporarily
    - Sacked the Iran Nuclear (aka Boeing) Deal
    - Hit China with tariffs
    - Suspended operation of the anti-America WTO appeals court
    - Got two modern progressive Arab states to normalize relations with Israel in exchange for land concessions from Netanyahu

Would Joe Biden (or any other Republican, for that matter), have done any of that?

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So can we get back to the question, who is against the presidential candidates? Is there something wrong on my list? We can learn a lot if we create the list...

I have more problems with Trump supporters i know then I do Trump himself. The ones I know believe some really weird stuff. They treat Trump like some sort of religious leader if not a deity. What I read the initial post of the threat it seemed to me to be more broad agenda based then policy-based in this critique of either candidate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have more problems with Trump supporters i know then I do Trump himself. The ones I know believe some really weird stuff. They treat Trump like some sort of religious leader if not a deity. What I read the initial post of the threat it seemed to me to be more broad agenda based then policy-based in this critique of either candidate.

For clarity, you have a problem with what Trump supporters believe and want him to do or their fervent support for him?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In 2016 I told my sons that if Mr Trump wins, elections that follow will resemble the WWE more than anything. I don't attach that change to the man, it has more to do with the times we live in.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Everybody's fussing over their chosen.
    That there's what you calls a diversion.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For years people have been clamoring for someone from outside the "beltway". Well we got one, and not only is he not politically correct, he won't tote the party line. Yes he is abrasive and needs to learn when to shut up, but he believes an America FOR the people which seems strange to everyone else in government who forget that the USA by constitution is of the people, by the people and for the people. No he is not perfect, and some people seem to hold that against him, but he is sure better than what the alternative is.

My father and his generation shed blood to rid Europe and the Pacific of something that does not belong in the "land of the free". I hope that generation can continue to rest in peace knowing we are still free.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can't wait for my Google™ residential premium plan, that shortens my drive to the Google™ suicide proof factory with bronze level benefits. If I get lucky I might get a Google™ intersectionality quiz to increase my wages by 0.2 Google™ star dollars per week!

It is far more likely that you will just get your Google™ Blue Pill daily and it will make you happy with your job and salary, more bucks for Bezos. I wonder when the new oligarchs will start targeting each other, like Carnegie and Rockefeller and Morgan eventually did. There can be only one

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it is instructive to look at the agendas of those supporting the candidates, particularly in this election, they are expecting something from the support they are giving and looking at that, in an overall sense, is an indication of the direction the candidates will go.

I guess I have to ask, who are we talking about? Are we talking about leaders? Congress? Rank and file? Factions? The answers kinda change depending on that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is certainly not in evidence by his treatment of wuwho flu, leaving it to the states to execute the response.

Biden seems to believe it should be top down centralized control to me...

It's in evidence of other areas of his tenure. Trump at least recognizes, or maybe he listened to a wise advisor who advised him, that he doesn't have the power to mandate lockdowns. Governors do depending how their constitutions are written and what powers state legislatures have given their governors.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's in evidence of other areas of his tenure. Trump at least recognizes, or maybe he listened to a wise advisor who advised him, that he doesn't have the power to mandate lockdowns. Governors do depending how their constitutions are written and what powers state legislatures have given their governors.

Are you saying that Trump listens to people who tell him his power isn't unlimited, and he actually respects that?

That should be one of the biggest feathers in his cap.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People who don't like Trump or his policies are against him. People who don't like Biden or his policies are against him. It's really not any more complicated, if that's the question.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    People who don't like Trump or his policies are against him. People who don't like Biden or his policies are against him. It's really not any more complicated, if that's the question.

Not a question, but something that should be acknowledged.

Since, ya know, the opposition is dead set on calling him a dictator.

Top Bottom